Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Rude/ ungrateful children rant  (Read 7035 times)

BIG AL

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster SS
  • OWF Model: G 200
    • View Profile
Re: Rude/ ungrateful children rant
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2017, 08:10:52 PM »

I would have sworn we were Russian when we grew up cause my old man is as sharp as the sickle and as hard as the hammer that crosses it. Probably the sweedish side of my heritage. We learned the value of hard work very early on. I can't even talk to kids these days , most of them make me sick. My wife's son is 21 , lives with us , has never even had a driver's license. He's a smart kid but lazy as an old hound dog. I don't even try to get him motivated anymore I feel like it's easier to struggle and do things myself then have him help me. It's sad but these kids don't care. When we aren't here to do everything for them they are F'd. We are lucky that over the years I have been able to amass pretty near anything that we could ever need. Our kid would have everything he would ever need to survive if mom and I weren't here but he wouldn't get out from in front of the play station long enough to ever use any of it. He would freeze before he split any wood or light the wood boiler. He could have 3 trucks to drive but no license. He would have to find a job but it would be tough to get there. I don't understand these kids these day they make me sick.   
SE Mass
Husqvarna 55 , 455 , 372xp , Stihl MS 250
Farmall 460 Diesel , Case VAH with hi-clearance wood trailer, Ford 655 4x4 , Ford 445 loader, Farmall A with custom built logsplitter with own power unit and hoist.

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2017, 09:19:15 PM »

A saying goes about farming.

The first generation starts it.

The second generation grows it.

The third generation usually pisses it all away.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

atvalaska

• OWF Brand: aqua-therm
  • OWF Model: coal one 275
  • 907, no vacancy !
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2017, 11:31:59 PM »

Damm I missed this thread.....I agree, I crush the kids nuts as they grew up , even the neborhoods kids if they came by ..,....I need more time to type this out .I don't think this country is going to be very fun in the future... I listen to the radio a lot and I hear a ad to ..play games.. While some kid whales... AINT NO WAY !!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]