Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Multi fuel  (Read 2223 times)

Farmer Rob

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Multi fuel
« on: January 21, 2018, 10:06:43 PM »

Hello group and does anyone have one of the Multi fuel boilers,if yes what do you burn other than wood in them?

E Yoder

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: GS 100
    • View Profile
    • www.heatmasterfurnace.com
Re: Multi fuel
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 02:13:05 AM »

I've burned coal and sawdust mixed with the firewood in an MF unit. That's been 5+ years ago. Worked great .
HeatMaster dealer serving southwest VA.
www.heatmasterfurnace.com

shepherd boy

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: C375
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 02:49:37 AM »

Got a Heatmaster C series on house and one on our multipurpose building. burn wood and coal and the rest I don't tell.
Let the youngin's have it
 Gettin' old and lazy
 Lookin' for the next good fishing hole

Farmer Rob

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 07:54:35 AM »

Thank you guys for that Info and I will not ask what that stuff might be which you do not want to mention.lol Is the door big enough to fit a square bale of hay/straw through it?Also what kinda burn times do you get with wood when is (Cold) dead of winter?

wreckit87

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: C375
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 09:55:27 AM »

Thank you guys for that Info and I will not ask what that stuff might be which you do not want to mention.lol Is the door big enough to fit a square bale of hay/straw through it?Also what kinda burn times do you get with wood when is (Cold) dead of winter?

I have a C375 as well, (very similar to the MF7000E) and have tried a little bit of everything. I load for 12-14 hour burn times, but if I stacked it full of oak I could get probably 36 hours at -20F heating 5200 sq ft. Stacked it full back in November to see if I could leave for the weekend deer hunting and it lasted 4 full days, but it was also 20-30 degrees.

I tried coal and it's fine, but was not impressed with longevity or the smell

1 sack of compressed wood pellets for pellet stoves and it seemed to burn very well, just the holes in the grates were a little big and let some of the pellets fall through into the ash pan

1 sack of 20% MC corn which also did well but also fell through the grates and stinks like hell

1 sack of corn still on the cob did well but a lot of ash and again the smell was bad

3 small squares of straw, yes they fit through the door, but there wasn't much heat in it. A lot of ash. Seemed to burn a lot like cardboard and was tough to control as it was warm when I tried, would probably do better in the cold but doesn't last very long. I think corn stalk bales would do well but nobody square bales them around here

I prefer the wood myself, but it'll burn anything you throw in it. I won't burn pallets or anything with nails or plastic for fear of plugging up the shaker grates. I toyed with the idea of a small sheet of fine mesh over the shakers for corn or pellets but they're both too expensive here to bother making a habit of it

userdk

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster SS
  • OWF Model: G 400
    • View Profile
    • Outdoor Wood Furnaces - Pineview Woodstoves
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 04:05:29 PM »

We had a customer tell us they incinerated a 500 lb. steer in their MF20,000e. Said it smelled like roast beef for a few days.