Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Cleaning  (Read 1904 times)

5050racing

• OWF Brand: CB-1450
    • View Profile
Cleaning
« on: October 31, 2014, 03:43:46 AM »

After cleaning and prepping last spring after shutting down for summer,the only thing I didn't do because I couldn't loosen the rubber boots that hold on the air inlets from the solenoids elbows! So just doing a little go over before I start up maybe in a week.I wasn't sure how to remove didn't want to break and forgot till now to do it!WOW it was a 1/3 full The lower one for 3 stage was pretty much clean,THIS IS A MUST TO CLEAN,I scraped it then put a hose smaller on shop vac to clean on both sides from the corner at the back of firebox n thru the port hole.Just thought I would share.

Roger2561

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaning
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 05:37:31 AM »

5050racing - The first time I removed the elbow on my E-classic 1400, it didn't want to budge.  After a bit of friendly persuasion it came off.  I had to put a flat bladed screwdriver between the rubber coupler and metal to break the seal.  I too was amazed at how much stuff gathers in that tube.  I make it part of my monthly routine now.  Some months it needs cleaning other months I simply have to put back.  I have never had to clean the secondary air tube.  It's always been clean other than dust particles.  Roger
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

5050racing

• OWF Brand: CB-1450
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaning
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 06:40:40 AM »

I will make it the monthly thing on the list if not sooner to just be sure it so simple to do the first time to remove was tight most likely the paint acts like glue.