Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Pennsylvania proposes regulations for outside wood furnaces  (Read 13849 times)

Ridgekid

Re: Pennsylvania proposes regulations for outside wood furnaces
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2011, 08:45:27 AM »

Mine isn't a gasifier. Average burn time is 15 minutes. Yesterday I burned 8x which equates to 120 minutes of smoke. Now compare that to my chimney that would of smoked 24 hours. Too many regulations. Someone's got the oil companies in their pockets, and I bet it's the EPA.

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2011, 11:14:47 AM »

Oil companies?  Why do you people think it's always oil oil oil!  How about the simple fact of the matter that the big liberal push in our country is that the average person isn't smart enough to take care of themselves and they were sent to save us all from ourselves! 

These tree bugger types and such are assuming how smart they are because of the liberal environment our schools have became.  Once again, they feel smarter and entitled to save us from ourselves. When in fact they know very little about any of the true science and data behind all of it. 

They can't seem to understand that burning wood in a good owb doesn't produce anymore pollution than if the tree were allowed to lay in the woods and rot.  Wood is "carbon neutral" and produces the same amount of gas whether rotting or burning.  Only thing they can see is that a tree was harmed and smoke coming from a chimney.  I for one use a lot of wood that would normally be wasted.  Trees that are damaged from storms, lightning, bugs, and cleaning up around the property.   Wood is a truly renewable resource we should try to take advantage of.  For those nuts in Washington and the epa to have the right to affect the way I heat my home really shows how govt is going to far! 
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

TLuckoski

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: 5036
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2011, 01:47:35 PM »

Amen I agree with you 100%. Nothing more than college educated idiots running this country.

Bull

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: Rebuilt H2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2011, 09:20:36 PM »

cooch has it right, it is not the dems or the repbs is goes higher than that..............
Southern Indiana
Just outside of the "Small Town"

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2011, 07:28:17 AM »

Yes bull he is right to a point, dem / rep, I don't care.  But the I'm smarter than you because I have a slip of paper mentality has gone to far.   I see folks who are "engineers" all the time that couldnt build a fire. 

You go into any factory in America still in biz and you'll see workers who kmow how to do there job.  Then you'll probably sees bunch of bosses who were hired in because they knew someone or had some pull, and they'll know nothing about what's going on.  You could pull the avg guy off the line and the boss wouldn't know how to even start to do his work. 

How about these occupy wall street folks?  No two of them can give you the same answer to what it is there protesting, its a circus! 
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

beeman

• OWF Brand: homemade
  • OWF Model: her name is HOT CHICK
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2011, 10:39:12 AM »

shhh, shhh, shhh you know it is all a conspiracy , they are watching all of us look out for the black helicopter :bag:
work like a bee  1970 mgb stihl 029

MattyNH

• OWF Brand: Crown Royal former Aqua-Therm
  • OWF Model: 7300E ; S-275
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2011, 07:57:05 PM »

EPA and OIL and I will say some abuse..Is why I think there are regulations of these boilers...Oil always wins...Look at what your paying at the pump or the bill on your door knob... Oil and the Union killed the auto industry..But us tax payers bailed them out...If  heating oil and gas was $.99 a gallon still...This web sight wouldn't even exist.. When the small guy gets away from the sky rocketing oil...Hmm all of a sudden new laws..OWB's could put the local oil guy out if everyone had owb's..Keep the local logger busy....Crazy when the  oil companys rave about huge record profits..And the small guy struggles..
Crown Royal 7300E (2021)
Aqua-Therm S-275 (2006)
Jonsered 2188
Jonsered 2165
Jonsered 2050
Timberwolf- TWP1 5.5 Honda 25in wood splitter
American CLS- AM48HH 8 Honda 48in wood splitter
Kubota L3800DT
Lake Winnipesaukee New Hampshire

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2011, 09:25:50 PM »

I think a lot of folks from the north would be amazed how many ppl have never heard of "heating oil". Never seen anyone use it around here.
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

Bull

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: Rebuilt H2
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2011, 06:02:21 AM »

Total electric here and wood, to far out for natural gas and LP cost to much. Never used oil but it is available.
Southern Indiana
Just outside of the "Small Town"

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2011, 07:24:03 AM »

Yea it's all electric here or propane.  No natural gas to speak of nd never seen anyone use heating oil
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

Ridgekid

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2011, 07:54:28 AM »

Total electric here too. (Heat pump-or should i call it my AC unit now?)  :thumbup:

My son was on heating oil which started this search for alternate heat. He was on a budget plan. He just moved in July 2010. I think it was $118/month. Then the phone call from the "oil man" in February. Due to rising costs we'll need to raise your monthly plan to $188 month.  OK, he understood. Then they called the next day and said they miscalculated. Sorry, we meant $288/ month. Ridiculous! He's only heating 950 sq ft. And thus his purchase of the CL4030.

rhugg

• OWF Brand: Legend
  • OWF Model: 6180
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2011, 09:01:18 AM »

I have a different take on it being in management.  It is not my job to run a machine but I could learn just like I can put in my own OWB.  Furthermore companies are in business to make $ and if you hadn't noticed, in the last 40 years we have international competition.  In China they get paid nothing, have no EPA, no OSHA, and no union.  It is tough competing with them and our politicians keep making it harder and then they wine that bad American businesses are sending jobs overseas.  They need to take responsibility.  It is no secret that this administration is anti-business and has gone after, via the EPA, anything with at smokestack.

