Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Which model do you have?  (Read 5897 times)

Jason

• View Profile
Which model do you have?
« on: January 23, 2009, 08:54:14 AM »

For those people with Hardy heaters, which model do you have?  Do you have grates or not?  What is your overall satisfaction level with your furnace?

As for me, I have an H5 with grates, I burn a little coal but not much, and I like mine a lot. 

-Jason
Pittsburgh PA
Jason-Pittsburgh, PA

Hank

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Re: Which model do you have?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 09:45:43 AM »

I have the H2 model. I do not have the shaker grate, but I still burn coal. I really like mine

NC4AB

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
    • Brinkley Electronics
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 05:09:19 PM »

I have a 1987 model that is identical to the H2 that I bought used last year with regular grates. 

So far no need to burn coal, I have plenty of standing dead pines to keep it running for a few years.

Very pleased with the unit, I modified the fan / damper to a 2 stage system to reduce the wood usage.  Neither the hot water heater or the heat pump have come on since early October.

Andy
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 05:11:41 PM by NC4AB »
Andy
--------------------------------------------
Hardy H2 (1987)
Stihl 011
Stihl 028
Stihl 039

Alan

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 04:26:17 PM »

I have the H2 model. I do not have the shaker grate, but I still burn coal. I really like mine
                                                                                                                                                                                                                            if you buy a new would you get shaker  grate  or take cheaper one  with grate
Alan  Marydale ky

Hank

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 02:49:18 PM »

I would still do it the cheaper way. I just had to replace one of my grates in my H2 because it broke. I put the original grate (non-shaker) back in it. I am satisfied with the way it works, without the shaker...