Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Leaving for winter how to leave boiler?  (Read 8175 times)

Maple Mike

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: E classic 1400
    • View Profile
Re: Leaving for winter how to leave boiler?
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2018, 07:18:34 PM »

Not sure how cold it gets where you are, but I wait til after thanksgiving to light mine. Sometimes I get low temps in high teens at night and highs around 30-35 in the day for 2 or 3 days in mid November. I would get nervous so I would turn the boiler on to check water temp and water temp read 48*. I did plug the circulator in at the end of October
My boiler is 100 feet from house and pipe is buried 2.5 feet deep
Kubota L3010 w/Woods backhoe
Wallenstien fx90 skidding winch

Bridgewater, NH

5050racing

• OWF Brand: CB-1450
    • View Profile
Re: Leaving for winter how to leave boiler?
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2018, 09:30:42 AM »

Well 16* today I have circulater pump running and I have 62* water temp,it get a little heat from thermostat valve transfer in basement since I'm running on oil that valve gets warm and transfers a little don't think it's forcing hot water out there but if so that's ok with me,been cold here for a while and never fired up the boiler left it all nice n clean.I wrapped circulater pump n lines inside back of boiler to keep heat in stuffed chimney outlet with fiberglass insulation n sealed off top of stack.So far looks good wrapped thermostat regulated heat tape on return line in back of boiler also come on at 38* if needed.i have fire star Xp wifi to monitor temp for wherever I am if need I have buddy fire it up for me needed if we get a long cold spell.
Pages: 1 [2]