Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Earth Energy190  (Read 20064 times)

Alan

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Re: Earth Energy190
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2010, 04:26:17 PM »

i use the same size wood in boiler as i did the stove because we cant handle the big wood that could go in the boiler  And i can heat the whole house  with boiler and two water heaters
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 04:30:24 PM by Alan »
Alan  Marydale ky

tulenutn2o

• OWF Brand: HeatSource1
  • OWF Model: Earth Energy 190
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2010, 05:34:06 PM »

Me 2, as time between feeding is alot longer than stove was. Today was teens up to high 20's and windy here. Didn't feed at all from last nights fire until this afternoon at 5, and only because I wanted to get a big chunk of pine goin good before dark. I am not planning on firing indoor stove, except for atmosphere in January or so.

Alan

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2010, 08:10:20 PM »

Alan  Marydale ky

shawbran

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
    • Jayhawk Pex Supply
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2010, 04:32:03 AM »

Tul

How did it perform with the snow storm this weekend and negative temperatures.  Our's did decent seems like the fan was always running!

tulenutn2o

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2010, 08:59:36 AM »

I had a slight hick-up sunday afternoon. I have yet to get my permanent line to supply ac to stove(bathroom remodel and other wiring) Anyway, wife unplugs furnace. I was in shop and immediately sensed a problem. Anyway, last night went out and checked stove, 155 and calling for heat on a 167 set pt. Went to add wood and 2 large pieces in there burning away with a healthy bed of coals. Checked gasifier chamber and doing well. I had the shop heater on 60 so I decided to shut in down to 35 or so( this is trial and error method using a very inacturate line voltage stat for my salamander heater- I still need to finish my solar set-up for this). I surmise that shop heater developed or had an air bubble or two and that 2 logs burning just wasn't putting off enough heat for both heaters to draw from at once. I filled firebox to top of door and waited for gasification to get going good and went in the house. That was at 11:45 pm and -3. -5 this am when went out and checked and all was well. Temp 172 and wood left(2 pieces and plenty of coals). Shop at 35 and house at 67. I like it a bit cooler. Give me a holler Shawbran when you get a minute.

tulenutn2o

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2010, 05:58:50 PM »

Just an update. Stove is performing flawlessly. Figure it's not unlike the little lady. I gots to figure out the wants and needs to keep it happy. And here's the answer.....................................................................GOOD WOOD!!!!!>>>LOL!! Seriously, I had a few issues with fire going out when I tried to burn some crap softwood and wood wasn't neatly stacked in to form a coal bed.( do not have to worry about position of wood with quality, seasoned hardwood. I am loving it even more, now that oil companies feel the need to gouge us even more.

tulenutn2o

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2011, 07:15:36 AM »

Just an update on my furnace. Performing well.No issues.

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2011, 09:30:47 AM »

thats great.  hope it continues to to perform well for you!
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

tulenutn2o

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2011, 12:15:56 PM »

Well, it's been below zero overnight with highs  single digits to teens if lucky, this A.M. was 7, went out to fil stove, temp at 179 on 175 set temp., a couple of small peices left-13 hr burn on probabbly 1/2 load( I don't cram in and only load toward rear of firebox mostly so I get max travel through lower refractory chambers). Wood was all splits for indoor stove, 18" lengths. Anyway, filled probably 1/3 cap.reset so unit would call for burn up to 5 deg dif. and went and got paper. Noticed neighbors standard unit putting off mass amounts of steam vs mine with just a trail. Also noticed his wood pile gets considerably smaller( much faster than mine). My very unscientific observation is this, I use a heck of a lot less wood than he. That really doesn't matter as he has tree service drop him wood too- for free. I went gasifier to lessen my workload-feeding and splitting, etc. This next summer, I plan to tweek system a bit with some extra bypass capability and to clean up install a bit. Overall, I would have to recomend the gasifiers to anyone looking for a new OWB. Whether you build or buy is your preference, but I feel the benefits outweigh the drawbacks. This is my $.02 for what it's really worth.

tulenutn2o

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2011, 08:33:15 PM »

Proofs in the puddin'...Be nice, it's my first u-tube vid....Clean burning Outdoor Furnace

jackel440

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2011, 02:49:38 PM »

Proofs in the puddin'...Be nice, it's my first u-tube vid....Clean burning Outdoor Furnace
Very nice! Gotta love gasification! :thumbup:
I am getting 24 hr burns in my homemade gasifier with the temps in the 20 and lows in the teens.
When it is running you will see what I believe is water vapor leaving the stack.The benefits of these type of stoves are great.they burn clean,use less wood,more efficiant.Glad you like yours :thumbup:
LPK-440 wood gasification furnace
New Holland LS170
24' Titan deckover gooseneck
96' Dodge Ram 2500 V10 4x4
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

tulenutn2o

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2011, 09:55:57 AM »

Jackel,I really enjoyed your build and believe you did it right by combining  ideas from different units. I have found when I load up for a long term burn, turns to charcoal nice and very hot, I just don't have the guts to wait it out to get a total burn time(afraid it may go out in the dark 3am hours) So I have my schedule set to 12-14 hr fill times.Thanks for the compliment. You figure how much you got in yours yet Jackel?

jackel440

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2011, 07:16:16 PM »

Jackel,I really enjoyed your build and believe you did it right by combining  ideas from different units. I have found when I load up for a long term burn, turns to charcoal nice and very hot, I just don't have the guts to wait it out to get a total burn time(afraid it may go out in the dark 3am hours) So I have my schedule set to 12-14 hr fill times.Thanks for the compliment. You figure how much you got in yours yet Jackel?
Thanks for the compliments.I just wanted to build what I thought was best for me.There are alot of good ideas out there.
It's amazing how much heat that charcoal will hold.
Now I was experimenting with mine,and I decided to shovel probably half of a 5 gallon bucket of ash on the ground.It looked like just plain ash,real fine and such.Well I got that pile on the ground and was raking stuff around the burn chamber.My leg started getting warm.Now i placed this ash on frozen ground with some snow covering.The lite breeze made them coals glow fire engine red it seemed.Here is what is crazy.I covered them with snow,and the next day 24 hrs later.I swiped my boot through them ,and they were still glowing red as soon as the air hit them! :o
I couldn't believe that they were still hot!It was amazing.24 hrs covered over with snow in the frigid cold.this was high in the teens and single digit lows.So don't fret over the coals.Many times my fire is out and just a few partial pieces of wood in the firebox when I load.Stove still up to temp.I load it up ,and then when it fires up those hot coal come back to lofe with the fresh oxygen and it lights right off. :thumbup:
New Holland LS170
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

tulenutn2o

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2011, 11:57:26 AM »

Jackel, I noticed the same thing. I have gotten in the habit of cleaning ashes out of lower chamber every 4-5 days and then I load wood, and if ashes I removed are bigger chunks and hot, they go in on top of fresh wood. This next week when in the deep freeze, I am going to start burning some rounds instead of splits. We'll see how that goes.

jackel440

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2011, 08:12:02 PM »

temp is supposed to drop here for us as well.I loaded it full of splits to the top.I have mostly been burning rounds with good success but sure is a pain to load sometimes.Having to throw them all the way to the back of the burn chamber.I want to see how the splits burn during this cold snap.My stuff is all green so not sure if its very scientific or not.
New Holland LS170
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV
Pages: 1 [2] 3