Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 03:05:49 AM 
Started by d5knapp - Last post by d5knapp

You will see that, it loves cold weather and long wide open burns. Cleaner hotter reburns.
[/quote]

thank Eldon! this stove is defonitely kicking ass! very pleased! last night was down to 5į F, tossed in about 6 splits and 6 pieces of green slabwood...lasted me until morning! just about 12hr and had a nice pile to start tje next load with! now it simple!!! lol

on: Today at 02:43:19 AM 
Started by d5knapp - Last post by E Yoder
nice! thats positive to hear! its keeping up good in the cold temps! seems to actually be performing better the colder it geys. i have only had to load about 8 inches above door frame at most so far.

You will see that, it loves cold weather and long wide open burns. Cleaner hotter reburns.

on: December 13, 2017, 08:26:38 PM 
Started by wreckit87 - Last post by RSI
It doesn't sound like the pump is working right.
I would put in a new one and use that one in a boiler main loop that just runs continuous flow.

on: December 13, 2017, 08:08:53 PM 
Started by woodman - Last post by E Yoder
Hmm.. I'll check it out. Thanks.

on: December 13, 2017, 08:06:46 PM 
Started by donniet79 - Last post by E Yoder
The MF5e doesn't require high flow rates and you don't have unusually cool return temps. I think you're very normal and working fine.

on: December 13, 2017, 07:48:21 PM 
Started by wreckit87 - Last post by E Yoder
Yeah so I got there and pulled the pump apart, found nothing out of the ordinary in the impeller, but the check valve had fallen apart and the ball was sideways in the hole. Pulled the check out altogether and bled the pump with the domestic fill and purge port on the discharge side of the pump. Fired it back up and turned it up to 3, with both zones open it was 2-3 GPM and 1 GPM with the single loop for the office open. Good return temps. Everything was performing as normal. What I found out is that he only fills the boiler once a day so it's out every morning and only sending 80 degree water to the house. I tried talking him out of that habit and explaining that he needs to keep that temp up in order for this to work, but it didn't sound like he wanted to listen so I just cranked the mixing valve up to 135 and am going to leave it at that. What I'm a little disappointed in though, if I close the discharge valve right on the flange or both zone valves, the pump won't slow down but a bit. From 43 to 39 watts and just keeps running wide open without noticing the pressure differential and adjusting for it. Kind of defeats the purpose of what I was trying to do with the Alpha altogether
That's interesting on the check valve. A friend of mine had a wood gas explosion and the check valve blew downstream into the piping and wedged. Just enough flow to drive him nuts. So now I yank them and add a separate one elsewhere if needed.
I'm still intrigued with the auto feature, but I'll be sure to get an alpha 2.

on: December 13, 2017, 07:40:45 PM 
Started by d5knapp - Last post by d5knapp
Nice I pick up my new tractor this weekend and I will definitely be keeping that in the barn with some heat on it

on: December 13, 2017, 07:01:44 PM 
Started by d5knapp - Last post by Smokeless
I loaded mine up to the smoke flapper tonight cause I just turned the radiant on in the garage.
In water temp at 90. Circ on low  Thermostat on 45deg  see how it does.
 Single digits tonight And tomorrow. So I put the tractor inside. Massey furgeson with a 152 Ci Perkins diesel. It started today outside at 18deg. With no heat or either. I was amazed.

on: December 13, 2017, 06:51:59 PM 
Started by donniet79 - Last post by donniet79
Did a quick check on the supply and return right at my stove with my house calling for heat and had 176 on supply and 158 on return. I wasnít running the hot water though and my furnace is variable speed so it only runs at 675 cfm. Iíll do another check this weekend with furnace call and running hot water.

on: December 13, 2017, 06:51:09 PM 
Started by woodman - Last post by hondaracer2oo4
Will this work for you Eldon for a flat plate sizer?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10