Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: E-2400 Air chamber cracked  (Read 5265 times)

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
Re: E-2400 Air chamber cracked
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2017, 06:17:30 AM »

Double framed IH grain truck, then of course around the rear subframe for the suspension it was triple layered, some places were so swelled up from rust it was pulling the rivet heads thru the outer layer. Found a mid sixties IH truck that spent it’s whole life as a lime spreader, so very little salt exposure and with all the lime caked on the frame was in very good shape. The old frame I cut out had the Hendrickson hard tail with the rubber block suspension, nice ride with 30,000lbs of grain on it, would shake your fillings loose when empty though, the one from the donor truck had actual spring suspension.

Now what was cool, the place I worked for pulling wrenches when I was around the tender age of 21 had several of the old Autocar semi tractors with the anodized aluminum frames. Very tough trucks and the owner of the place liked em as with the aluminum frame, he could haul a few pieces of equipment without a special permit where a steel framed truck was just over the limit.

Owner of that place passed a few years ago, one of the fairest guys I ever worked for, toughest but still fair. End of the first week he came up and gave me a couple fifties as he said I wouldn’t be getting paid till the next Friday but every young man needs a little folding money for the weekend.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 06:23:06 AM by mlappin »
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana
Pages: 1 [2]