Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 07:50:39 PM 
Started by heat550 - Last post by MattyNH
74 all winter here!..I was burning oil..House would be in the mid 60's

on: Today at 07:12:02 PM 
Started by heat550 - Last post by Scratch
74 here in Wisconsin.

on: Today at 06:37:08 PM 
Started by heat550 - Last post by greasemonkoid
80-82 for us, 75 at night. But then every room is a different temp with plenty of fresh leaking air coming in.

on: Today at 05:10:25 PM 
Started by woodbutcher - Last post by E Yoder
Any chance it got road salt on it? It'll make bolts etc rust prematurely.

on: Today at 04:56:29 PM 
Started by heat550 - Last post by mlappin
73 during the day, 67 at night

on: Today at 04:51:14 PM 
Started by Roger2561 - Last post by Roger2561
wreckit - LOL - The first complaint we got from our neighbors who moved from NYC was, there are no street lights.  I told them, yes, there are, you're looking in the wrong place.  Now they thought I had 2 heads on my shoulders.  I told them to meet me outside at 10:00pm.  It was a nice summer evening, not a cloud in the sky and warm, so I brought a couple of beers with me.  They asked where the lights were I told them about?  I told them to look up - they had never seen such bright stars.  I stayed with them for about an hour chatting about whatever it was before I went home to go to bed.  I doubt they made it to bed.  They were genuinely awestruck.   

on: Today at 04:31:41 PM 
Started by heat550 - Last post by shepherd boy
 Set on 78, but I don't know if it's reading right, but feels like summer in here.

on: Today at 04:18:05 PM 
Started by coolidge - Last post by Farmer Rob
Went out to the woods this morning for the first time in 4 years following a back injury. Met my dad out there to cut a couple small loads of deadfall. Of course my damn saw wouldn't start even though I just used it yesterday at home, tore it apart and found there was no spark. Oh well, whatever. Took dad's saw and started cutting, after not much more than 1/2 cord I couldn't stand up straight anymore. We each filled a 5x8 trailer loosely and went home. Took a 45 minute HOT shower to loosen up the back and now I'm laying on a pile of ice packs. Guess I'll go back to buying it again next year for $110 a cord delivered. 40 acres of oak just 2 miles up the road for the taking and I'm too crippled to be able to cut it, damn shame
It is a shame at times when one has wood so close can almost see the pile  laying there already. I also know what you mean about working part of a day then in a tub or shower for a long while so you can move again.I always say getting old can be no fun at times and it sure seems after 50 it goes down hill Fast. I saw slab wood the other day for $30 a bundle and I will go next sale day again and if they have it again pickup 10 or so bundles will for sure save working in the bush especially when is wet and nasty.

on: Today at 02:54:44 PM 
Started by heat550 - Last post by heat550
I was reading in a Minnesota heat cost forum . People burning LP and natural gas. Keep there house 62f and 67f when there home .
Lot said 68f and 72f if they have company .I'm starting to think
Woodboiler guys just like a warm house. I Target 72-74F myself
. That's why you hear these natural gas guy says only cost $150 month. It's because they have super insulated house and keep it 62f lol. What temp do you keep your house when your home ?

Heat550

on: Today at 12:36:25 PM 
Started by Roger2561 - Last post by wreckit87
Haha, our city folk are that way too. My lawn mower is a Deere X475 with the 23HP Kawi. Has the 3 pt which I use for moving trailers and such, might get me a box blade one day for the driveway, but it's still far from a "tractor". Bobcat gets used for anything serious that I need to do. I work in the metro which is 75-125 miles away depending on the site, 98% of the people I see every day have a postage stamp lawn and maybe 1 tree. They get talking about mowers and one will say something about the big tractor he bought from Home Depot (those crapty MTD things with the green paint and a Briggs under the hood) and everyone is just in awe about this fancy tractor. It's quite humorous actually. Had more than one citiot at my place that look at my mower and treat it like it's some godly invention only read about in books, and think of my 5 acre yard as a farm lol. Different strokes for different folks!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10