Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 03:23:59 AM 
Started by Roger2561 - Last post by Roger2561
Like an EGR kinda? Glad you got in there. Was it making any noise up there that is now quiet or didn't you notice anything?

Dealership called this morning and said they got my fuel pump in and ready to go; get this though- Polaris is paying for the part! I got $140 labor in it but certainly could've been much worse paying for it all

Yeah, I'm thinking along the same lines; like the EGR valve.  I noticed one day coming home from work that it was making all kinds of noise.  I didn't know where it was coming from so I ask one of my co-workers who used to turn wrenches for a living, listen and he immediately went to the air switching valve and you "feel" the noise coming the part.  It only made noise when you were in the throttle which quite a bit in these hills of NH.

Last evening I finished checking the valve clearance and on cylinder #2 I had to change 1 of the exhaust shims, it was closed, couldn't put a 0.2mm feeler gauge through it no matter how I tried.  I had to put in 2 sizes smaller to get it to the 0.2mm gap.   

That's good on Polaris to pay for the part.  We had a local Victory dealer who went out of business a couple of years and he said they simply could not compete with the likes of the rice burners and Harley Davidson.  Roger

on: July 18, 2018, 04:04:04 PM 
Started by Roger2561 - Last post by mlappin

Dealership called this morning and said they got my fuel pump in and ready to go; get this though- Polaris is paying for the part! I got $140 labor in it but certainly could've been much worse paying for it all

Iíve been real happy with my Ranger. Oil gets changed at a minimum of twice a year, sometimes three times so get 200-300 hours a year on it. The little Yanmar diesel in it always starts to matter how cold it may get and still goes a 100 hours without needing any additional oil.

One winter had a weird noise coming from the belt drive once in awhile, figured it was ice, kept it up once in awhile once it warmed up so took it to the dealer as it was under warranty yet. Turns out something wasnít right about the clutch/sheave alignment right from the factory so they replaced the entire assembly, installed a new belt and extended the warranty for another year. They also replaced the brake switch as sometimes you really had to pump it before the starter would engage.

on: July 18, 2018, 03:23:08 PM 
Started by Roger2561 - Last post by wreckit87
Like an EGR kinda? Glad you got in there. Was it making any noise up there that is now quiet or didn't you notice anything?

on: July 18, 2018, 07:54:28 AM 
Started by E Yoder - Last post by Scratch
How do you work on firewood in this weather? I usually quit in the spring once it gets hot out and start up again in the fall.
I do it days that aren't so hot.  I call it exercise.

on: July 17, 2018, 10:22:35 PM 
Started by E Yoder - Last post by RSI
How do you work on firewood in this weather? I usually quit in the spring once it gets hot out and start up again in the fall.

on: July 17, 2018, 09:43:13 PM 
Started by E Yoder - Last post by Scratch
Here's my pile so far.  This is the back of my 24'X24' wood shed.  The stove is in the front.  The left side is full, the right side is almost half full.  I should be able to fill the rest of it in another month or so.

on: July 17, 2018, 06:19:34 PM 
Started by Roger2561 - Last post by Roger2561
Air switching valve?

Marty - From what I can gather, it takes the unburned fuel and redirects it to the intake to be burned, essentially it's part of the emissions system.

On cylinder #1 I had to replace 2 of the 4 shims; 1 ea for the intake and exhaust to bring them back to spec.  I haven't had time to get to cylinder #2, maybe end of the week or sometime next week.  I'm also going to flush the coolant, change the spark plugs and air filter.  All of them are original when I purchased the bike in '07 so what the heck.   Roger   

on: July 17, 2018, 11:09:08 AM 
Started by CountryBoyJohn - Last post by mlappin
I'll keep an eye for the video.
The G200 is about as heavy as the MF10e.
Be safe! :)

Yah, around a ton for a G200. My Bobcat 864 with a set of pallet forks handles 200ís with ease, not brave enough to try a G400 with it, move that with the backhoe or yard lift.

on: July 17, 2018, 10:14:16 AM 
Started by CountryBoyJohn - Last post by E Yoder
I'll keep an eye for the video.
The G200 is about as heavy as the MF10e.
Be safe! :)

on: July 17, 2018, 07:26:29 AM 
Started by CountryBoyJohn - Last post by CountryBoyJohn
Got the 10k moved out.  It was a lot heavier than I remembered.  I hope to have the video up next week.  Let's just say I needed more tractor.  And no, no tractors, stoves or people were harmed in the making of the video.  :o

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10