Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Classic 5036  (Read 3028 times)

Whytry

• OWF Brand: Central boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic 5036
    • View Profile
Classic 5036
« on: November 10, 2017, 01:39:44 PM »

Hi all, I got alot of good info from this site already. But have an issue with creosote. I've had the boiler for a few months now and the issues I am having is if I fill it up with 1 year old wood fairly dry, when it idles it makes so much creasote it just runs down the door ...mainly on the draft door and h
Then drips out on the front of the boiler. It doesn't do this when I only put a few pcs in. But now that the temps have fallin outside I need more wood for a 12 hr burn. Once it calls for heat the creosote burns off and the cycle continues. There is a couple things I've tried new door rope new draft door and cleaned that surface. I talked to central boiler and there response was I need to keep the hot coals towards the front. The only things different in this boiler is there is grates about 6" inches off the bottom of the boiler. Sorry for the long post. Just trying to get all the info out there. Any help is appreciated

Buckeyenut

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: 5036
    • View Profile
Re: Classic 5036
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 03:58:35 AM »

I have a 5036 but mine doesn't have any grates in it. Did you add these to your firebox?

pwdiver

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler since 2009
  • OWF Model: CL5036
  • No matter where you go there you are
    • View Profile
    • narronseggstra's
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 01:35:21 PM »

i dont have any grates but I have had moister build up around the door that has ran down the front on several occasions it hasnt caused any problems other than discoloring the outside, ive had mine 9 years and it works great I run it year round because I heat my hot water also. :thumbup:
I use a Stihl MS361 saw & MS250 & MS170
New Holland TC30 tractor
powerdiver6000@aol.com

wreckit87

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: C375
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 08:51:36 AM »

Curious about the grates also... A little creosote running down the front doesn't hurt anything though. Is it natural draft yet or do you have the fan? When you only throw a few blocks in, it'll absorb the moisture but when you heat up a whole stack of wood, it will create more creosote. I've heard the same about the hot coals toward the door to help with this, but don't have enough experience with a CB to verify one way or another

fireboss

• OWF Brand: central boiler
  • OWF Model: 6048
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 07:49:44 PM »

I had the same problem, I found if you keep the fire in the middle of the burner you don’t get the moisture. I believe that the moisture comes from when the cold air comes in and meats the hot air that’s where the moisture is coming from . Ever since I moved the fire to the middle I haven’t had it running down the front
Sussex county new jersey                                                                   cb 6048 instald may 2010, heating 3000 sq and 15,000 gal pool,sure track dump trailer,35ton splitter,029,ms200,homlite xl