Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Going to start looking for material.  (Read 8974 times)

jackel440

• View Profile
Re: Going to start looking for material.
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2009, 07:34:33 PM »

I will tell you this stuff will combust on its own.I was scooping up the pile and some of the manure and sawdust had actually combusted and was ash.It never actually burns as it has too much moisture and it is smothered by the fresh stuff on top.If you let it set for a long time it will actually break down to pretty much just soil.

I am actually planning to design my boiler to have combustion air come in from under the ash bed to get it to burn.I don't plan to just burn the manure and sawdust,but try and use it with my wood.The guys who have a pellet making machine says it burns extremely well.I know they are using it in a peelet style stove,but I think I can still get it to burn good.I just need to make sure it is dry.
LPK-440 wood gasification furnace
New Holland LS170
24' Titan deckover gooseneck
96' Dodge Ram 2500 V10 4x4
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

jackel440

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2009, 03:42:25 PM »

Finally got a chance to stop at a place that has some large pipe.The guy i need to talk to wasn't there so i will have to call next week.The pipe was 5/16" thick.Looking at a 30" diameter to make my fire box out of.
New Holland LS170
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2009, 04:37:16 PM »

Finally got a chance to stop at a place that has some large pipe.The guy i need to talk to wasn't there so i will have to call next week.The pipe was 5/16" thick.Looking at a 30" diameter to make my fire box out of.

So Jackel, the project is about to begin..do keep us posted, photos and all.
I look forward to seeing your ideas come to life.
Good luck on your project
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

John D

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2009, 09:15:18 PM »

Very cool,depending on how big a unit you want,Id go with a 36" minimum diameter.A few logs is all you can get in there with my 36" Shaver.I couldnt imagine 30".

jackel440

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2009, 09:27:46 PM »

Well this is just the material i saw in the lot stacked up.I was wanting something along the lines of 36",but I won't be too picky right now.This is at a well drilling company.I see they have some other cut offs laying out back,but the guy who takes care of the pipe was out of town.
Funny thing was there supposedly another guy came in asking about the same thing ,and he lived not too far from me.I don't know who it is,but would be neat to meet this guy and see what he is planning.
I will have to call on monday ,and see what this will run me.I wil then have to see what another friend would charge to roll me some plate in the sizes i need.
There is a company here who makes tanks.I have thought about seeing what they would charge to roll me my plate also.
So we will see how much money i need to come up with. ???
New Holland LS170
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

kzatman

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2009, 07:47:15 AM »

I am building currently building a woodburner myself and I am using two "half" propane tanks.  I am using a half of a 250 gallon tank (30" diameter) and half of a 500 gallon tank (36" diameter).  The 30" is going inside of the 36" and the area between the two is my water jacket.  Water capacity for the entire system is approximately 135 gallons.  If anyone is interested, I have a half of each available. Thanks, Ken
Pages: 1 [2]