Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Water temp.  (Read 15739 times)

fireboss

• OWF Brand: central boiler
  • OWF Model: 6048
    • View Profile
Re: Water temp.
« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2018, 01:11:11 PM »

Sorry Rodger I have been very busy, Yes speed the pump up I have mine on 3 and its 90 % butter ! So yes like Yoder said it’s better to have it going across the EX several times before it goes out. I was going to put my taco 14 in ( that’s a big pump) but I didn’t have time yet . It was 63f  here the other day i was going to do it then but I wound up working all night and the next day. Now it’s was 3 here this morning so I don’t want to mess with it so yes turn that pump up it will make a difference!
Sussex county new jersey                                                                   cb 6048 instald may 2010, heating 3000 sq and 15,000 gal pool,sure track dump trailer,35ton splitter,029,ms200,homlite xl

Roger2561

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2018, 04:23:27 AM »

Sorry Rodger I have been very busy, Yes speed the pump up I have mine on 3 and its 90 % butter ! So yes like Yoder said it’s better to have it going across the EX several times before it goes out. I was going to put my taco 14 in ( that’s a big pump) but I didn’t have time yet . It was 63f  here the other day i was going to do it then but I wound up working all night and the next day. Now it’s was 3 here this morning so I don’t want to mess with it so yes turn that pump up it will make a difference!

I cranked up the Grundfos 26-99 from it's #1 setting to #3.  I checked on it this morning.  The temp outside is -1 without a windchill.  With 2 zones calling for heat, the oil boiler gauge shows a temp of 150 which is a step in the right direction but not there yet.  I wish I knew what it was if all 4 zones were calling at the same time.  I have some changes I want to make but will not wait until I have the money.  Roger
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

E Yoder

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: GS 100
    • View Profile
    • www.heatmasterfurnace.com
« Reply #77 on: January 16, 2018, 02:38:26 AM »

Sounds like the flat plate isn't the pinch point. It's flow, probably on the incoming line from the owb. I'm assuming that pump is OK? Like a broke impeller, etc.
My thought is- The options are larger underground lines, double pumping, or more emitters in the house so you can heat with lower temp water. I usually favor the extra emitter route. A kick space heater, some Pex under the floor, custom taller baseboard covers to draw more air... Lots of options.
Had one like this last year, eventually found there was a bypass between supply and return on the oil boiler that was left open. Also the temp probe on the Owb was reading about 20 degrees low. Fixed both and problems disappeared.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 02:54:07 AM by E Yoder »
HeatMaster dealer serving southwest VA.
www.heatmasterfurnace.com
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]