Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Efco chainsaws  (Read 4672 times)

jackel440

• View Profile
Efco chainsaws
« on: October 02, 2010, 09:11:21 PM »

Ok does anyone ave one or ran one?
They are in the Baileys catalog ,and now they sell them at Menards.Buddy of mine bought one a couple of weeks ago when his old stihl laid down on him.It's a smaller saw ,but he has a big Huskvarna for the big stuff.
I think they are Italian if I remember right.real nice quality built well.ran real smooth and had enough power.
I was impressed for the price.
I seen they had a bigger saw in menards than my Stihl ,and have considered buying itso I could have a bigger saw.I would love to get a big Stihl ,but it is not in the finances right now.
Well niether is this saw but maybe in a month or two.
Just looking for any opinions.
LPK-440 wood gasification furnace
New Holland LS170
24' Titan deckover gooseneck
96' Dodge Ram 2500 V10 4x4
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
Re: Efco chainsaws
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 07:52:06 AM »

do you mean ECHO?  i've got an echo weedeater and it runs great.  some of my family have had echo weedeaters and saws for years.  seem to be good stuff!
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

jackel440

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 08:07:35 AM »

No,not an Echo.  Efco is what I am asking about.They are Italian saws.I don't know anyone around me who has an Echo brand anything.There is a dealer here but i never see any.I see lots of Stihl stuff though.
I am just looking in to these Efco saws as they seem to be good quality ,and the price is right.Starting to see more dealers in the US now.I am either going to get one in the future or pick up an older Stihl to fill my need for a bigger saw.
New Holland LS170
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 09:04:44 AM »

The best saw made in my opinion is a sachs dolmar, they are cheaper than stihl saws and the best of quality, made in germany, check them out
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

jackel440

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 01:12:00 PM »

I have heard that the Dolmar are real nice.I don't have any dealers around here.Heck I haven't seen one in person here either.I would like to see one.
I just have no desire to buy a Husky saw.Don't know why but I just dont.I figure the ones they sell at the farm store are not the better models so I have passed on them.
New Holland LS170
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

juddspaintballs

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 03:45:00 PM »

I don't know much about Efco, but we run the crap out of Shindaiwa chainsaws.  I have never seen Efco advertised anywhere outside of Bailey's.  I wonder if it's really just another brand rebadged.

The Shindaiwa 488 is our workhorse for cutting up stuff to chip with a 16" bar and a woodsman pro chain (we have 2 of these) and the 757 for most sizable wood cutting, also with a woodsman pro chain on a 2' bar (and we also have two of those saws).  Unless you're doing ridiculously sized wood, one of those saws should meet your needs.  We run a tree company and abuse those saws daily.  Truly professional quality saws.  The only problems we've had with those saws (and any chainsaw we've ever run for extensive periods of time) is the usual stuff like the front handle bar breaking after a while (easily fixed or replaced) and on one of the 757's we had to replace the safety brake handle. 

jackel440

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 05:30:43 PM »

I know the Efco is not rebadged.It is was bought out by another company a while back.I found some history on them on another site.
The one I ran was nice and smooth.Buddy said it just sipped the gas.Which is a good thing.
I guess I don't really need more saw than what I got in my Stihl I have now.I just only have it and no back up saw.I was thinking I could pick this saw up for $400 new from Menards with a 5 yr warranty.
I would then have a bigger saw for the big stuff.Plus a back up for when the inevitable happens.
I would just rather have a new Stihl ,but it's not in the budget for now.
New Holland LS170
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV