Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Gonna fire her up  (Read 11415 times)

duramax

• OWF Brand: central boiler
  • OWF Model: 1450
    • View Profile
Re: Gonna fire her up
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2017, 05:09:04 PM »

Started ours yesterday. Here in Masshole land  we have had warm temps. I fired up yesterrday for the season 1st. In this weather the pex line going across the basement is enough to heat house so no real demand for heat other than hot water. I clean the primary tube once a season and blow out the side air inlets with 140 psi air. This year may be tricky, we will be burning pine mostly with some hardwood added for coals.  Not sure it is up for the season yet, tomorrow is going to be 65*.  I hope the pine works, funds were low to buy cord wood and the guy I buy hardwood ends from left me hanging this year, " oh yea I'll have that next 2 weeks" :bash:
Central Boiler E 1450 Homemade 13 hp wood splitter, Kubota L 3800 tractor

hondaracer2oo4

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster. Past Hardy
  • OWF Model: G200. Past H4
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2017, 06:26:12 PM »

Yeah for the cost of around $100 per cord from the log length guy I just buy a load once a year and I don't have to worry about if I have wood or not.

buckgrunt

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: E-Classic 2300
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2017, 02:11:54 PM »

Same here.......I hear all of the horror stories of leaking wood furnaces and I get worried......

benp

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Model: Edge 750
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2017, 07:46:01 AM »

Stove is putting up big numbers today!!!! ;D

Roger2561

• OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2017, 10:56:37 AM »

benp, That's so cool.  Can you monitor it from the comfort of being inside your home too?  I wish CB had that available for my E-Classic 1400.  My CB dealer said the ones made for today's units are not compatible with the older ones like mine.  Roger   
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

benp

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2017, 11:17:09 AM »

benp, That's so cool.  Can you monitor it from the comfort of being inside your home too?  I wish CB had that available for my E-Classic 1400.  My CB dealer said the ones made for today's units are not compatible with the older ones like mine.  Roger

Roger,

That’s a screen shot from my phone. 

You can monitor from anywhere as long as cell phone signal or Wi-Fi access. 

That’s too bad.  I find it to be an invaluable tool.  You really learn a lot about the stove and how it functions.

benp

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2017, 12:16:33 PM »

To me this is the most important part of that program that you learn the most.  The history page.

I can tell if cold equipment was brought in the shop, if the wood is bridging or needs tamped down, if the heat exchangers need cleaned, or ahem if someone left the bypass open.

Pointblank

• OWF Model: Classic Edge 550
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2017, 06:59:33 PM »

Ya, that firestar wifi monitoring is bar none the best option out there. I have it on my 550 and its awesome. You learn a great deal  about the stove being able to monitor reaction chamber temps. You can even set it up to text or email you if your running low on wood, high or low water temp,  or if your fire goes out.
Central Boiler Classic Edge 550
Previous- Central Boiler 5648- 13 years

Minnesota

Roger2561

• OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2017, 03:08:19 AM »

pointblank - How do you like you Edge 550?  How long have you had it and is it running okay for you?  I visit another site and a person there has the Edge 750 and for a while it had been eating up solenoids left and right.  I believe he may have found a solution to the problem.  Does the 550 come with the titanium stainless steel like the Edge 750?  Roger
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

Pointblank

• OWF Model: Classic Edge 550
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2017, 07:41:44 PM »

pointblank - How do you like you Edge 550?  How long have you had it and is it running okay for you?  I visit another site and a person there has the Edge 750 and for a while it had been eating up solenoids left and right.  I believe he may have found a solution to the problem.  Does the 550 come with the titanium stainless steel like the Edge 750?  Roger
This is year number 3 with my 550 and so far the stove has ran good. No problem with the solenoids, their still original. In fact, my previous boiler was a cb 5648 (same solenoid as the Edge series) that I ran for 13 seasons and still had the original solenoid when I sold it. Only complaint is I've had to clean the primary air channels out each year once mid season. This requires shutting the stove down. Im trying a couple different things this year and hopefully get by the whole season without shutting down. And ya, I'm pretty sure the 550 is now available in stainless.
Central Boiler Classic Edge 550
Previous- Central Boiler 5648- 13 years

Minnesota

boilerman

• OWF Model: E2400 Currently CL5648 Previously
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2017, 09:02:03 PM »

I agree with benp that the XP is an awesome tool. Wow 1,700 degrees, that's a great burn! The highest I've ever seen on my Eclassic 2400 XP chart is 1,470 degrees. I really like all the easy removable air passage channels on your Edge. Can't complain about my 2010 E2400 though, been a great stove, still using original solenoids and pumps. Upgraded my Firestar in 2012 so could put on the XP. So far so good.

duramax

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2017, 07:04:30 AM »

Stove is putting up big numbers today!!!! ;D

I did not get the wi fi option on my E 1450 but I can see where it could be coo. l just plug along like the dinosaur that I am. I don't even have my cell phone on except to make calls and I have no use for face book twitter  ect. Hey if my cave is warm all is good.

duramax

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2017, 07:23:30 AM »

Yeah for the cost of around $100 per cord from the log length guy I just buy a load once a year and I don't have to worry about if I have wood or not.

Around here log length is getting harder to find at a good price. Now they process it all and sell it out in the burbs outside of Boston for a primo price.  No need to sell it in log length anymore.

hondaracer2oo4

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster. Past Hardy
  • OWF Model: G200. Past H4
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2017, 11:19:15 AM »

Try some tree companies if you are in the inner city area. Not many places for those guys do easily get rid of bigger wood.
Pages: 1 2 [3]