Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: E1450 clogged heat exchanger tubes - creosote  (Read 10871 times)

duramax

• OWF Brand: central boiler
  • OWF Model: 1450
    • View Profile
Re: E1450 clogged heat exchanger tubes - creosote
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2018, 08:23:23 AM »

Duramax - You pull it up the tube?  How does that work?  I can't get the chain to climb up the inside of the tube so I can grab it at the top -   :D gravity always wins.  Unless you disconnect the chain, hang it down the inside, connect the tool at the bottom, and pull up?
I replaced those stupid keychain rings they used to attach the chain to the tool with some 3/16" chain links; now I can pull as hard as I want, they're not going to deform, come apart, and leave the tool in the furnace.  Also, now I can pull it down without doing the up-down jiggity jig. It works, though I worry that if I ever get it jammed yanking it that hard, I'll have a devil of a time getting it out, up or down.  Next winter, better wood, I swear. :bash:

B

I actually started from the top this time and pulled down and  it worked. I had to work the tool at the top and let it settle in and go down. Last time I had to send a electrical fish tape down from the top and opened the metal tape so it could pull up.  As you are saying it's the crap wood. White pine seasoned a few months and some oak/ maple also aged a few months.
Central Boiler E 1450 Homemade 13 hp wood splitter, Kubota L 3800 tractor
Pages: 1 2 [3]