Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: My Stove  (Read 10213 times)

woodman

• OWF Brand: hawken
  • OWF Model: he1000
    • View Profile
Re: My Stove
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2012, 05:30:35 PM »

The wood is seasoned. It is like it seats there just smoking. Now i have had a little boiling over.

It sounds like you are getting air from somewhere.

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2012, 07:01:01 PM »

If it's boiling over and smoking u definitely have an air leak.  It should make only a seldom wisp of smoke only visible to you when standing by the boiler when the fan is off. 

Might be time to tighten up the doors.  It could be a bit of silicone on the flat surface where the ir seal plate sets on the fan. 
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

kybaseball

• OWF Model: MF10000E
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2012, 07:22:38 PM »

So i should tighten everything up? man i just got the thing last thursday and already have to do this i thought it would be a while. so put a bead of silcone around the plate that seats over the fan.

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2012, 08:46:27 PM »

No no no, dont put silicone on it, just make sure there is no silicone on the fan flange where the plate sets, they remove the rivets and use silcione to hold the plate down.  If a bit of silicone squeezed out it could keep the plate from sitting level.

Now as far as the doors go, when your stove arrives the doors have only been opened a time or two, so the gaskets are big and fluffy, after heat cycles and working the door, the seals get tighter and not as fluffy.

I always tell my customers this, you'll have to do a door adjustment within the first week of firing up, but that will be the only one you have to make for a long time in most cases, perhaps a season or two
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

kybaseball

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2012, 07:19:29 AM »

Thanks a lot Scott when I get off work today I will check the fan and adjust all the doors. I juat worried I am doing something wrong cause the stove I went and looked at he wasn't getting very little smoke and mine looked like Thomas the train!!!

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2012, 09:36:40 AM »

Yup you have an issue there somewhere.  I can probably talk you through it.  If not maybe Dave could drop by and look. 

Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

kybaseball

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2012, 03:18:32 PM »

I did adjust the door but I couldn't tell that the stops moved much at all. I also checked the fan and didn't notice anything blocking it from being level but I did see some smoke coming from the bottom of the fan. Is that normal?I

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2012, 05:21:54 PM »

im gonna guess here ( i dont know about your stove model) that smoke coming from the motor is ging to cause you grief in the future, I would think that thereis a small draft (maybe only on certain days pertaining to wind direction even) that is going to cause premature blower failure.. if creosete is allowed to get into your motor winding it will gum them up and cause undo drag on the blower fan and /or shorting of the coil. at least i think this will happen?
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2012, 08:07:53 PM »

Never seen that before...   The door adjustments will move as much as you peck them in.  Your door should require a quick jerk, at least that's how I do it.  As far smoke around the motor, I have not a clue.  Haven't seen that. 

The only problem I know of on these stoves "e models" is the pipe that carries air from the fan to the two ports can rust from creosote inside but I've never seen it get near the fan.  This was something we hadn't seen until this really mild winter in the southern states.  Actually it's just been noticed in the past month, and heatmaster is already making a kit to fix this problem and it will be something that will bolt onto your stove. 

Now as far as your pipe in the back you might want to replace it every season or two as need be if you don't get the upgrade.  The pipe and elbow only costs 7-9 bucks and installs in minutes.

This however has nothing to do with what your saying...  I'd call Dave and have him come by.
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

kybaseball

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2012, 08:45:28 PM »

Thanks a lot for helping Scott. I now have some else to ask on my temp. control panel is shows my heat strips coming on. Can't be having that. I went in the basement a put a turkey fryer temp guage on the pipe coming in and it is reading 160. so was is this happening? Man i am sorry to bug you guys just trying to get this worked out. And the door did get tighter.

mcarter

• OWF Brand: HeatMasterSS
  • OWF Model: MF5000e
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2012, 05:55:49 PM »

Scott,

Any idea if the Heatmaster fix will be of no cost to the owner and secondly, would they reimburse the dealer for installation labor?

Thanks,

Michael

HeatMasterSS MF5000E by Yoder Heating
MS 460 Stihl Magnum
Husqvarna 345
8lb Wood Splitter with 'High Performance' Fiberglass Handle
5 acres

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2012, 06:01:41 PM »

MCarter,
 I have no idea if whatever they come up with will cost the dealer but I can assure you that I'm not going to be charging my customers anything even if I have to absorb some cost.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

mcarter

• OWF Brand: HeatMasterSS
  • OWF Model: MF5000e
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2012, 08:48:41 PM »

I was curious about that, would hate to think you would install those without some reimbursement.

I need to disassemble my pipe and clean it out!

HeatMasterSS MF5000E by Yoder Heating
MS 460 Stihl Magnum
Husqvarna 345
8lb Wood Splitter with 'High Performance' Fiberglass Handle
5 acres

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2012, 05:55:13 AM »

If you keep the top draft closed you shouldn't have any problem with it again this year.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

scissorbill

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2012, 05:27:08 AM »

Hey it's a Heat Master..you are going to have problems. Like I said before they are a poor unit based on my experience and hopefully Yoder can get you fixed up.
Pages: 1 [2] 3