Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Truth about Wood Doctor by president  (Read 49028 times)

Ridgekid

Re: Truth about Wood Doctor by president
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2011, 11:14:16 AM »

I hope you were thinking one thing and typing another! I agree with RSI, don't put oil in the water jacket. If you keep the water jacket properly filled and the water treated I wouldn't think you would have any issues.

As far as oil in the firebox.... CB does recommend after cleaning for the season to apply a light coating of oil.

bankrupt

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2011, 06:50:01 AM »

You maybe correct but I decided to check BBB and their rating has been removed to Not Rated as of March 2011. Due to having a NoN registered business. Interesting that of all the claims were over warranty and the Wood Doctor refuse to fix until handeled by BBB. Then they fixed it. But with a company name now on the warrantys and no longer registered or having BBB everyone in out of luck!

BBB BUSINESS REVIEW

Wood Doctor
Phone: (902) 895-6663Fax: (902) 895-813135 Commercial Street, Suite 101, Truro, NS B2N 3H9Send email to Wood Doctorhttp://www.wooddoctor.com

On a scale of A+ to F BBB Ratings System Overview
BBB Accreditation
On 03/31/2011 the accreditation was suspended due to The matter will be reviewed by BBB's Board of Directors at its next meeting.

http://www.bbb.org/maritime-provinces/business-reviews/heating-contractors/wood-doctor-in-truro-ns-15972/print

Jcl

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2011, 10:34:27 PM »

You maybe correct but I decided to check BBB and their rating has been removed to Not Rated as of March 2011. Due to having a NoN registered business. Interesting that of all the claims were over warranty and the Wood Doctor refuse to fix until handeled by BBB. Then they fixed it. But with a company name now on the warrantys and no longer registered or having BBB everyone in out of luck!

BBB BUSINESS REVIEW

Wood Doctor
Phone: (902) 895-6663Fax: (902) 895-813135 Commercial Street, Suite 101, Truro, NS B2N 3H9Send email to Wood Doctorhttp://www.wooddoctor.com

On a scale of A+ to F BBB Ratings System Overview
BBB Accreditation
On 03/31/2011 the accreditation was suspended due to The matter will be reviewed by BBB's Board of Directors at its next meeting.

http://www.bbb.org/maritime-provinces/business-reviews/heating-contractors/wood-doctor-in-truro-ns-15972/print

Ok 4 complaints.  3 where taken care of owners never recontacted BBB after repairs made.     only one owner was still unhappy after repairs.   How many stoves have they made and only 4 complaints??     If you don't like the company don't buy a wood doctor stove.  i just ordered 2    a HE 5000 and HE8000 
wood doctor He5000
Block buster wood processior
Jd 855 backhoe

bankrupt

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2011, 12:03:58 AM »

Sorry you missed the point. I was only refering to the name Wood Doctor is no longer a registered business name and also the BBB has removed their Rating due to the situation of a closed company !

However is you bought 2 new ones great. Wonder what name is on the warranty ? As the original name is no longer valid as per indication from government registry. 

As for only 4 complaints that's not bad. However industry history shows that when selling through a franchise dealer network only 2% ever make it to the BBB in a foreign country. And that rating was BBB maritimes Nova Scotia only.

I am just saying !  You bought from a non registered company. Much like a flea market purchase !

Not for me !

Arthur Turple

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2011, 01:23:38 AM »

More Truth about Wood Doctor by President.
Lets clear up a few facts.

Most warranties are written to protect the manufacturer.  We are no exception.  Our warranty is not perfect.  It covers electrical parts for 1 year.  It covers 100% of repairs for 5 years.  It has a limited prorated replacement warranty for 30 years.  This is much like a tire or battery.  In 30 years it is still worth 25%.  Still it is possibly the best warranty on the market.   We certainly apeared to have a tough furnace.

Wood Doctor furnaces were manufactured by Silverwinds Hutterite Colony, of Box 159, Sperling, MB R0G 2M0
Wood Doctor is a product owned by Outside Heating Systems Ltd.  The attack that Classaction put in to insinuate that we are going out of business was untrue.  The $50. annual renewal was overlooked as we are in the process of moving corporate headquarters to Virginia.  I thought this would enable us to better serve our customers and dealers.
This did not work out.  November 2011 we crashed.  Silverwinds Hutterite Colony did a Hostile takeover of part of our distribution and stopped supplying us with furnces.  They also stopped honoring their warranty. 
All Wood Doctor furnaces were covered during the first 5 years by Silverwinds.  They are now calling the Wood Doctor a "Polar Furnace".
visit www.wooddoctor.com to see warranty.

