Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 08:44:08 AM 
Started by Roger2561 - Last post by BoilerHouse
I am a big fan of having a spare key some place hidden on the property - not someplace obvious like under the welcome mat.  I always remember the story when my BIL and family got home late one night, tired, the weather is miserable, and he can't get into his attached garage because the power is out and the garage door won't open and they have no keys on hand for the outside entrance doors.  So now they are scrambling to get a Motel room for the night.  I mean...seriously. 

on: Today at 08:04:54 AM 
Started by Farmer Bob - Last post by Farmer Bob
RSI, I appreciate your input, however I am not trying to redesign the boiler, I believe that CB has done that.  Where my question lies is "What is the normal/expected outflow water temperature of the boiler?"  I have seen the E-Classic 3250 outflow temperatures in the 175+/- range.  I have not seen outflow temperatures for other models.  Maybe 165 degrees is the designed temperature of the E-Classic 2400 boiler.  I have gone overboard in my plumbing trying to get water to the temperature that my old boiler produced . . .  because that is the temperature that the house side of the system was designed to use (the original installation was in 2002).  I am hoping that other owners of the 2400 can confirm that 165 degrees is normal (or not); or maybe there is the unlikely possibility that I have a flow restriction in the water jacket (that I need to correct).  If 165 is normal, I have already installed an additional heat exchanger in the house, and I may need to made a few other additions.  THANKS for your input.  Bob

on: Today at 07:23:42 AM 
Started by MattyNH - Last post by BoilerHouse
I fired up Sept 22.  It was off and on for the first few days, and it has been pretty much on since Oct 1.  Heavy frost and trace of snow the last couple mornings.

on: Today at 03:33:28 AM 
Started by MattyNH - Last post by E Yoder
Judging by the volume of phone calls a there's been a lot of firing up going on the last few days.. winter here we come. 👍

on: Today at 03:30:16 AM 
Started by Wvline - Last post by E Yoder
Very solid performer, it is pretty small but will do more than you think. Just did one for a coal miner with a double wide the other day.

on: October 21, 2018, 08:23:42 PM 
Started by terpjr - Last post by Crow
Sounds like you have a crack in the fuel line inside the tank if it runs on its side, or the filter on the end of the fuel line is not able to move. Unsure on your saw, but our Echo pole saw and weed trimmer , the fuel line with filter and vent come as one part with the tank grommet (seal), 2 minute repair.

You also mentioned a hole in the primer bulb? Does it leak on you when you pump it?

on: October 21, 2018, 07:43:01 PM 
Started by terpjr - Last post by RSI
I would replace the fuel line and filter for starters.

on: October 21, 2018, 07:08:13 PM 
Started by terpjr - Last post by greasemonkoid
I haven't messed with 2 stroke engines a lot, but I will say don't forget about the diaphram in the carb that controls the needle valve, if that thing gets a hole or the needle valve gets out of calibration (by priming too hard?) it'll never run right. Every bulb I've seen usually has an air pocket. If you wind up changing fuel metering parts out it would be advisable to get a tachometer. That's a nice saw, hope you get it figured out. Surely there is a factory service manual somewhere.

on: October 21, 2018, 01:38:31 PM 
Started by terpjr - Last post by terpjr
Have a Husqvarna 562 xp with an apparent fuel delivery issue.

Havenít done much cutting the last two years...most of my wood is getting delivered in bucked rounds (pretty sweet deal). But even so, my 562 has been running flawlessly.  Started it up for the first time since summer yesterday and it would not start.  I did my usual procedure - a couple pumps of the purge bulb, flip the choke up, two pulls, fire, flip the choke down, 2 pulls and run.  Except it did not run. 
I then noticed a hole in the purge bulb...and noticed that it was not filling with fuel when purging.
I replaced that today.
It would not fill with fuel unless laying on its side.  Upright it would not fill.
On its side it runs, upright it fires after purging, runs for 10 seconds and dies.

1.  Is the bulb supposed to fill with fuel when purging?  I have never paid attention until there is now a problem....I donít remember what is right.  I feel like it usually fills.
2.  I assume the problem is somewhere in the tank...like...if it is on its side the line in the tank is under fuel so it isnít sucking  air...but then when it is upright it is sucking air...not really sure.

Inspecting the lines that are visible when I remove the air filter revel no cracks or obvious issues...

With the 562 - what is going on inside the tanks?  From the parts diagrams, it appears there is a tank vent...what is the replacement procedure?  How much line is attached?  How does a person fish it out?

Thanks

on: October 21, 2018, 07:56:18 AM 
Started by justinb - Last post by NaturallyAspirated
I did a semi drain of my glycol this fall.  100% water.  Biological and scum down to near 0%.   :thumbup:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10