Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: can the G200 handle it???  (Read 5562 times)

Smokeless

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster ss.
  • OWF Model: G-100, 200,400
    • View Profile
    • PCWoodBoilerSystems
Re: can the G200 handle it???
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2017, 07:01:44 PM »

I loaded mine up to the smoke flapper tonight cause I just turned the radiant on in the garage.
In water temp at 90. Circ on low  Thermostat on 45deg  see how it does.
 Single digits tonight And tomorrow. So I put the tractor inside. Massey furgeson with a 152 Ci Perkins diesel. It started today outside at 18deg. With no heat or either. I was amazed.
Signature:
JD 401-c /Honda300atv/CAT 922-B/twofarmallCubs/2135 diesel Massey/8 chain saws/JMSloader/ 2017 Chevy Duramax 2500 HD
HeatMaster/Logstor  dealer for North east area NY VT NH MASS. Sales, installations, troubleshooting of hydronic systems and gasification issues.  Saratoga co, NY

tinfoilhat2020

• OWF Brand: POS
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2017, 07:40:45 PM »

Nice I pick up my new tractor this weekend and I will definitely be keeping that in the barn with some heat on it

E Yoder

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: GS 100
    • View Profile
    • www.heatmasterfurnace.com
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2017, 02:43:19 AM »

nice! thats positive to hear! its keeping up good in the cold temps! seems to actually be performing better the colder it geys. i have only had to load about 8 inches above door frame at most so far.

You will see that, it loves cold weather and long wide open burns. Cleaner hotter reburns.
HeatMaster dealer serving southwest VA.
www.heatmasterfurnace.com

tinfoilhat2020

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2017, 03:05:49 AM »

You will see that, it loves cold weather and long wide open burns. Cleaner hotter reburns.
[/quote]

thank Eldon! this stove is defonitely kicking ass! very pleased! last night was down to 5° F, tossed in about 6 splits and 6 pieces of green slabwood...lasted me until morning! just about 12hr and had a nice pile to start tje next load with! now it simple!!! lol

shepherd boy

• OWF Model: C375
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2017, 04:42:55 AM »

Like the way your sounding now. Know you had a few kinks getting going, but looks like you got her stroking now.  I saw that load of slabs, thought if that stove's right it would eat im like candy, at least if they were dry. but sounds like a few mixed in green still works. Let us know how that tractor works out. Got a JD4600 hydro, been good but it's got 1400 hrs on it now and just keep thinking if it ever starts giving trouble.
  Ever get that trash can lid insulated?  lol
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 04:46:36 AM by shepherd boy »
Let the youngin's have it
 Gettin' old and lazy
 Lookin' for the next good fishing hole

tinfoilhat2020

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2017, 04:54:33 AM »

hahah no insulation on the trash can lid!!! Im excited for the new tractor. got myself and LS XR4145.

The slab load I got is all red oak and all thick meaty stuff for the most part. I have been mixing them in and so far it has been working great! Im going to cut some more up this weekend and go 50/50 slab to split and see how that goes. I got 20+ full cord to use up, so its gonna get em fed whether it likes it or not~!!!! lol

E Yoder

• OWF Model: GS 100
    • View Profile
    • www.heatmasterfurnace.com
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2017, 01:45:49 PM »

If you do forced air or especially radiant (think low temp emitter) a 1" line will easily heat it at that distance. I think a G2 will be fine. A few hours shorter burn time maybe.

If you do radiant in the slab and mix down water temps in the new building you literally could use only 1 or 2 gpm to heat it with a 60-90 degree Delta T on the loop from the stove or house to the new building. At a max output (which you probably won't need) of 30 btu's per sq ft (max or you'd have too hot of surface temps) that pencils out to .9 gpm with 160 degree supply temp, return at 80 out of the floor. Would need to be piped P/S in the building. Or separated with a flat plate.
There'll be some heat loss under the slab but still radiant could really cut your flow rate needed. The cool return water won't matter due to the high flow rates in the boiler already.
Ideas, ideas.... You mentioned 1 1/4" piping I think at one point, but not really needed.
Maybe you can get wreckit to drive down in the slow summer months! ;D
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 04:58:45 PM by E Yoder »
HeatMaster dealer serving southwest VA.
www.heatmasterfurnace.com

Jon_E

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster SS
  • OWF Model: G200 Gasifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2017, 02:07:13 PM »

i have only had to load about 8 inches above door frame at most so far.

Yikes, that's overfeeding for me.  It's rare I fill mine above the doorframe at all, but my demand is pretty low and until recently it's been relatively warm out.
Firewood collector and hot water enthusiast.

tinfoilhat2020

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2017, 03:05:40 PM »

Yikes, that's overfeeding for me.  It's rare I fill mine above the doorframe at all, but my demand is pretty low and until recently it's been relatively warm out.
[/quote]

The last couple nights with the windchill that has been negative 5 to 10 degrees Fahrenheit. Those nights i have had to bring my triangle of wood about 8 inches above doorframe to gey 14hrs. i lpad on 10hr/14hr cycles due to work amd kids...so my lpad for the night is bigger than the load for the day. i have only been up amd running for a week...so im still mrssing with things and getting used to heatlpad needed.
Pages: 1 [2]