Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Happy day  (Read 2425 times)

fireboss

• OWF Brand: central boiler
  • OWF Model: 6048
    • View Profile
Happy day
« on: October 19, 2016, 06:35:59 PM »

For the first time my 12yr old only son showed any interest in helping with the wood ! He wanted to learn how to drive the Bob cat so the last two evenings we had Bob cat training .he was waiting tonight for me to get home so he could have another go at it. What a happy day!
Sussex county new jersey                                                                   cb 6048 instald may 2010, heating 3000 sq and 15,000 gal pool,sure track dump trailer,35ton splitter,029,ms200,homlite xl

timbur

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Crown Royal
  • OWF Model: RS7400MP
    • View Profile
Re: Happy day
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 07:12:42 PM »

fireboss , I'm happy for you !
  My 12 yr old has been on my heels since he was 2 yr old , I invested a lot of time answering ?'s and explaining things over the yrs , but it's payed off well , the hired help always asks him to run the equipment for them , he can run any pc of equipment as good as I can , he's just started running the saw this fall  .  Am I bragging , yep !
Dealer for OWB's &  specialize in radiant floor heat

fireboss

• OWF Brand: central boiler
  • OWF Model: 6048
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 07:30:28 PM »

I never thought this day would come, every time I would ask him he would say no or I busy!
Sussex county new jersey                                                                   cb 6048 instald may 2010, heating 3000 sq and 15,000 gal pool,sure track dump trailer,35ton splitter,029,ms200,homlite xl

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 07:43:43 PM »

I never thought this day would come, every time I would ask him he would say no or I busy!

Asked?

We never had that option, we cut wood once a week, Sunday afternoons, period.

Cutting wood was a break from all the other chores on a dairy farm, got told to do those as well, was never asked.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

coolidge

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 03:50:31 AM »

That's awesome, my little helper is almost 4, but he will be an outdoor boy. Already on my heels and plenty of questions. He will play in the woods all day, knows how to run the boiler( need to lift him up) and can tell you what a lot of tools are.
Western Maine

Roger2561

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 04:19:54 AM »

Asked?

We never had that option, we cut wood once a week, Sunday afternoons, period.

Cutting wood was a break from all the other chores on a dairy farm, got told to do those as well, was never asked.

mlappen - That's how I was raised too; we were TOLD what to do.  And, you did it without muttering a single word against do it.  The only difference is that we did not work on Sundays, that was a day for church.  Plus, mom and dad knew we needed a day for play or do nothing at all.  The only work we did on Sundays was taking care of the animals morning and night.  Roger   
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire