Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: what happened???  (Read 13444 times)

E Yoder

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: GS 100
    • View Profile
    • www.heatmasterfurnace.com
Re: what happened???
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2018, 05:30:42 PM »

If this site could update to something a little more "modern" looking might help. I'm a believer in something like this where info is stored and searchable later. But it is kinda old in appearance. I think Marty said updating would be quite a challenge.
 But I'm not heading to FB.
Keep posting heat550, I'd like to see the copper underground running.
I kind of disagree...
I check 8 forums multiple times a day and this is my favorite one to check because it's the fastest loading one.  No bandwidth sucking ads, and not a bunch of graphics.
I even like the color!
Good point. I do like the lack of clutter. And there's a lot of good people on here.
HeatMaster dealer serving southwest VA.
www.heatmasterfurnace.com

fireboss

• OWF Brand: central boiler
  • OWF Model: 6048
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2018, 06:49:52 PM »

I am loyal to this site. I have never been on any other one and no plans to 😊 i am not on Facebook either
Sussex county new jersey                                                                   cb 6048 instald may 2010, heating 3000 sq and 15,000 gal pool,sure track dump trailer,35ton splitter,029,ms200,homlite xl

nd guy

• OWF Brand: Heatmor
  • OWF Model: 400css
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2018, 09:56:22 PM »

If this site could update to something a little more "modern" looking might help. I'm a believer in something like this where info is stored and searchable later. But it is kinda old in appearance. I think Marty said updating would be quite a challenge.
 But I'm not heading to FB.
Keep posting heat550, I'd like to see the copper underground running.
I kind of disagree...
I check 8 forums multiple times a day and this is my favorite one to check because it's the fastest loading one.  No bandwidth sucking ads, and not a bunch of graphics.
I even like the color!
Good point. I do like the lack of clutter. And there's a lot of good people on here.
:post: X2!!

CountryBoyJohn

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: MF 10,000 E
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2018, 05:56:30 AM »

I check this forum daily.  I don't comment much anymore.  Most of you guys get to the solution pretty quickly.  There are a couple FB groups I follow.  I'm sure they have taken a lot of the traffic.  If you are missing Slim, don't worry.  He's still out there on the FB groups (that he hasn't been banned from,) complaining about the same things. 
2013 F250 6.2L Lariat
Stihl MS290
DHT 27 Ton Log Splitter
Woodchuck Log Jack
56, 57, 58 Ferguson TO-35
Knox County, IN

Crow

• OWF Brand: Portage & Main
  • OWF Model: BL 28-40
  • Eastern Ontario
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2018, 07:02:09 AM »

I am much the same. On here every day, sometimes multiple times a day to see what's happening. Not a guy to respond to every thread unless I have something to add or help with. Also I watch a couple of the Facebook groups as most of the traffic seems to have gone there, and I used to be on the outdoor wood boilers site that is no longer.

I will say that I have no real information about the disagreement between Slim and Heatmaster. There's always 3 sides to any story, side 1, side 2 and the real truth. I'm not picking sides here, but I do usually pick the underdog.
 Slim not being here is the reason for this site being as quiet as it is. The guy went above and beyond for the members here, responding to any problems you had or a simple question regardless of brand.

But that's how it goes I guess, time changes things. Been on here a while and seen other contributing members leave or stop posting, and though I never got to meet them in person, always considered them as a friend.

Roger2561

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2018, 07:34:01 AM »

One thing I learned as a youngster with many siblings (2 sisters and 6 brothers) is you learn how to ignore the negativity at a young age.  I've read the bashing of one manufacturer over another by some people in this forum but I can ignore it because I value the information they share on this forum (people who know a heck of a lot more than I do) for free.  Do some people go over board? You bet they do, but again I can overlook that, I'm looking at the info they share.  My dad used to tell us kids that if a dog starts to bark, let him/her (I have be inclusive :) ), the barking will eventually die down.  But if you keep yelling at it, it'll bark even more for a longer period time; people are no different. 

Well, I'm at work and the boss expects me to accomplish something today (the audacity!) so I gotta get to work.  Roger     
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2018, 02:46:51 PM »

Slim not being here is the reason for this site being as quiet as it is. The guy went above and beyond for the members here, responding to any problems you had or a simple question regardless of brand.

True that, but attacking other members won’t be tolerated no matter the attacker or the recipient.

Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

E Yoder

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: GS 100
    • View Profile
    • www.heatmasterfurnace.com
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2018, 05:45:11 PM »

One thing I learned as a youngster with many siblings (2 sisters and 6 brothers) is you learn how to ignore the negativity at a young age.  I've read the bashing of one manufacturer over another by some people in this forum but I can ignore it because I value the information they share on this forum (people who know a heck of a lot more than I do) for free.  Do some people go over board? You bet they do, but again I can overlook that, I'm looking at the info they share.  My dad used to tell us kids that if a dog starts to bark, let him/her (I have be inclusive :) ), the barking will eventually die down.  But if you keep yelling at it, it'll bark even more for a longer period time; people are no different. 

Good advice Roger! :)
HeatMaster dealer serving southwest VA.
www.heatmasterfurnace.com

Scratch

• OWF Model: CB6048
    • View Profile
    • Edge Metalworks
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2018, 08:18:37 PM »

I've been a member here for a while, but I must have missed this Slim guy.

Internet drama... :bash:
Hudson, WI

KevinSantelik

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Ridgewood
  • OWF Model: 6000
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2018, 06:10:35 AM »

I check in daily, and the great thing about this site compared to other forums is the lack of clutter, BS is not tolerated, and if us members don't have something to contribute, then they don't comment.

That is a huge peeve of mine when I'm researching something, and get useless responses, which I equate to the IT guy asking if your computer is plugged in. 
Lowell, Indiana
Ridgewood 6000

Stihl 362
Jonsered 2245

Roger2561

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2018, 06:24:06 AM »

I check in daily, and the great thing about this site compared to other forums is the lack of clutter, BS is not tolerated, and if us members don't have something to contribute, then they don't comment.

That is a huge peeve of mine when I'm researching something, and get useless responses, which I equate to the IT guy asking if your computer is plugged in.

As someone who works with a bunch of people with Phd's, you'd be surprised to learn that the problems most of them experience in their offices or in the classroom is that the device they are trying to use is not plugged in.  Technicians are taught to look for the problem from the outside in, the engineer immediately goes to the internal parts looking for a problem when all they had to do was plug it in.  :)  Roger   
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
New Hampshire

MD20/20

• OWF Brand: Nature's Comfort
  • OWF Model: 325G
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2018, 08:06:49 AM »

While not a PhD, I once had a technician flown in from Vienna,Austria to what was then Czechoslovakia only to be shown the machine needed to be plugged in...very embarrassing!

Central MD

Roger2561

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2018, 09:23:04 AM »

But, I also keep in the back of my mind that one of the very first courses that's taught is called Engineering Sciences 1 (ES01).  It essentially teaches the students what screwdrivers, wrenches, wire cutters, etc... are.  The students who come from rural America have no trouble with the class, but those from the city or from families of privilege, all I can say is WOW!  The vast majority of the students are incredibly book smart but have no real world experiences.  I was taught at a very young age the different screwdrivers, wrenches, etc... and their proper application.  Roger 
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
New Hampshire

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2018, 11:17:25 AM »

But, I also keep in the back of my mind that one of the very first courses that's taught is called Engineering Sciences 1 (ES01).  It essentially teaches the students what screwdrivers, wrenches, wire cutters, etc... are.  The students who come from rural America have no trouble with the class, but those from the city or from families of privilege, all I can say is WOW!  The vast majority of the students are incredibly book smart but have no real world experiences.  I was taught at a very young age the different screwdrivers, wrenches, etc... and their proper application.  Roger

I have an uncle that grew up on the farm, then went and got what little common sense he had educated right out of him at college. He worked at Ford as an engineer for ten years or better, then went to work at an Aerospace firm, maybe Bell Helicopter? Then went to Sikorsky for awhile, if his left nut and life depends on it, he couldn’t change a flat tire.

What make and model was that engine that some incredibly stupid engineer decided that under the intake manifold was a good place for the starter?
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

wreckit87

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: C375
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2018, 01:44:59 PM »

I have an uncle that grew up on the farm, then went and got what little common sense he had educated right out of him at college. He worked at Ford as an engineer for ten years or better, then went to work at an Aerospace firm, maybe Bell Helicopter? Then went to Sikorsky for awhile, if his left nut and life depends on it, he couldn’t change a flat tire.

What make and model was that engine that some incredibly stupid engineer decided that under the intake manifold was a good place for the starter?

I have a distant cousin that way too. Grew up on the farm, went off to fancy college for a few years and came back home while deciding what to do with himself. Went out one morning to see he had a flat tire so the old man told him to fill it up because he was busy in the barn. 20 minutes later he wanders back in the barn complaining that his car is bouncing all over hell. So the old man jumps in and immediately notices the right front (which was the flat one) is hopping like mad. Pulls in the shop and grabs a gauge, Ryan had 100lbs of air in it lol. Just kept filling til the compressor stopped, had no idea.

Also the Olds Aurora had the starter under the intake with their 4.0L V8
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4