Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Get to know me!  (Read 58669 times)

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
Re: Get to know me!
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2015, 04:40:57 PM »

Welcome aboard constable, glad to know you, can't say I met of law enforcement that I could get along with but I ain't going to be the guy who judges by the uniform you wear, instead I will judge by what is in your heart! I am a very politically driven proud American Libertarian.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

Roger2561

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2015, 04:13:58 AM »

Constable - Nice to have another biker among us.  I ride as mush as I can.  Now that weather is showing signs of spring I'll be servicing my bike soon to get her ready before it gets too late and can't ride with nice weather.  Be safe on that thing and be prepared for the unexpected.  Roger
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2015, 05:43:27 AM »

I used to ride a street bike, had several close calls but no accidents, entirely the idiot in the other vehicle not paying attention. In 2013 the wife and I had a little extra money and was thinking about a new Harley, something like a Deluxe as I'm more into the cruisers and never plan on riding it more than an hour from home, the though of riding to Florida or Sturgis South Dakota like my Uncle has doesn't turn me on at all. Driving in a nice car from Indiana to either place also doesn't turn me on.

With every idiot on the road using their cell phone at all times, the thought of sharing the road with them on a bike quickly turned the extra bit of money into a Polaris Ranger Diesel for the farm instead, figure I'm getting much more use out of the Ranger anyways. That and I'm pretty sure if somebody took us out while on a bike and injured my wife because they were playing with their phone instead of paying attention what I would then proceed to do to them would result in jail time for me, so a Ranger made much more sense.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

Shrek1112

• OWF Brand: Hawken Energy
  • OWF Model: HE-2100
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2015, 06:09:27 AM »

Constable sent you a PM, I would be interested in a patch trade if you are.
Mid- Michigan (Spartan Country)
Stihl MS-250
Stihl MS-391
Huskee 35 Ton
Chevy 1500 Crew
13 & 15 year old work force

caper

• OWF Brand: heatmaster 5000
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2015, 06:25:45 AM »

THANKS GUYS, its funny how a simple boiler can bring alot of people together from alot of different places, but with the same things in common, SLIM, no worries , however i do believe in what i do and we do make the world a better place, everybodys so judemental on us coppers, thats at least until you need us,then theirs a different tune, anyhow, nice meeting everyone, gotta go now and feed the chickens and polish my badge...lol
husky 555
Toyota 4x4
grizzly 700
Harley Street Glide
Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
Canada

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2015, 06:36:59 AM »

I'm glad you are proud constable, I feel better knowing you are there, we here have a few who think they are above the law themselves, that attitude does nobody any good

Shrek1112

• OWF Brand: Hawken Energy
  • OWF Model: HE-2100
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2015, 09:19:00 PM »

THANKS GUYS, its funny how a simple boiler can bring alot of people together from alot of different places, but with the same things in common, SLIM, no worries , however i do believe in what i do and we do make the world a better place, everybodys so judemental on us coppers, thats at least until you need us,then theirs a different tune, anyhow, nice meeting everyone, gotta go now and feed the chickens and polish my badge...lol
:post:
Mid- Michigan (Spartan Country)
Stihl MS-250
Stihl MS-391
Huskee 35 Ton
Chevy 1500 Crew
13 & 15 year old work force

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2015, 09:01:18 PM »

I've always respected the police, at least in our area. I'm a member of the American Legion and the VFW and it's not that surprising how many ex military join law enforcement when mustering out.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2015, 02:56:34 AM »

Guys, I'm not saying I don't respect the Police but there are some on the force who don't use common sense, there used to be a time when almost all police vehicles had a sign on the car that read
( To serve and Protect ) I have a friend whose wife was having an MS attack so badly that she was vomiting into a salad bowl while he drove her to the Emergency room of the local hospital 5 miles away, 1/2 mile from the hospital, a local police officer who retired from the State Police stopped him for not wearing his seat belt, this cost my friend a ticket and a delay of 15 minutes, that to me is just plain stupid.
Another time my son at 17 years old broke up with his girlfriend, her brother, a 22 year old thug who thought he was tough drove into my yard threatening to beat up my boy, I had just come out of the shower, still in my boxer shorts and went directly outside to see what the fuss was, I told him that he could go ahead with his plans but would need to take me on first, he drove away and 20 minutes later I had a State Trooper in my yard explaining to me that I should have stayed in the house and called 911. Sorry guys, my property, my son, I'll call 911 right after I protect them both! The point is that some nit wits do get the job and it then goes to their heads.
 Then there is the courts to deal with, another buddy of mine was fixing up a two family rental that he bought cheap over the course of 3 years, he was almost done when a local crackhead broke in and cut all the copper out of the basement and even took the brass valve that shuts off the city water line, approximately $14000 in copper, they caught the guy later, he got a $300 fine, the very next guy in the courtroom was a huge black man from down south who had been bagged by a local Police officer for a log book violation in his tractor trailer, his fine was $750.  True stories folks, wonder why I lose faith in the system?

