Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: empyre pro 200 first impressions!  (Read 20833 times)

ecc_33

• View Profile
Re: empyre pro 200 first impressions!
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2014, 03:27:42 PM »

I haven't had any more door sticking shut. Just wanted to inspect everything since I had time too.

ecc_33

• View Profile
Wouldn't keep up with heating the house last night
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2014, 06:56:00 AM »

It was -16* when I woke up and furnace NEVER kicked  off between 2:00a.m. and 7:00a.m. Loaded stove last night with nice and dry cherry and went out this morning thinking it was gone at 5:30. Box still was about 1/4 full and had nice fire. Water was at 134* Opened the door and through in some super dry elm and temp was rising. Finally about 7:00 the furnace shut off. My furnace is set at 68* and it was 66* in the house when I woke up. Still really not that bad considering it was -16* outside.

cbofei

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: empyre
  • OWF Model: 200 xt
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2014, 11:31:17 AM »

Ecc sorry if i missed it but where are you.  Been cold everywhere, but i bet if you clean your plumbing up a little you will make out better on these brutal nights.  Good project for this off season.  Good luck

ecc_33

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2014, 03:47:01 PM »

South east ohio. 30 miles south east of columbus. Im not mad just trying to be as honest as I can for other people to make good desisions on there purchase. I won't to be up front and honest. Im affraid this stove isn't going to like my barn when i build it at all :'(

ecc_33

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2014, 03:49:16 PM »

another thing I am far from my house. About 230ft of pex one way.

cbofei

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: empyre
  • OWF Model: 200 xt
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2014, 01:21:27 PM »

I hear you just stick with it.  I am not a heating contractor/plumber but i am pretty positive by tweaking the pumps and or removing some elbows, tees ,and junctions in your plumbing you should get the burn times and the tems you need.  Good luck(noticied ssouth east Ohio  temps were miserable again today)

ecc_33

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2014, 07:14:43 AM »

Was a low of 13* yesterday morning and a high of 34* yesterday. Went 28 hours on one firing!!!!! Also got a surprise delivery with some proformer and the drill cleaning kit!! Thanks Scott. Let me know what I owe ya. Do you guys use the proformer everyday?

Belknap

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2014, 12:43:43 PM »

I use one scoop per day.  It does seem to keep the tubes dry.  I never have any sticky creosote in the tubes.  I have never not used it so I can't really compare.  You said in 28 hours the boiler only fired once.  Is that right?
Gilford NH

ecc_33

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2014, 06:52:13 AM »

Yes, filled it up then went 28 hours before putting wood in again. The only thing i put inside was two small card board boxes. It's only happened a couple times since its been up and running. Very very dry elm is a blessing!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 06:54:31 AM by ecc_33 »

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2014, 08:11:45 AM »

Hey ecc33, we have a new distributor now it seems

But in regards to the boiler and burn times,  I know it is Def possible to get those long burn times but it's probably not the best practice for your boiler

I have discussed this with many customers and maverick23 from the fourm.  I have talked them into only loading enough wood to get them through the desired time frame, whether it's 12 or 14 hours, when they do that the tubes stay cleaner, dryer, lots of positive things and much less volatile gasses wondering around in the boiler. . 

Try it and see what u think
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

ecc_33

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2014, 07:30:18 AM »

Will do Scott. I haven't seen the tubes wet yet. They are always white and real dry flakey ash inside. Never seems hard to clean.

Hammersquash

• OWF Brand: Empyre
  • OWF Model: 200 ProHS
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2014, 04:43:49 AM »

Well after reading this entire thread on a 777 on the way back from Italy and knowing I have a Empyre 200pro sitting on pallets waiting for pickup I get a bit of a peach pit in my stomach.  However, this thread does remind me of a joke... Hope this brightens everyone's day and they can see the similarities...

A woman was at her hairdresser's getting her hair styled for a trip to Rome with her husband.. She mentioned the trip to the hairdresser, who responded:

" Rome ?Why would anyone want to go there? It's crowded and dirty.. You're crazy to go to Rome .. So, how are you getting there?"

"We're taking Air Italia!," was the reply. "We got a great rate!"

"Air Italia?" exclaimed the hairdresser.. " That's a terrible airline. Their planes are old, their flight attendants are ugly, and they're always late. So, where are you staying in Rome ?"

"We'll be at this exclusive little place over on Rome 's Tiber River called Teste."

"Don't go any further. I know that place. Everybody thinks its gonna be something special and exclusive, but it's really a dump."

"We're going to go to see the Vatican and maybe get to see the Pope."

"That's rich," laughed the hairdresser. You and a million other people trying to see him. He'll look the size of an ant.

Boy, good luck on this lousy trip of yours. You're going to need it..."

A month later, the woman again came in for a hairdo. The hairdresser asked her about her trip to Rome

"It was wonderful," explained the woman, "not only were we on time in one of Air Italia's brand new planes, but it was overbooked, and they bumped us up to first class. The food and wine were wonderful, and I had a handsome 28-year-old steward who waited on me hand and foot.

And the hotel was great! They'd just finished a 5 million remodelling job, and now it's a jewel, the finest hotel in the city. They too, were overbooked, so they apologized and gave us their owner's suite at no extra charge!"

"Well," muttered the hairdresser, "that's all well and good, but I bet you didn't get to see the Pope."

"Actually, we were quite lucky, because as we toured the Vatican, a Swiss Guard tapped me on the shoulder, and explained that the Pope likes to meet some of the visitors, and if I'd be so kind as to step into his private room and wait, the Pope would personally greet me.

Sure enough, five minutes later, the Pope walked through the door and shook my hand! I knelt down and he spoke a few words to me"

"Oh, really! What'd he say ?"

He said: "Who the **** did your hair?"
Stihl 362
Stihl 660 Magnum
Kubota BX25
New Holland L213
Fiskars X27
2012 F250 King Ranch 6.7 TD

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2014, 04:50:33 AM »

THANK YOU HAMMERSQUASH, I love a good laugh especially first thing in the morning, That was a great laugh!!!!
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

ecc_33

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2014, 07:59:29 AM »

Yesterday is was really windy here. 35mph+ winds. I went down late to put wood in the stove and could here the draft door slaping open and shut. Fire was going so I didn't worry to much. The wind must of been killing the draft on the stove.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]