Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Customer survey  (Read 4267 times)

BIG AL

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster SS
  • OWF Model: G 200
    • View Profile
Customer survey
« on: August 05, 2017, 02:41:00 PM »

Back last fall Slim told me that Heatmaster was going to have him come out and do some upgrades to my g-200. He came out and added a cold air box to my fan , cut the curtain rails on the fire box , and changed out my turbulators with heavier ones. At that time he gave me a survey from Heatmaster asking questions about why we bought our boiler , what we liked most about it , how it has changed how he heat our house and so on. It said you could do the survey over the phone or by email. It also said that if you completed the survey they would send you (a case of boiler treatment or a gift card to your favorite restaurant). There was no email address listed so I searched around their web site and found contact information and asked where to send the survey? no answer. I tried emailing again no answer. I just found the paper the other day when I was cleaning my desk , I had kind of forgotten about it. I guess that survey was only meant for who they wanted to hear from. Guess I'm not getting my boiler treatment either :(
SE Mass
Husqvarna 55 , 455 , 372xp , Stihl MS 250
Farmall 460 Diesel , Case VAH with hi-clearance wood trailer, Ford 655 4x4 , Ford 445 loader, Farmall A with custom built logsplitter with own power unit and hoist.

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
Re: Customer survey
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 07:23:45 PM »

That survey was given to me by Ryan Friesen,he asked me to hand it out to all the customers that I did the upgrade for, I was later told that it was a select few folks that had run their units for over a year, I was then told that I'm the only person in North America who misunderstood the intent, Al, do you by any chance have a copy of that correspondence, if not I will look, I think I might.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 02:11:34 PM »

I'm sorry I can't help you Al, I wouldn't want to jeapordise your warranty by providing you with non certified treatment, perhaps the 2 dealers that HeatMaster shows on their website dealer locator can settle it for you or perhaps one of the dealers on here that seem to have so much pull with the corporate office can chime in? Eldon, Shepard Boy, would somebody help Al understand what's going on here because I never did understand it either?

shepherd boy

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: C375
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 08:10:11 PM »

I'll try, but E may do a better job. But as I recall, they were looking for responses from people who had used their G series units for at least a year. That would have been 2015's and early 2016 models. So any with the fan box issues would have been more current than that. The idea was that new owners usually have a honeymoon period or a trial and error period when first getting a furnace and they wanted realistic responses. I think there was a gift to a restaurant or water treatment as compensation. But I think that was a limited offer and not an ongoing policy. There should be water treatment available at any dealer for purchase. Check with 'Smokeless'.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 03:47:15 AM by shepherd boy »
Let the youngin's have it
 Gettin' old and lazy
 Lookin' for the next good fishing hole

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 05:16:33 AM »

Hmmmm, that's funny, Ryan made a big deal about me getting some of those in to him, in fact I still have the entire EMail thread. I'm confused, why would he want me to do that when I had just come on with HeatMaster the previous year and none of my customers had used their unit for an entire year?
I think I know the answer, perhaps you would care to take a guess at his reasoning and why was I ( in his words again ) the only person in North America who misunderstood the intentions of the promotion, low and behold at least 2 of my customers were used in his advertising!

E Yoder

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: GS 100
    • View Profile
    • www.heatmasterfurnace.com
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2017, 05:17:33 AM »

I think we handed out maybe three surveys total? I never understood that we should do more than that, the numbers would have been too high for them to do.
HeatMaster dealer serving southwest VA.
www.heatmasterfurnace.com

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2017, 05:27:01 AM »

Oh so either you read their mind, didn't do as they asked or didn't think it important, which one?
I did as I was asked and then THEY again changed the policy without letting me know, I consider that an attack on my personal credibility. IF HeatMaster has any credibility left then each and every one of my customers who took the time to send in a reply should be given the promised reward, this would include Al and to be honest, Al didn't even buy his boiler from me but I'll still fight for him when I can, this happens to be one of those occasions!

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2017, 06:24:43 AM »

Eldon, does this mean that the 2 bonified dealers that HeatMaster has in Massachusetts don't stock boilers but also don't stock boiler treatment?

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2017, 10:37:10 AM »

Hey Al, is this the survey I gave you

hondaracer2oo4

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster. Past Hardy
  • OWF Model: G200. Past H4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2017, 06:58:45 PM »

Al, yes I too got the survey from Richard. I called heatmaster to do the survey via phone. I don't remember who I talked to but they asked if I could do it by email since it would be easier. He gave me the email to send it to and i sent it away. They called me back after I filled it out and we discussed some of my suggestions for improvements which they seemed interested in. They then sent me the water treatment which I elected to receive and also sent me a jacket and hat. I thought all of this was generous for the 30 mins of time I spent on the survey and phone call. I appreciated their efforts to compensate me for my time and suggestions. I thought it was stand up of them. I would like to know if anyone actually filled out a survey and sent it in but wasn't compensated. I doubt that happened to anyone. I guess Als gripe is that he didn't know where to send it? Oh well I guess that's how the cookie crumbles.

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2017, 03:37:29 AM »

Nope, not the case Honda, you see after I handed those out to each and every person that I did the retrofits for, THEY ( HeatMaster ) then decided that I must have misunderstood the rules, see I was only to hand them out to a select few that had burned their boiler for at least a year, of course this was not explained to me or in any communication AND I don't even think I had any customers that had run their units for a year at that point. As a matter of fact Honda, I heard about the change of rules from several customers who filled out their survey and submitted it only to be told that I , yes me, must have made a mistake, I'll look for the EMail thread from Ryan today, perhaps then you will all begin to understand my frustration with HeatMaster, it's not a single event that caused this but instead a series of cases like this and the last one being the promise of an actual apology by Mr. Jake Friesen for accusing me of attempting to bill him for services that I performed on Neil's boiler that I should have billed for but didn't. I will also look back and see if I can post a pic of that brand new pressure tested boiler that leaked on the elbow on the bypass.

hondaracer2oo4

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2017, 05:34:16 AM »

Interesting, at that point in the year(September) I would guess that people had run their boilers for a season unless they got it installed mid winter I guess? Sounds like ultimately a misunderstanding I guess, frustrating to you non the less since you told people to fill them out.

On another note, it appears that atleast one boiler sneaked through the pressure test. It probably isn't the fact of the leak itself(you have to expect stuff happens and gets missed but how the company responded to that issue with you, the dealer?

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2017, 05:40:01 AM »

It will all eventually come out Honda, you were one of the first folks to own one, a lot has happened since then, I can understand a leak getting by but you know me well enough that you should know I won't stand for being told that I did it AND then attempted to bill for it, Neal was right there, perhaps he'll chime in?

hondaracer2oo4

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2017, 07:15:37 AM »

You and the company had obviously developed a mistrust of eachother. A shame for both sides.

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2017, 07:23:12 AM »

Yup, trouble is that I never gave them a reason to mistrust me, they on the other hand consistently changed the rules, do you have any idea what that does to the credibility of a dealer, imagine the mindset of Al when he found out that he wasn't eligible or another customer in northern NH that would have sold multiple units for me but when he was told that he wasn't eligible wanted nothing to do with the company!
You see if I had been the one to tell him then I could have fallen on the sword and he would have respected that but a generic conversation from corporate stating that I made a mistake made him mistrust us both.
Pages: [1] 2