Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: what is the best temp to set your stove at what about dif temp  (Read 3598 times)

horse62049

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
what is the best temp to set your stove at what about dif temp
« on: October 11, 2010, 08:53:17 PM »

I got mine set blower kick on 157 off at 165 8 deg dif I replaced my old thermostat with a ranco 111000 love it the temp is right on. works great its a must. big difference in controlling temps. is this a good setting. thanks for any info

fletcher0780

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Re: what is the best temp to set your stove at what about dif temp
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 05:16:47 AM »

depends on your type of heating and the outdoor temp. Whe it's mild out I do 135 on 140 off and work up to 165 on 170 off when it stays below 25 or 30 during the day. I have radiant floor heat.

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
Re: what is the best temp to set your stove at what about dif temp
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 08:32:07 AM »

there is no right answer.  you can burn dryer wood at lower temperatuers than you could wet wood without running the risk of your fire dying out.  You just have to play with it, your heating demand, wood type, installation, stove quality, and more will play into this answer. 

My NCB 175 is currently on at 145 and off at 150.  Its working great.  I have no fancy digital thermostats or anything like that, I  kept it simple and use a honeywell dial style, it is within 1 degree..  I can't ask for more than that.
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697