Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Shaver OWB's  (Read 11818 times)

woodburn

• View Profile
Re: Shaver OWB's
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2008, 09:04:17 PM »

Thanks Yoda for the imput. I have hot water heat and my circulation pump on the house side runs 24/7 and the pump outside does too.  I read some other posts on this site and see a link to some boiler cleaner and treatments.  I think i need to clean and treat my system as I never did since hook up last jan when I got the unit.  I didnt seem to have any issues last season and Im thinking the buildup on the boiler is insulating the water from the fire and causing the decreased temp.  I also thought I might line the inside fire box nest season with fire brick and put in some plates to deflect the fire to delay the exit out the flue.  Its frustrating knowing Jan is just around the corner and still having a cold house.
stihl 29/ 390 / and lookin at a ms650  burn that wood!!!

yoda

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2008, 07:32:59 AM »

If I remember correctly, if you remove your cover for your pottale hot water coil on the stove you should be able to see most of the outside (water side) of the firebox. just a thought.
Northern MN

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2008, 05:49:57 PM »

does your draft ever close or your forced blower ever shut off, if so it sounds like a bad aquastat
if you never had problems last year i doubt that you would have enough build up not to get to the set temp

why not stand beside your stove for 10 min with the door open a bit to give it lots of air..see if the water heats up to your desired temp, i bet it does. if it does then youknow it will heat up..now look for a blocked draft or failed solenoid or what ever allows air into your stove and if that is not the problem than like i stated earlier, a bad aquastat ..these stoves are normally pretty simple things to trouble shoot..good luck
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

fletcher0780

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2008, 06:01:37 PM »

your chimney may be partially blocked also. Is it burning hard if you open the door real quick, or does it slowly burn better and better when the door is open?

horse62049

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2010, 07:20:27 PM »

replace your aquostat my stove did that to me last year when i went to fire it up could not get temp up no matter how i would adjust it replaced aguostat finally after hours of messing with it. worked fine not taking anymore chances replacing this year with ranco 111000 good luck
Pages: 1 [2]