But back on topic, the problem is that OWB's smoke and people will put them within 50' of the neighbors.  You can not regulate ignorance.  I do not believe that any, even the gasifiers, produce no smoke when newly loaded or off cycle.  So in typical fashion this is more drivven by the OWB manufacturers to specify out the competition.  The result will be that 3-4 companies survive the regulation/testing costs and prices will go up while choices go down.

If you think the oil companies give a hoot about OWB's you have been watching too much NBC  or listening to too many teleprompter speeches.

JMO, sorry for the rant but I believe in private property rights and I hate being told that I can't cut down a tree, have a closeline, have a satelite dish, or keep a junk car on my own property.  But as you know, good fences make good neighbors (or acreage) and since smoke doesn't obey fences and we can't legislate away ignorance the result will be that Central Boiler and a few others will be the only options available in PA. 

PatrickfromPA

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2011, 07:19:05 PM »

hey guys, i got mine in under the epa wire and grandfathered in the law so there is nothing they can do to me. However my highly educated neighbors who are not afraid to admit to anyone there wall of diploma's between the two of them. Tried everything to get the county and state to shut me down. Soooo that didn't work. Nothing that my over educated neighbors can do. so now he hired a bobcat and pushed his lawn trash and debris into my stream.  Good thing for I phones. now the EPA and DEP is all over his ass for dumping into a stream.  the fines are in the 10's of thousands.  I still laugh about it to myself when i see him outside raking leaves. by the way he is 750 ft from my stove. I LOVE living close to super educated professional students.  THEY IS SOME REAL SMART ONES AROUND HERE.
OWB-wood doctor XL champion series
installed 1-16-2010
uses for my OWB-
heat house/garage- Air condition house/garage-
working on using the seebeck/thompson effect to generate electricity

artbaldoni

• OWF Brand: Nature's Comfort
  • OWF Model: NCB-175 Modified to burn coal and/or wood.
  • Continuously burning since 2010!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2011, 07:25:21 AM »

I really enjoy reading all the stereotype BS that is on this site and others like it. Labor or management, high school dropout or PhD., it doesn't really matter. There are rules we all need to live by. Laws of nature, The Ten Commandments, Love your neighbor, the golden rule, natural selection, etc.. All the laws belched out by the government are nothing more than self serving ways to put money into the pocket of someone who is already rich or some special interest group. I don't want to get one over on anybody or the government. I just want to live my life and try to make some sense of how my tax dollars get used. If I put in an OWB and it smokes out the neighbor its my fault. I should have been smarter, so now I should do the right thing and remove it. If my boiler was already there and somebody decides to move in next door they should have been smarter and need to put up with the smoke. How hard is that?

Ok, I'm ranted out...BTW did everybody enjoy Christmas?
Nature's Comfort  NCB-175
Dolmar 5105 20"
Makita DCS6401 28"
1995 5/8 ton Dodge
7 x 14 10k Trailer
Bobcat 7753 w/EEL Tracks
22T Huskee Splitter
Fiskars X-27
Fiskars X-11
15 # Monster Maul
Titan 60"  Twin Cyl. Root Grapple

MTJAG

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: CL5036
  • CB 5036, Husky 450, Montana 2740 4WD,100% off grid
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2011, 03:06:17 PM »

Unfortunately, America is now one of the most regulated "free" industrial countries in the world.  There is certainly a need for laws in society but throughout recorded history, governments continue to regulate away from order and toward the benefit of those in power.  With the passage of NDAA (The National Defense Authorization Act) before Christmas, we now face a government that can avoid the  Due Process Clause of the Fifth Amendment and Habeas Corpus to detain indefinitely any US citizen that is suspected a terrorist.  No proof is needed.... 
So, we have bigger issues with our government than the EPA, FDA or any other regulatory agency.  If we don't get off our couches and stop the all out assault on our Constitution and Bill of Rights, we will soon find ourselves on the wrong end of the law.  And if you really want to get worked up, do a search for COG (Continuity of Government) to see what our government has in store for us in case of a national emergency.
We are not without hope, but it takes courage to stand up for what is right and what is right is the Constitution of the United States this country was founded upon.  Every elected official has taken an oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States and practically everyone of them in the past forty years has broken that oath of office.
"a man is no fool to give up what he can not keep to gain what he can not lose"
Pages: 1 [2] 3