Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Any heatmaster owners  (Read 24643 times)

dls ranger

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Any heatmaster owners
« on: March 17, 2010, 04:03:23 PM »

Any one out there own a heatmaster? Going to look at one this weekend found a dealer 15 miles away

scissorbill

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Re: Any heatmaster owners
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 06:16:35 AM »

I would not buy a heatmaster under any circumstaces ever again. I bought the MF 5000 last October and it was the worst stove you could imagine. The fire went out on 66 different occassions and finally the unit itself caught fire in March... Customer service is HORRIBLE. took the dealer to small claims court and won a judgement and then he filed bankruptcy to keep from paying...nice warranty huh? The company is called Steeltech and are located in Winkler Manitoba and they absolutely SUCK! tHEY WOULD DO NOTHING,ZERO. I now have a woodmaster 4400 and am extremely happy.
STAY AWAY FROM HEATMASTER NO MATTER WHAT!!

*This post was modified by Sloppy.  It is not appropriate to claim any entity stole anything (including intellectual property) from someone else.  Feel free to express your position but let's please keep it about the wood furnaces performance, good or bad.  Thank you.*
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 08:20:51 PM by Sloppy_Snood »

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 09:14:20 PM »

Who did Heat Master steal the designs from? I don't know of another manufacture who had the same design when Heat Master started making furnaces. Just because you had a bad dealer doesn't mean the stoves are bad. I have sold hundreds of furnaces and don't know of a single customer who is unhappy with the furnace. Sounds like the problem may have been a local problem.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

scissorbill

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 10:04:12 AM »

They stole the design from Crown Royal stoves. Like I said the dealer was worthless,the stove was terrible and the home office did not back up the product at all. Very bad experience and like previously stated I would never buy anything related to this company again.

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 07:02:07 PM »

I may be mistaken but I believe that for a number of years Crown Royal bought Heat Master furnaces and and resold them under the Crown Royal name.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

scissorbill

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 10:58:05 AM »

That is not what I have been told. Anyway if you like them fine I just can't stand them and when they beat you out of $6500 and their warranty is worthless it kind of pisses a person off. Like I said I think they and their stoves suck and I am going to make everyone that i can aware of it.

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2010, 05:56:48 PM »

What exactly was the warrenty problem that they would not back up? I have sold hundreds of the furnaces and have never had them turn down a claim.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

scissorbill

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 07:33:13 AM »

The stove they sold me was a lemon from day 1. To make a long story short,my fire went out on 66 different occasions last season,sometimes multiple times in a day. The stove itself caught fire in march rendering it inoperable. I called the dealer and manufacturer dozens and dozens of times and finally they said the stove was fine and they would buy me ONE cord of hardwood!!! I was forced to take the dealer to small claims court and won a judgement for the entire cost of the stove and he promptly filed bankruptcy.What a joke. I lost 6500.00 to this POS outfit and you will never change my mind. In asking around they have a poor reputation with other stove dealers. In short in my opinion they and their stoves suck. Word to the wise: DO NOT BUY A HEATMASTER FROM STEELTECH!!!!.

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2010, 09:09:12 PM »

So I take it you were not burning hardwood? What were you trying to burn?
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

scissorbill

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2010, 07:05:28 AM »

I was burning DRY JACKPINE,which anyone who has any knowledge of these type of units recognizes as probably the best wood around. I burned it for years with my heatmor and am now burning it with my Woodmaster. Absolutely zero problems. You are starting to sound just like the manufacturer.

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2010, 02:49:18 PM »

scissorbill i will not bash any stove manufactureras i have never owned one so i cant say one way or the otherif they are good or not.
it seems you had a bad experience and have the right to comment on how you were treated but i will agreew ith you 100 percent on wood usage. I can say this from my experience with my stove for the last ten heating seasons, i have burnt everything from 2x4 drop offs from the local truss plant to maple, oak, pine, apple ironwood, elm, used rail road ties, even hydro poles, just about every kind of wood grown here in southern ontario.

I can safely say from my experience that it did not matter what kind of wood i ever burnt in my stove, the stove never acted any different except for the amount i needed to put in.

now i t may make a difference with the new gassifiers (i don't know)
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2010, 08:48:48 PM »

I'm just a dealer of Heat Master furnaces. I'm just curious what the problem was with your situation. I burn 80% pine (most of it fairly green) in my MF3000 and very seldom have an issue with it going out. I wish you would have had a better dealer to work with. I imagine it was a fairly simple problem that a good dealer could have solved if they had taken the time to work with you.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

scissorbill

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2010, 09:31:15 AM »

Yoder,
You are right I had a terrible dealer,however the manufacturer sucks as well and could have as I asked replaced the unit and I would have gladly tried again to give them a chance. $6500 is real money to me and if you think I am upset you are right. I am damn mad and want everyone to know how I was treated by this dealer and company. Which brings me to the bankruptcy laws which are also totally ridiculous. Go run up a bunch of debt and then screw over everyone through the court system...unbelieavable

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2010, 10:45:59 AM »

How in the world did ur fire go out once?  Or 66 times?  I don't see how that's even possible if the fan is working.
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

scissorbill

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2010, 10:56:15 AM »

That is the million dollar question. Typical morning: Wake up @5 am to a cool house,cold air blowing from ducts,out to stove,fan blowing,stove full of charred wood,fire out,water temp from 65 to 120 degrees depending on how long the fire was out. Yep 66 times that I wrote down so actually more than that. POS stove. I bought a Woodmaster and am burning the exact same wood..zero problems.
Pages: [1] 2