Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: One year anniversary  (Read 1821 times)

Jon_E

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster SS
  • OWF Model: G200 Gasifier
    • View Profile
One year anniversary
« on: January 05, 2018, 10:31:40 AM »

Yesterday was my one-year anniversary of the installation of my G200.  I will publicly say that slimjim (Richard) has been a great help to me in the past year, helping me with a few problems, talking on the phone for advise, etc.  Also the rest of you guys who are members here for offering advice and assistance with the few issues I've had.  This is a great forum and I would probably not have gotten the G200 without the advice and help from all of you.

So I have probably burned about 35-40% less wood with the G200 than I ever did with the old Central Boiler.  I actually enjoy using it - monitoring, feeding, cleaning, etc.  It's a simple unit and highly efficient.  I have plans for the spring where I am going to build a new wood shed and put the front of the unit under a roof so that I can feed it without having to stand out in the snow and rain.  In the next couple of weeks when it warms up a touch, I am going to hook up the radiant tubing in my garage and give this critter more work to do.  I used to hate dealing with my old OWB to the point I was ready to give up and put in a propane boiler in the house.  Now I enjoy it again and look forward to cutting firewood.  And the more I learn, the more I hope I can help others with my experiences.

Time to send in my annual water sample.  Thanks again to everyone here on the forum.
Firewood collector and hot water enthusiast.

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
Re: One year anniversary
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 10:54:09 AM »

:post:

Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

tinfoilhat2020

• OWF Brand: POS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 04:53:10 PM »

:post: :pic: :thumbup: :photo:

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 05:42:49 PM »

Out of curiosity which model CB did your G200 replace?

Have a lot of those around here yet and a lot of Woodmasters, some swear by em and wouldn’t have anything else, others have talked to me already about wood usage, what I thought theirs might be worth to resell, how long to swap a G out for what they have. The Woodmasters are easy, why the hookups are on the side of some beats me, those would be a little more labor intense if a person wanted the new stove to face the way the old did.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

Jon_E

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster SS
  • OWF Model: G200 Gasifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 02:15:00 PM »

I replaced a CL5648 (Classic).  The hookups were on the side of the old one, so there was some minor difficulty in getting the PEX and electric hooked up to the back of the G200. 

Never did really like the old CB.  I think my favorite part of the G200, aside from the reduced wood usage, is the smoke bypass.  I would not have wanted the GS- model.
Firewood collector and hot water enthusiast.