Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Wood Consumption  (Read 8270 times)

tinfoilhat2020

• OWF Brand: POS
    • View Profile
Re: Wood Consumption
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2017, 09:51:09 AM »

I was pretty proud of mine yesterday. Tossed a wheelbarrow full in at 9am yesterday and went about my business as usual. Ended up stopping "for a beer" at a buddy's place and got home at 5am this morning to find 155 on the Ranco and a decent bed of coals in the chamber. 20 hour burn on 8 blocks of wood at 25 degrees

yeah for over 5000 sqft that is insane. my gasser wouldn't have even done that unless the bocks were all 24" long and 8" x 8"

tinfoilhat2020

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2017, 09:52:40 AM »

I had a proud moment this morning as well tho, I loaded my first load lastnight of all green oak slabs. I load to the bottom of the door frame and got 12 hours at 25F....not to shabby for slabs, im liking it!

wreckit87

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: C375
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2017, 10:18:31 AM »

I saw that! Hate to say it but you're kinda making me like gassers lol

tinfoilhat2020

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2017, 10:32:44 AM »

well what originally sold me on the G series was the fact they were not near as picky as other models as per the wood being tossed in. THIS stove has been wonderful, coming up on 2 weeks with this unit tomorrow and it has handled everything I have tossed in. I got some 8-10" rounds of ash im trying next!

E Yoder

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: GS 100
    • View Profile
    • www.heatmasterfurnace.com
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2017, 06:13:02 PM »

My experience has been wet wood does surprisingly well when it has a steady load in the winter, less efficient, but it works. You'll want to keep a closer eye on your fan because all the steam coming through can cause fly ash to stick to it and you'll need to scrape it off. And you'll want to be more careful about not letting ash cap the bottom of the air curtains as it can cause creosote to back up inside instead of draining and burning up.
Come spring with long idle times and wet or green wood you'll start seeing lots of sweating and you might start to  gum up your air intake box. So keep your dryer wood for mild weather.
A G2 can handle 10" pretty good, bigger if you have some small slabs/splits with it. Just watch the coal bed.
Someone who pays attention can go way outside of the optimum range for fuel, but you gotta watch a few things.
Keep experimenting and posting. I like this stuff. Some more videos please, I subscribed. :)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 06:15:55 PM by E Yoder »
HeatMaster dealer serving southwest VA.
www.heatmasterfurnace.com

tinfoilhat2020

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2017, 05:53:15 AM »

My experience has been wet wood does surprisingly well when it has a steady load in the winter, less efficient, but it works. You'll want to keep a closer eye on your fan because all the steam coming through can cause fly ash to stick to it and you'll need to scrape it off. And you'll want to be more careful about not letting ash cap the bottom of the air curtains as it can cause creosote to back up inside instead of draining and burning up.
Come spring with long idle times and wet or green wood you'll start seeing lots of sweating and you might start to  gum up your air intake box. So keep your dryer wood for mild weather.
A G2 can handle 10" pretty good, bigger if you have some small slabs/splits with it. Just watch the coal bed.
Someone who pays attention can go way outside of the optimum range for fuel, but you gotta watch a few things.
Keep experimenting and posting. I like this stuff. Some more videos please, I subscribed. :)

Thanks Eldon,

I agree 100% on keeping an extra eye on things when burning higher MC wood. I am see a bit of increased moisture around the door, but nothing alarming. My plan is to only burn this green slab wood now through the end of February when we will have steady cold temps. Come spring iw ill go back to the seasoned 23% MC or less oak that I have on stock pile :) I always keep an eye on the damper, so far so good. a small bit of drool, but nothing crazy. I have been rocking the turbulator handles about 10x day just to be safe

E Yoder

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: GS 100
    • View Profile
    • www.heatmasterfurnace.com
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2017, 06:05:10 AM »

:thumbup:
HeatMaster dealer serving southwest VA.
www.heatmasterfurnace.com

Smokeless

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster ss.
  • OWF Model: G-100, 200,400
    • View Profile
    • PCWoodBoilerSystems
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2017, 12:08:58 PM »

Hi Coolidge.
  On your g-200. Can you look threw the clean out door  and make sure the bottom of the nozzle is intact.
 Also it is very easy to put the upper nozzle in backwards and that would block off the secondary air for the gasification process.
Signature:
JD 401-c /Honda300atv/CAT 922-B/twofarmallCubs/2135 diesel Massey/8 chain saws/JMSloader/ 2017 Chevy Duramax 2500 HD
HeatMaster/Logstor  dealer for North east area NY VT NH MASS. Sales, installations, troubleshooting of hydronic systems and gasification issues.  Saratoga co, NY
Pages: 1 2 [3]