Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Calling all BL owners - May have stumbled onto increased burn times with f-brick  (Read 10907 times)

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com

I did speak with Brian, he is not sure who you are and asked me to have you give him a call at the office.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

jackh113

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: P&M
  • OWF Model: BL 2840
    • View Profile

Slim,  Brian called me early this morning before I even saw your post.  I guess he figured out who I was as I'm sure there haven't been that many stoves sold this far south.  lol  We had a good conversation for a little over 30 minutes.  Long story short, Rory is no longer with Heat Smart (wasn't aware of that) and didn't make any notes in my files about our conversation.  Despite this, Brian is going to honor the agreement Rory made and ship replacement bricks at no charge.

As I told Brian, I am very happy with my stove.  I took a picture of it last winter with snow on it, no smoke coming out of the stack, and it was at a full burn.  You could see the heat signature coming out of the stack if you looked at the pic closely.  I posted this to Facebook bragging about my new stove.  It is amazing.  My only disappointment was the customer service I received over this issue.  I have to say that Brian is being a man of integrity and standing behind a commitment made by a former employee.  He didn't have to.  This is the kind of customer service I heard about from P&M when I was shopping for stoves and expected after buying.  This is the kind of customer service that wins customer loyalty.  It has not gone unnoticed or unappreciated.

Thank you Brian for being a man of honor.

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com

Awesome I'm glad he found you, he said he thought he might know because of your location.

Joks79

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: BL 28-40 replaced ML-30
    • View Profile

I got a BL-2840 last October to replace My ML-30 that had issues. Not knowing about the upgraded bricks when i picked up the stove I asked Rory if he could help me put the new bricks in my stove. He gave me a ridiculous quote of several hundred dollars. I couldn't justify the cost after just dropping money to upgrade from my ML30 that had the heat exchanger rust out.  I should have giving Brian a call. He was great to work with when I purchased my original stove and my father-in-laws stove when the local stealer wouldn't help me.

I did put the rebar in my stove I think it helps, but with the 1/2" spacing I think it's too much for the fan. I don't seem to get an air out the front air chamber.

Mr. Maple

• OWF Brand: Empyre 450-sold,P&M BL 4044- sold,now Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: MF 20000e
    • View Profile

I have followed this thread for some time.My experience with Rory was bad from the start to say the least.I first contacted him about 3 years ago about becoming a dealer,he was quite gung-ho about the proposition,and emailed me the information,along with how much of an investment I would have to make.While I was contemplating,I found out that my Mom had just been diagnosed with terminal cancer,I explained this to him,to which he complained about wasting his time.
    When I decided to go with a P &M furnace,I called in March,was told Rory would call me back,2 months later no calls. I called again, to which he lied to me saying he had returned the call many times,I have VoIP phone service,so I can look up all numbers called for months. I then contacted local dealer,who after 2 calls told me that Rory had told him to back off,he had started the deal!!
   When I did make the deal,it was on a Friday,dealer told me he would be by with stove on Monday,didn't happen for 3 weeks,Rory said it was my fault as I hadn't made a deposit,yet stove would have been here before check went through the mail
 After the stove arrived,Ihad a Lot of trouble with burn times,ash clean out,etc. Slim and Brian tried to help me out,when I phoned for Brian to try to get the stove working properly ,Rory basically told me that nobody but me had trouble with this stove,maybe I should consider another brand,even though I had heard from others with similar problems.
  To basically sum it up,when a company rep calls you everything but a white man,it sickens you of the company.Sorry for the long rant,but I think P & M is better off without him,and I am much happier with this furnace,and the level of customer support

Bud Man

• View Profile

I'm glad this has been brought back to my attention. I am going to talk with Robert about this. My homemade spacers will work again this season but I think I will have to make a new set before next year. The heat will eventually ruin them. P&M should fix this.
Livin' on a long and lonesome highway east of Omaha.

Joks79

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: BL 28-40 replaced ML-30
    • View Profile

I'm glad this has been brought back to my attention. I am going to talk with Robert about this. My homemade spacers will work again this season but I think I will have to make a new set before next year. The heat will eventually ruin them. P&M should fix this.

I agree!  The least they could do is give them a fair price. The $350ish price Rory gave me was laughable at best.

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com

Guys, I think if you give them a call at the office, they will be fair! Remember anything we purchase today will be improved tomorrow, typically upgrades on any products are offered at a price and not simply handed out, look at your cell phone for instance.

jackh113

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile

Update.... I received my bricks about a week ago. Brian was true to his word. Many thanks Brian. I haven't put them in yet as the stove has been in use for a couple of weeks. I'll probably finish out this season with my home modified brick and put them in come spring.

Slim, I don't see this as an upgrade situation. I would consider it more of a design flaw issue. I've used the example many times, but I would consider this similar to a factory recall/technical service bulletin on a car. Ford let's everyone know they goofed it on something and you take your vehicle in to be fixed at no cost.
Pages: 1 2 [3]