Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: ThermoPex  (Read 10804 times)

stick2157

• View Profile
ThermoPex
« on: February 18, 2010, 06:35:12 PM »

What do you all think about ThermoPex. There is different brands and different versions and the cost are all over the place. I am just wondering if it is worth the $11 per foot that you can pay for it versus putting you own together. Thanks.

603doug

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Re: ThermoPex
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 07:32:41 PM »

I used the quad wrap pipe and I am very happy. One run is 90' and I have no heat loss and a 250' run and works great. Cost is about half of the thermopex. I drilled a well for a dealer so we traded and he uses it all the time and never has had a problem but part of that reason is installation(bedded well so you have no punctures to allow water next to the pipes)

PhinPhan

• OWF Brand: WoodMaster
  • OWF Model: 4400
    • View Profile
    • Outdoor Wood Furnace Info
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 07:24:05 AM »

For my install I ran the timesaver pex pipe and I put that in a 6" corrugated pipe (solid) for added insurance and it has been just fine.  I never have any snow melt or anything where my lines are.

http://www.pinnaclesupply.com/tsp_sl_benefits.html  - link to what the timesaver looks like.
Pomeroy, OH
WoodMaster 4400

Scratch

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: CB6048
    • View Profile
    • Edge Metalworks
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 01:33:53 PM »

For my install I ran the timesaver pex pipe and I put that in a 6" corrugated pipe (solid) for added insurance and it has been just fine.  I never have any snow melt or anything where my lines are.

http://www.pinnaclesupply.com/tsp_sl_benefits.html  - link to what the timesaver looks like.

I ran Thermopex and was happy with it, and I don't have any input on other stuff... but PhinPhan, how much does that timesaver stuff run a foot...?

I need to run a new line out to my pole barn this summer.
Hudson, WI

Smokey

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 04:21:45 PM »

I have to say, I bought some stuff off of ebay, "Firemax Heat Lock". $550 for 100' shipped to my door. I was a little leary, and I should have been.  :bash: The stuff is junk. I have a bare trail from my burner to the house. -5F and there is water sitting on the ground above it.  JUNK!  I will be constructing my own and redoing it all this summer. Lessons learned.

HarrisCustomHeating

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 07:39:59 PM »

We use Ecoflex from Uponor it is the best and easiest product we ever found.  It has five water barriers, so even if the old side casing is damaged on install, ground water will never reach the heat lines.  Ecoflex 1st choice, Urecon 2nd(short runs less then 25') or Dual PEX-Flex 3rd (good but very hard to work with 10 times longer the Ecoflex to put in).  With a small excavator you should be able to dig 100', place line, and back fill in a hour most of the time.

James

www.harriscustomheating.com