Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: what happened???  (Read 13438 times)

Roger2561

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
Re: what happened???
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2018, 03:08:28 AM »

Well for what it's worth I would like to say THANKS to those who offer their time to help out the less knowledgeable on the subject. You guys have helped me out a ton and I've learned a lot from you, especially reading about other peoples' problems and solutions. 3 months in on my install, 70% complete. Gonna have a beer when this is done and I don't drink.

:thumbup:    :post:
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

E Yoder

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: GS 100
    • View Profile
    • www.heatmasterfurnace.com
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2018, 03:31:49 AM »

Well for what it's worth I would like to say THANKS to those who offer their time to help out the less knowledgeable on the subject. You guys have helped me out a ton and I've learned a lot from you, especially reading about other peoples' problems and solutions. 3 months in on my install, 70% complete. Gonna have a beer when this is done and I don't drink.

:thumbup:    :post:

I agree. I read for years before joining. A wealth of information all there for free. Thanks to who all posted over the years.
HeatMaster dealer serving southwest VA.
www.heatmasterfurnace.com

Roger2561

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2018, 03:38:48 AM »

I wish spring would show up here in New England.  The weather has been chilly say nothing for the 2 Nor'Easters we received over the past couple of weeks.  We may even get another one early this week.  The temps over the weekend are not to get out of the lower 20's F during the day and single digits overnight with a 10 to 20MPH wind from the north.  I'm itching get my motorcycle out storage but the bike is in the storage shed buried under snow.  It's funny, in the fall I can't wait for the day to arrive to get the OWB fired up but come spring I look forward to the day I can shut her down.  Roger 
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
New Hampshire

hockeyguy

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: central boiler
  • OWF Model: eclassic e2300
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2018, 06:55:49 AM »

I’m not one to comment often(on any site I visit), but do check in regularly and enjoy this site.
Like Roger, my mind is usually on motorcycles and motorcycle forums this time of year. Cold weather and two feet of snow on the ground has kept my mind on wood burning this year. ;)
Ducati Multistrada
Polaris Sportsman 500
Central N.H.

wreckit87

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: C375
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2018, 07:25:45 AM »

I'm itching get my motorcycle out storage but the bike is in the storage shed buried under snow.  It's funny, in the fall I can't wait for the day to arrive to get the OWB fired up but come spring I look forward to the day I can shut her down.  Roger

I had both bikes in my walkout basement for the winter. Bought the new one last spring and had the old one for sale since, got literally 2 calls in 11 months (asking too much, didn't want to part with it lol) but some guy called the other day wanting to take a look. Drove 5 hours to look, wanted to buy it for full price! So then we had to wrestle it out of the basement which wasn't awful, but let me tell you- a 250 series tire has NO traction on hard crusty snow. There's 40 feet of lawn between my basement door and driveway, now covered in 8" of snow, and that was quite a feat. Me playing the clutch and him pushing we still wasted at least 5 minutes getting there haha

Roger2561

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2018, 10:07:42 AM »

wreckit - Last season at this time it was warm so I was riding already.  It'll be a bit before I can get her into my work shop and service her for the season.  I always baby my equipment so every fall as part of putting her up for the winter she gets new oil and oil filter regardless of mileage, gotta get the toxins out of the motor.   
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
New Hampshire

heat550

• OWF Brand: Heatmor
  • OWF Model: 1994 200ss 2015 400dcss
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2018, 10:25:28 AM »

It's a different kinda forum you post get 729 veiws maybe 2 replys
I think Facebook is just a virus . I won't go there. Maybe everyone just to busy.  ... I posted alot in last 6 months about burning slabs ..everyone should have too much details there. lol I will be finishing Brothers boiler install this summer I will add those details ..lot of drama there installing 1 copper underground insul seal pipe. Otherwise there is great people in here.

Heat550

MD20/20

• OWF Brand: Nature's Comfort
  • OWF Model: 325G
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2018, 12:05:47 PM »

I have never had anything but positive interactions with members of this site.
Central MD

E Yoder

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: GS 100
    • View Profile
    • www.heatmasterfurnace.com
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2018, 01:28:35 PM »

If this site could update to something a little more "modern" looking might help. I'm a believer in something like this where info is stored and searchable later. But it is kinda old in appearance. I think Marty said updating would be quite a challenge.
 But I'm not heading to FB.
Keep posting heat550, I'd like to see the copper underground running.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 01:31:09 PM by E Yoder »
HeatMaster dealer serving southwest VA.
www.heatmasterfurnace.com

Maple Mike

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Model: E classic 1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2018, 05:43:46 PM »

I’m fairly new to this site and I still check in weekly. I too enjoy this site.
I frequent a maple forum that is hammering with activity this time of year and then drops off in the summer months
Kubota L3010 w/Woods backhoe
Wallenstien fx90 skidding winch

Bridgewater, NH

Roscoe

• OWF Brand: Hawken
  • OWF Model: HE2100
  • Southeast Michigan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2018, 06:53:59 PM »

What the hell happened to this site...it has no traffic, only a few experts and mostly Heatmaster discussions.
It used to be fun to read every day.

We could get Warren to check in? He could try to sell us his treatment or maybe gather some new email addresses???? 
JD 7775
Kioti DK35
Bobcat S250
All Wood Oak Series
Stihl 036pro, 362c, 064
Husk 385,570
Shindiawa 416
Griffin 14' Dump
Owned: WD14000 / Ridgewood 7500

wreckit87

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: C375
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2018, 07:42:46 PM »

What the hell happened to this site...it has no traffic, only a few experts and mostly Heatmaster discussions.
It used to be fun to read every day.

We could get Warren to check in? He could try to sell us his treatment or maybe gather some new email addresses????

Hahahahaha! Or maybe brag about how he wrote the new EPA regs that ultimately put him out of business, perhaps try to peddle his illegal leftover stock to some poor unsuspecting shmuck? I haven't heard him tell me how he's the leading hydronic heating expert in the world lately (true story by the way, he totally said that).

juddspaintballs

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2018, 07:33:40 PM »

I brought home my 9th trailer load of firewood today for this heating season.  My dad owns a small tree company and keeps the wood at his house.  I go over there, cut it up with his saws, split it with his splitter, toss it into his 5x10 dump trailer with 4' sides (200 cu ft), drag it home, and dump it on my gravel spot in front of the boiler.  A thrown cord is 180 cu ft vs a stacked cord being 128 cu ft, so nine 200 cu ft loads equals 1800 cu ft of thrown firewood, which is exactly 10 cords for the season.  This load will take me into April.  If it's still cold after that, I'll use some propane for the cold nights.  I started burning earlier this year and I'm burning later, too.  10 cords for the season isn't half bad. :thumbup:

Roger2561

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2018, 03:12:21 AM »

I'm staying away from the FB site, it's becoming too toxic for my taste.  I check this site everyday to see if anyone has anything new to say.  I've learned so much from this site that I hope it doesn't disappear.  Roger   
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
New Hampshire

Scratch

• OWF Model: CB6048
    • View Profile
    • Edge Metalworks
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2018, 06:11:19 AM »

If this site could update to something a little more "modern" looking might help. I'm a believer in something like this where info is stored and searchable later. But it is kinda old in appearance. I think Marty said updating would be quite a challenge.
 But I'm not heading to FB.
Keep posting heat550, I'd like to see the copper underground running.
I kind of disagree...
I check 8 forums multiple times a day and this is my favorite one to check because it's the fastest loading one.  No bandwidth sucking ads, and not a bunch of graphics.
I even like the color!
Hudson, WI
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4