caper

• OWF Brand: heatmaster 5000
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2015, 06:33:19 AM »

and then there was a heatmaster dealer who sold boilers with rotten steel or at least that's how the story goes, imagine rotten steel, I guess all them stove dealers are no good, well time to go and fill my stove with wood, house is alil chilly,wait a second I have a heatmaster, dam it, tricked again by those buggers, oh well my house is warm enough, maybe it was just that one dealer.......come on guys please lets not turn this into a police bashing forum or im done,,,i deal with enough mutants at work, I was thinking this was a good site with guys with the same qualities, farming, outdoors, and burning wood, some people just need to realize that we are no diff then you, imagine that....rant over..sorry guys
husky 555
Toyota 4x4
grizzly 700
Harley Street Glide
Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
Canada

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2015, 07:13:35 AM »

Seriously constable, are you that thin skinned, I never said all law enforcement are the same in fact I meant what I said about being happy that you are on the job, I personally have had some pretty bad experiences with law enforcement, I drove an over the road truck most of my adult life, we as an industry have been profiled by the public for many years simply because of a few bad apples, most of us would step up to the plate to correct a bad apple, the first step is to admit that they are out there, second step is to do what you personally can to fix the problem, I sincerely wish you the best and ask you to stay safe, in today's age with all the anti Police attitude out there you will need to stay sharp, Please do!

Jwood

• OWF Brand: P&M Ultimizer
  • OWF Model: Bl 28-40
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2015, 09:19:45 PM »

and then there was a heatmaster dealer who sold boilers with rotten steel or at least that's how the story goes, imagine rotten steel, I guess all them stove dealers are no good, well time to go and fill my stove with wood, house is alil chilly,wait a second I have a heatmaster, dam it, tricked again by those buggers, oh well my house is warm enough, maybe it was just that one dealer.......come on guys please lets not turn this into a police bashing forum or im done,,,i deal with enough mutants at work, I was thinking this was a good site with guys with the same qualities, farming, outdoors, and burning wood, some people just need to realize that we are no diff then you, imagine that....rant over..sorry guys

I have no problem with law enforcement I wish there was more in my area actually! That's the trade off to living down 8 miles of dirt road. Keep everyone inline constable!
North Central Minnesota
Stihl MS 270c
Stihl MS 461
Blacked out Fiskars X27
06' Silverado 2500HD Duramax

farmboythegreat

• OWF Brand: freisen
  • OWF Model: 33hd
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2015, 10:57:50 AM »

just like every other breed  , race , colour  of people ,,, there is good ones and some bad ones  ... well except them muslim bomber dudes .. I don't think there is a single one of them are worth a pinch of cooncrap
Muir Ontario Canada

Roscoe

• OWF Brand: Hawken
  • OWF Model: HE2100
  • Southeast Michigan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2015, 11:04:49 PM »

just like every other breed  , race , colour  of people ,,, there is good ones and some bad ones  ... well except them muslim bomber dudes .. I don't think there is a single one of them are worth a pinch of cooncrap

:post:
JD 7775
Kioti DK35
Bobcat S250
All Wood Oak Series
Stihl 036pro, 362c, 064
Husk 385,570
Shindiawa 416
Griffin 14' Dump
Owned: WD14000 / Ridgewood 7500

Smokeless

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster ss.
  • OWF Model: G-100, 200,400
    • View Profile
    • PCWoodBoilerSystems
« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2015, 06:20:48 AM »

Well I have to say sluggo you nailed slimjim lmao. I helped slim and his partner at the fryberg fair up in Maine in sept for three days. And two boiler installs in Vermont.Hope to do more installs with slim and Dan ,every one is different I  learn something new every time I hangout with these guys. . Slim is very good at what he does and will call you back. Most often he answers first time.
       I put in a G-200 in August ran it for two months. It works so well I wanted to become a dealer here in NY. Finally hooked up with slim. And he has been a big help. Thanks slimjim.
      I'm in NY just North of Saratoga. 10 acres. Log cabin. 45 yr old.graduate of Wyoming diesel tech ,been a diesel tech ever sense worked at john Deere for 7 yrs went on my own for 7 years, now I'm at a large school dist working on international diesels and cummins.
 I have been cutting and burning wood sense I was a kid. Last 14 with a wood furnace.
      If anyone is having issues near me I will help you out if we can't solve it on this form first.
First dusting  of snow for the winter. A little lake effect from Lake Ontario. 
Best regards. Smokeless.
Signature:
JD 401-c /Honda300atv/CAT 922-B/twofarmallCubs/2135 diesel Massey/8 chain saws/JMSloader/ 2017 Chevy Duramax 2500 HD
HeatMaster/Logstor  dealer for North east area NY VT NH MASS. Sales, installations, troubleshooting of hydronic systems and gasification issues.  Saratoga co, NY
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5