Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: New MF 10000e installed and Burning!  (Read 4055 times)

justinb

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: 10000e
    • View Profile
New MF 10000e installed and Burning!
« on: October 06, 2014, 08:48:46 AM »

Started the fire up this weekend on my unit for the first time. I could not have done this without this site!!!  I have a few questions about this unit that I couldn't find answers to in the owners manual.  I had an unfortunate falling out with my rep during the purchase of the boiler last winter. 

-Is the access door above the main fire box door simply for cleaning cresosote?
-What is the reason for the fan control lever on the rear of the unit?  Is this to shut down the fan when loading with wood?
-I need to add a chimney extension.  Can I buy this from local hardware store, or do I need a special extension from Heatmaster delaer?
-It would be great if a Heatmaster dealer would contact me, as I need a new rep for future purchases, etc.  I live in Illinois

Thanks
Justin
Stihl 251
Stihl 461

AirForcePOL

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G400
    • View Profile
Re: New MF 10000e installed and Burning!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 09:08:57 AM »

I just fired my 5000e up this weekend too.  I'll try to answer your questions as best as I can as I am new to this stove as well. 

-I'm assuming that the door above the firebox door is just for cleaning purposes as I'm sure it gets fairly dirty in the exhaust bypass. 
-The lever on the back for the blower controls how much combustion air is allowed into the firebox when the blower kicks on.  I think I have mine set around 60% but I'm going to play with it a little when it gets colder to get it dialed in where I want it. 
-In the back of the manual it has the brand of stainless pipe that heatmaster uses.  You might be able to find that exact type of pipe at a local hardware store but I'm not sure. 
-Where do you live in Illinois and what dealer did you go through?  I know there are a few dealers around.  I bought my stove through Scott on this site. 
Athens, Illinois
Dealer for HeatMaster SS
Stihl MS 290
Troy Bilt 27 ton splitter

CountryBoyJohn

• OWF Model: MF 10,000 E
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 12:57:26 PM »

Mr. Justinb, Mr. AirforcePOL answered well, I'm just answering as well with a little more info!

-You'll get powder up there, not creasote.  If you get creasote up there, you're burning some GREEN wood.  I clean my upper by-pass about once a month. 
-I keep my damper at 100% all the time.  I know of 2 other 10,000E owners that keep at 100% as well.  It may be a different dynamic with a 5,000.
-I was going to get mine from Scott.
-Scott is a HM dealer and helps a lot of guys out on this site.

You're going to love your HM!  Get a good coal bed going.  Lots of small pieces of wood at first.  Send in your water sample.   I had to put in the full 2 gallons they sent me with my 10,000.  Let me know if you have any other "procedure" questions with your 10k.  It's a BEAST!!!

Happy Burning!!
2013 F250 6.2L Lariat
Stihl MS290
DHT 27 Ton Log Splitter
Woodchuck Log Jack
56, 57, 58 Ferguson TO-35
Knox County, IN

justinb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 01:54:10 PM »

Thanks guys!!  My next question would be...why wouldn't you want your fan running wide open?  Isn't it better for your boiler to burn hot?  Do you shut this off when loading wood?  I'm on day 2 of burning wood so I have a lot to learn.
Stihl 251
Stihl 461

AirForcePOL

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G400
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 02:09:31 PM »

the only reason I can see to not run it on 100% is that you will push a lot of the heat out of the chimney before the stove can capture it.   That's why I haven't opened mine up all the way yet.

I like to load mine when I catch it with the blower on that way you don't get a face full of smoke when you open up the door.  This is just habbit from when I had my Hardy, but I open the ash door up before I open the firebox door to let most of the smoke exit the chimney before I open firebox door. 

Where in Illinois do you live?     
Athens, Illinois
Dealer for HeatMaster SS
Stihl MS 290
Troy Bilt 27 ton splitter

justinb

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 03:04:41 PM »

I live in Byron.  I went through a dealer in Wisconsin, and honestly can't remember his name.  I'll have to contact Scott
Stihl 251
Stihl 461

treeeman00

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Model: MF5000E
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 07:04:36 PM »

I would definitely recommend buying from scott.  His customer service is, well you cant beat it!  Anytime you have a question he helps his best to help you out.  I didn't like my local dealer so I went 2 hrs to deal with scott.

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2014, 10:47:13 AM »

-I would recommended Scott as well.
 -Top bypass door is for cleaning only.
 -All e models should run the fan at 100%. Standard models may find some benefit at reducing the damper slightly especially on the smaller models. 
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

userdk

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster SS
  • OWF Model: G 400
    • View Profile
    • Outdoor Wood Furnaces - Pineview Woodstoves
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2014, 10:50:42 AM »

As to whether you can get the pipe at a hardware store, you can try, but chances are they won't have it. It should be available through any Heatmaster dealer. Give 'em a call and they'll probably ship it if you're a long way off.

Lineman

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Model: MF5000
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2014, 04:22:13 PM »

I added 4' to my MF 5000 Selkirk  pipe ordered from Amazon $135 with shipping got it three days