Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Forest King 30 ton splitter  (Read 2063 times)

silver star

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: 6048
    • View Profile
Forest King 30 ton splitter
« on: February 11, 2016, 03:01:33 PM »

I pickd up this splitter at Menards last night. It was on sale for 900 bucks.  When i get it operational, i will thow out a review. It should make life easier all around.
Husbands must learn to forget their mistakes. No reason two people should remember them forever.

silver star

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: 6048
    • View Profile
Re: Forest King 30 ton splitter
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 07:15:17 PM »

I spent a lot of the weekend in the woods. This thing handle some ugly wood pretty well. 
It is pretty heavy to take on and of the hitch ball of my UTV.

It is going to give some good service. Its nice to be cutting 25" long segments. That much less cutting, and bigger chunks of wood to toss in the boiler. Getting a good start on next year supply.
Husbands must learn to forget their mistakes. No reason two people should remember them forever.

schoppy

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: G200
    • View Profile
Re: Forest King 30 ton splitter
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 11:08:33 PM »

I saw that at Menards my self and it was only $100 more than their 22 ton model. Good buy.

I picked up a 31 ton unit for $400 from a friend of mine who moved to Arizona. Has a few years on it but is in great shape and purrs like a kitten. He gave me a large plastic coated metal shoe that goes around the splitter when it is in the vertical position which works great for sliding those really big blocks up to the splitter without having to lift them.

Looking forward to getting back out into the woods again since the snowmobiling seems to be done for the year now.
Husqvarna 562XP
Echo CS-361P
Echo CS-310
31 ton splitter