Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Heating  (Read 9339 times)

R W Ohio

• View Profile
Re: Heating
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2009, 02:13:56 PM »

With the door open and the fan running do you feel air coming out of the discharge area of the door going into the stove?
R W Ohio
Canal Fulton,Oh.
Hawken Energy GH1000 Installed 8/10/06

anightd

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2009, 06:17:29 PM »

Once again problem solved.

During the time that my damper was not opening, creosote built up in the chamber leading to the stack to such an extent that it was blocking the air flow. It was a wet gooey mess and was not much fun to clean out, but when finished the unit heated quickly, is doing just fine once again. Hopefully we are all set for the winter now.

Dave

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2009, 06:59:45 PM »

Once again problem solved.

During the time that my damper was not opening, creosote built up in the chamber leading to the stack to such an extent that it was blocking the air flow. It was a wet gooey mess and was not much fun to clean out, but when finished the unit heated quickly, is doing just fine once again. Hopefully we are all set for the winter now.

Dave

As i said in my very first post dave "it takes a year or two to figure these brutes out"
glad you got your problem solved with a lilttle digging into how your brute works. you will likley find now that these things are just like your car..as you use it you will "get the feel for it"  learn to reconize a "noise that wasn't there yesterday" or what  the furnace is doing by the smoke it makes (or doesn't) and things like that

Happy "burnin and learnin" and enjoy your new toy
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

anightd

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2009, 12:55:53 PM »

I have resolved my issue. During the days when my damper was not opening, the upper chamber leading to the stack had plugged with wet creosote. It was a nasty job to manually clean that out, but now my until works great and I am very happy with it.

Dave
Pages: 1 [2]