As of May 1, 2012 we will be online with a new furnace.  We will continue to honor all warranty after the 5 year promissed by Silverwinds.

Classaction, alias bankrupt, has never owned a Wood Doctor furnace.  John H-r-y is from Nova Scotia, Canada.  We were involved in another business.  I forgive him for the unjustified attacks.  May he find the forgiveness and peace of Jesus Christ as his personal Lord and Savior.

The arborist site is owned by the competition.  The arborist site will not allow me to post a rebuttal to their trash.  It should only take an intelligent person 20 minutes to determine that everyone is trashed but their 2 stoves, that will wash the dishes, clean the house, and even make love to them at night. 

It is amazing how small people will hide and trash others, but are terrified to give out their real identity.  They know if they were to give out fraudulent information using their real names, they would be held accountable.  In no time people would know that they are lying.  They would be disgraced. 
I am not afraid to identify myself. 
I am not perfect.  Sometimes I mess up big time.  Some times I even have an attitude.  Thank God, most of the time I do the right thing.
My cell number is 207-745-0854.  My home is 902-893-3336.   

Some of the things said on the internet were true. 
We were way behind in deliveries all summer 2011, mostly because they were not available.
When we crashed there were some undelivered furnaces.  They will be delivered soon with a better furnace.

THERE IS AN ANSWER TO THIS STEADY FAILURE OF FURNACES IN OUR INDUSTRY.
The answer will be on our website by May1, 2012.
Arthur Turple, pres.
Wood Doctor

Arthur Turple, pres.
Wood Doctor
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 05:46:40 PM by Arthur Turple »

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2011, 05:30:19 PM »

arthur. i don't think the owner of this site will ever censor a rebutal on this forum.

i think it is great that you have shown up here to post some of your information. let me ask a question or two if i may

1st one. you say you sold a few other brands of stoves at one time (i think you said global and pacific western and of course wood doctor?)  so that leads me to my original first question...did you then  build any of these stoves and do you now build any of the stoves you sell?

question 2-  In your warranty, if i were to buy a wood doctor and God forbid (as you seem to be a believer ) a leak should ever occur in the first year or two (i think i read it was full warranty for five years) would you or could you (by wording in your warranty) demand that i ship, at my cost, my stove all the way across a province or two to your office for you to investagate my problem and then if you felt it was not a warranty issue i would have to pay for my stove to be shipped back to my home? and if it was a warrnaty issue would you repair my stove and pay the shipping back to me or am i out the round trip shipping of the unit (this question seems never to get a direct answer at any shows i have been to)

also i would say to you about censorship. i don't think the owner of this site would censor you (or anyone else) if you wish to offer rebutals to posts from another site that you say won't let you, perhaps you should cut and paste them here (as i know many of the members here are also members on that site)  and you could offer your rebutals here. personally i don't have any kind of hidden agenda or niether do i care if you are german or american or candian, or your religous beliefs. i am just interested in getting all the best information about OWB  on this site as it is one of the best that currently  offers a lot of first hand knowledge about these stoves and provides a lot of folks with information they are looking for when they are investigating their decission on how to best heat their home.
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

oldchenowth

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2011, 07:23:54 PM »

Arthur,
I would like to say I appreciate your getting on here and posting.  I do not normally read about other manufacturers from the list provided, just the general stuff and WD, as I own one as of last October.  I would ask that you answer WillieG's question about shipping the whole stove back to the factory for warranty work and who covers what.  I hope to NEVER use your warranty, personally.  But clarification would be nice.  I will say I am happy with my burner this season.  Wish it warm up so I did not have to use it anymore this year, but I am happy with its performance.  If you are ever in Michigan and near me stop in for a coffee.  I'm in your customer list.

From a fellow German Christian
Vielen Dank und Gott segne
(Thank you and God bless)

Rich Ginther

I Googled it, I can't speak a lick of German.

dirtryder

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2011, 06:47:54 AM »

Just a little side note on the BBB........here is just one of several news reports on them......if you PAY they will PLAY....not worth the ratings they give out.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/business-bureau-best-ratings-money-buy/story?id=12123843&page=1

NewToIt

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor
  • OWF Model: XL (14,000 sq. ft.)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2011, 07:50:23 AM »

Hi all.

I sent an email to Arthur last week about this "situation", and he was nice enough to personally respond rather quickly to me.  He told me that same thing that is in his post above.  I was waiting to see if he would come on here to clear things up himself, before I forwarded the info to all of you.

So, Arthur, I'm glad you found the time to say it to this community, so I didn't have to.......  only because it's always better to hear it first-hand.

Mark W.

Not so "NewToIt" anymore..... up and running for 3 yrs. now!!

Arthur Turple

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2011, 12:49:21 PM »

answers by pres of Wood Doctor
The only customers that were ever asked to pay freight back to factory were Global Hydronics later in their warranty.  Initially Global was good at honoring their warranty.  My only complaint had been that they built them out of thin 409 stainless.  It would not stand up.  They corroded fast.  Sometimes in one season.  In the early years Global just provided a new furnace.  Then when the replacement furnace failed they started to get tough.    The last couple of years they have been demanding that customers send them back and they wanted to send them a new welded old reconditioned furnace.  That was not acceptable.
It has been tough to work through.  The time is almost over.
We have never demanded that any customer pay to send back a boiler plate furnace.
We have asked for a customer pay feight one way to receive a brand new furnace.
We have only asked for electrical parts such as blowers, aquastat, or silenoids to be sent back for us to turn in for replacement.
Arthur Turple, pres.
Wood Doctor

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2011, 05:49:15 AM »

I find it interesting you are moving into Va. I live several hours away from Farmville and have never seen one of your furnaces either at a home or on display. Are you moving here because you expect this market to grow or is it already a good market for you?
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

603doug

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2011, 07:45:17 PM »

As I have stated in other posts in the forum my wd10000 performs well heating 2 building for the past 3 and half years. A friend of mine has a wood doctor who also is very pleased with the performance. I have dealt with the staff a couple of times for different things and service has been great. I had to replace a couple of firebricks in mine but we run 24/7 year round so we are in a conventional 7th or more heating season. But that said I know folks who have central boiler, aqua therm and a couple of other makes and all are pleased.
Part that sucks it burns wood_cutting,splitting,hauling,stacking,taxes on land, 20,000 dollars of equipment to process_second thought oil is cheaper ;)

bankrupt

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2011, 03:02:40 AM »

Well I stand corrected. It seems the Wood Doctor came to the table and answered all the questions. I seem to have confused his information with another manufacture Hawken Energy.  And Global. There was a huge blog at www.arboristsite.com and a law suite by a HwakenGlobalYUK person. But was removed by the owner. Hawken is the reseller company and Not a manufacture.

Wood Doctor is a manufacture and looks like moving his manufacturing facilitys to Virginia. Nice to see a company come to us in USA and invest. We need the jobs.

Arthur how many jobs will be developed in this relocation. I see why the company was not registered as its being moved. I see you are the only approved furnace in many states for emmissions also.

Hwp3397

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2011, 03:45:16 PM »

POSTED BY FRANK GAMBARDELLA:   Stumbled into this forum. Wanted to say I trust Arthur Turple and his son John. I have dealt with Pacific Western and Wooddoctor. I have had little problems. Cosmetic.  Arthur Turple told me 6 months ago about new factory in Virginia.  I look forward to it. I used to drive to Baltimore for Dishnetwork satellite products. So it will be  on to Virginia.  Sad we had this recession hit end of 2008. I look forward to New York State approving Wooddoctor  products and going forward.  Arthur Turple is good with his WORD.  You don't have to  doubt him.
Frank Gambardella Oneonta,Milford;New York.6-12-11

HappyCmpr

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2011, 06:54:29 AM »

Arthur appears to be good to his word if he doesn't owe you money.  Won't take calls, won't open emails.   Never gotten a return phone call unless it's to order something from him.  Going the other way, straight line of lies.  Never seen anything like it in my life.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4