Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Boiler Pex Lines Redo v2  (Read 5203 times)

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
Re: Boiler Pex Lines Redo v2
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2018, 09:04:24 PM »

What kind of pipe was your original? Was it just the bad splice that was the problem with it?

braveblaster

• OWF Brand: Ridgewood
  • OWF Model: 7500
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2018, 06:10:55 PM »

What kind of pipe was your original? Was it just the bad splice that was the problem with it?

Yes, the original is a 3 wrap pipe shipped with the Ridgewood stove. I have 2 pumps with one line each running to individuals heat pumps. I came just short in one of the lines and hence the underground split on the pex.

I have yet to un-buried the entire line, have dug out just the spot of the split as of now so, can't say anything on the shape of the rest of the line.

patvetzal

• OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: ML36
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2018, 03:54:52 PM »

That stuff from Eastlake might work great on an overhead or interior installation but I've never heard of complete satisfaction when that type is  buried.  Most people on this site are recommending closed cell Rehau type for a reason...
80 acres of Bancroft bush and Ontario rock, a sweet wife, a few chickens, fishing rod, most everything I need....Most of it made by John Deere, Polaris, Stihl, Ruger, Jeep or me...

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2018, 11:00:14 PM »

I would guess that the ratio of outdoor boilers with wrapped type pipe is at least 10 wrapped to 1 foam. Of coarse you will hear of some bad results which a lot of the time was due to improper installation. Since over the years, there have been a lot of companies making it and also a lot of homemade attempts, there is going to be really varying results.
Pages: 1 [2]