Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: In ground pool heated with Central Boiler 5036... Hot water doesn't keep flowing  (Read 22670 times)

Timkerry

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: 5036
    • View Profile

Hi, this is the Mrs. With summer and pool season around the corner I just wanted to ask a question..... We have a central boiler Cl 5036 hooked up to our home and pool.  It heats the house and hot water.  We had an electrician install it to the pool 18x36 in ground.  Ever since it has been installed we can only heat the pool for 5 minutes and that's it.  The water jets in it nice and warm and then quickly always turned to cold within 5 min.  We just then gave up on it...... Well, it has been this way for 6yrs and this mom wants to swim in a heated pool that she paid extra $ for the parts from Central Boiler.  Any suggestions as to what is happening here? Hubs thinks lines are getting too hot too fast (whatever that means)
I have photos attached to see if that helps anyone figure why we can't keep the warm water flowing for more then 5 min ever :(
It DOESN'T matter if the wood burner temp is 160 or 180....... Still turns to cold water into the pool in a very few min.  I keep seeing people post about a aqua stat what's that? And would that help? Just sadden that our pool is "HEATED"after spending extra on the pool accessories.  Hope this summer we do have a ACTUAL heated pool:)
Thank you !!!! Kerry

[attachment deleted by admin for space issues]

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile

I can't believe what I'm seeing........  Is that the PVC lines going into the stove????
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

Scott7m

• View Profile

I see absolutely nothing that is required to heat a pool???  I have no idea who sold you what or took advantage of you but if you did try to heat your pool like this, it simply wouldn't work, and if it could, your stove would be destroyed in a matter on months........   In disbelief
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

Timkerry

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile

Oh no :( that's not good!!
We bought our boiler from an individual who was a dealer here in Ohio.  We told him we needed the pool hooked up too and to add on the costs of what materials we needed to do so.  He didn't install the boiler nor the hook up the pool part.  He advised us to call a local electrician to do so.  The electrician installed everything with the dealer coming back and ok everything.   Oh.... That makes me worried now.  I know we bought that extra part that was like $500 so what your telling me is NO PVC should be used at all.

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI

Can you get some more pictures so we can see exactly what you have? He need to see the pipes that come from the Central Boiler to the pool. There has to be a heat exchanger between the pool and boiler. Hopefully it is there. If there isn't I would recommend disconnecting it immediately and draining and flushing the boiler. If pool chemicals have been in the boiler very long it will fail very quickly.

Assuming it is hooked up correctly and has a heat exchanger (central boiler sells flat plate heat exchangers for pools which I personally think is a bad idea, should be shell in tube) you are probably just putting too much load on the boiler. We need to know how low the temperature on the boiler drops when the problem happens.

Scott7m

• View Profile

Oh no :( that's not good!!
We bought our boiler from an individual who was a dealer here in Ohio.  We told him we needed the pool hooked up too and to add on the costs of what materials we needed to do so.  He didn't install the boiler nor the hook up the pool part.  He advised us to call a local electrician to do so.  The electrician installed everything with the dealer coming back and ok everything.   Oh.... That makes me worried now.  I know we bought that extra part that was like $500 so what your telling me is NO PVC should be used at all.

A real pool kit would cost more than $500 with a quality heat exchanger.  I'm not sure what they've actually sold you, but if it's what I'm looking at, well your gonna need some help, and hopefully that pool water hasn't entered the boiler
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

Scott7m

• View Profile

I'm really ineterested in this, ifmyou would like to talk about it, give me a call, number is at the bottom, but I wanna know more about what was done here and we can then share the details of the findings here on the forum..
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

fireboss

• OWF Brand: central boiler
  • OWF Model: 6048
    • View Profile

scott the first thing I saw no mixing valve hope fully they are not mixing the pool water in the stove
Sussex county new jersey                                                                   cb 6048 instald may 2010, heating 3000 sq and 15,000 gal pool,sure track dump trailer,35ton splitter,029,ms200,homlite xl

Scott7m

• View Profile

scott the first thing I saw no mixing valve hope fully they are not mixing the pool water in the stove

I think they plumbed it to have the pool pump pool water in and out of the stove, I see no heat exchangers seperating anything

I'd say there water goes from 180 to pool temperature in about 3-4 minutes
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

yoderheating

• View Profile

Surely no dealer would okay a direct connect? Which goes back to what I always say, you can pay for the best furnace on the market but without a knowledgeable dealer you are possibly throwing money down the drain.
 The other guys on here are correct, if it is plumbed direct disconnect and flush the furnace ASAP!
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

Scott7m

• View Profile

Yep, I'm afraid this is a mess, wish we could learn more about it.

Some of the worst installs I've seen n service calls were done by electricians and plumbers, usually plumbers. Wow.

It's been said many times, a good dealer is crucial, and there aren't a lot of them.  I can't believe how many sell stoves but don't do installs
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

Timkerry

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile

We do have the pool heat exchanger. It is located under the wood burner where it is suppose to be.  The PVC goes into the pool heat exhchanger.  Their is no pool water mixed in with the wood burner.  I repeat no pool chemicals in with the woodburner water.  It was professional installed but....... We are trying to heat 17000 gallons of pool water.   What are our options? The wood burner kicks out hot water to the pool for apx 5- 10 mins. Then the wood burner temp drops significantly fast.  Then no more heat to pool until the temp of the wood burner rises again.  Husband wonders if it would be beneficial to adjust the t valves to restrict the water flow to the pool as an option? We don't understand why it doesn't heat the whole pool...

Scott7m

• View Profile

Because it wasn't properly installed.  There is simply no way you could spend an extra 500 and properly tie in a pool to an owb.  The fitting,valve, and electrical kit would cost that much before ever buying a quality heat exchanger designed for swimming pools.  Which should cost that much more again. 

I have included a pic here to show you what it should look like. 

The stove obviously works, heating 17,000 gallons is a big chore but it can do it if it was properly installed.  It won't raise it 3 degrees an hour or so, but will increase pool temp slowly over a day or two period and them be able to maintain it. 

You earlier said though it was installed by an electrician, but now are claiming it was professionally installed????   

Any way to get more pics of the heat exchanger set ups??? 

Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

Scott7m

• View Profile

If you look at the pic, it's aqua-stat controlled.  For example if you set the desired pool temp for 82, it will keep it on 82
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

Timkerry

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile

He is an electrician/plumber who owns his own company. It wasn't installed by a dealer.
Pages: [1] 2 3