Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Wood Doctor Issues  (Read 2910 times)

kimandjosh2

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Wood Doctor Issues
« on: November 24, 2011, 09:01:19 AM »

Let me add to this conversation.  I have been a wood doctor dealer for several years...not any more.  Arthur took my money and kept telling me my delivery was coming.  Not only that but a few months ago he sold a furnace in my area at my cost.  When I got a call from this person because he wanted to see if I could beat the price, I told him that is what I paid for them.  Later he wanted me to help him because he was having problems with the furnace, and as a good person, I felt bad and helped him.  How can I compete as a dealer when Wood Doctor is selling furnaces in my area at cost, and I have to clean up their mess.  I cannot get a hold of him or Rick in over a month after they told me they could not get me a furnace and would return my money.  Have not seen a penny yet and I call daily.  Truthfully, with the new technologies out there with some of the other companies, wood doctor is behind.  If you look at the Federal EPA website, wood doctor is one of the least efficient.  They also currently have a F from the Better Business Bureau.  I would not advise anyone to buy furnaces from them.

I actually had to pull money out of my retirement to pay the customer his money back because I was paid for the furnace.  I am just a tiny dealer and do it on the side.  I would advise everyone that is having a problem to contact the Attorney Generals Office.

I don't know what is going on with them, they used to be a good company and were always helpful.  No more; and no longer will I be a dealer.  I cannot in good faith support a company like this.

Bull

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: Rebuilt H2
    • View Profile
Re: Wood Doctor Issues
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 06:43:27 PM »

So sorry that it cost you your money but I am glad to see you stepped up to the plate for your costumer.
Southern Indiana
Just outside of the "Small Town"

Jcl

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 03:51:15 PM »

my NH Attorney General couldnt help me because i was in new hampshire and they were in canada I did get almost everything solved.    they still owe me $700 but its better then the $21.000 grand it started out as. I was told to contact  fbi because its a canada company but didnt have to get that far.  MY DEALER DID NOTHING FOR ME.  just gave me phone #s to call your much better person then she is! :thumbup:

i was really looking forward to get my boiler when i orderd it in june after a long stressed out summer and fall it ready took the fun out of owning it.  as of right it works wonderful my house has never been this warm with my old wood stove   
wood doctor He5000
Block buster wood processior
Jd 855 backhoe

kimandjosh2

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 09:26:46 PM »

So how did you get most of your money back?  They have not returned calls to me in months.  I cannot believe the dealer would not help you...I am not that type of person.

Jcl

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 09:15:20 AM »

Pm sent
wood doctor He5000
Block buster wood processior
Jd 855 backhoe