Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Rude/ ungrateful children rant  (Read 7036 times)

wreckit87

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: C375
    • View Profile
Rude/ ungrateful children rant
« on: December 17, 2017, 10:48:29 AM »

So we had our first of several family Christmas gatherings yesterday with my immediate family. My brother and myself are both kidless and plan to keep it that way, but our sister has got 3 little boys 6,4, and 8 months. They had conception issues and whatnot so the kids were a great blessing for them, but they are fairly spoiled and get most anything they want with very little discipline. They can be polite when they want to be, but often times they are super rude and will NOT listen to anyone besides their parents. Well anyway, yesterday I got them each some gifts, my girlfriend got them some too, and they had to be reminded to say thank you at which point all they did was look at us for a second and take off. Whatever, it happens sometimes. Well my dad goes and buys these twerps a $2000 snowmobile and gives it to them. Anybody familiar with a Yamaha Sno-Scoot knows these things are a death trap for even a responsible kid much less one who only looks around to see who's watching instead of where he's going. These things go 40 mph and get there in a hurry. So the older one is tearing around the yard wide open and paying zero attention where he's going, so my dad tapes a block of wood behind the throttle to slow it down to 20 or so and the kid lost his mind. Went on a total rampage about how it's not fair and it's not fast enough, etc. Tore my parents' house apart with his tantrum, screaming his head off, so I just asked if he thought Grandpa should take it back to the store since it's too slow, and my sister comes unglued. Called me every name in the book and gave me the whole "when you have kids you can discipline them how you want to but you will never talk to my kids that way" bit, over a simple question. Well fast forward an hour his tantrum is over and I'm still pissed but okay, the little bastard has the audacity to have another fit that he didn't get enough presents. If that were my kid I'd light all his gifts on fire, but their response was that there will be more at the other Grandma's and more again when Santa comes, etc. I had to leave the room. Maybe I'm nuts because I don't have kids of my own, but that seems just plain rude and I kind of want to punch him in his rude little face. My girlfriend is super passive and LOVES kids, but when we got in the car to leave she lost her crap about this too, so I'm not alone. What do y'all parents think about it?

Bigbaddave

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Crown royal
  • OWF Model: 7300
    • View Profile
Re: Rude/ ungrateful children rant
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 11:44:05 AM »

OK so I've been a member here for probably two years and I've been reading all the posts and learning a great deal of information that I am grateful for but this post I couldn't let it go without replying  this is what's wrong with the world today ungrateful people who don't appreciate anything and it's only getting worse  I am on your team on this one sounds to me like there are some young ones there that need to be taught a lesson maybe a trip out behind the woodshed would straighten them out
Northeast Ohio

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 12:44:31 PM »

Perfect example of not enough ass crackin and the parents allowing their kids to believe that rules don’t apply to them because they are the most special little craps in the world.

Not sure if the wife’s niece will be speaking to me or not next time I see her, they have a 6 year spoiled brat that literally decides where they go, what they eat, etc etc. I pissed her off good last time when I told her out of the roughly 350,000 children born daily worldwide that her’s being the most special little crap in the world is highly unlikely.

No children here, wife has congenital heart defects, some people’s kids though make me want to do my own vasectomy with a chainsaw just to be safe.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 12:47:04 PM by mlappin »
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

Roger2561

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 03:52:45 PM »

Perfect example of not enough ass crackin and the parents allowing their kids to believe that rules don’t apply to them because they are the most special little craps in the world.

Not sure if the wife’s niece will be speaking to me or not next time I see her, they have a 6 year spoiled brat that literally decides where they go, what they eat, etc etc. I pissed her off good last time when I told her out of the roughly 350,000 children born daily worldwide that her’s being the most special little crap in the world is highly unlikely.

No children here, wife has congenital heart defects, some people’s kids though make me want to do my own vasectomy with a chainsaw just to be safe.

:post:    :o  Okay, that made me cringe.  But, it's amazing, sick, how many kids run the family not the parents.
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

wreckit87

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 04:05:47 PM »

These kids have six Power Wheels cars in their garage. SIX. It's so full of toys that the folks have to park outside. 2 little fourwheelers, now 2 little snowmobiles (dad bought the other one too), 2 fullsize trampolines, a big ass pool, all for two toddlers. I knew they were spoiled but yesterday's tantrum showed me the true colors of what's going on. I hate to blame the poor kid because I know it's not necessarily his fault, but holy crap. What's he gonna be like as a teenager? Yikes

Crow

• OWF Brand: Portage & Main
  • OWF Model: BL 28-40
  • Eastern Ontario
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2017, 04:14:01 PM »

Your not alone!

I have two brothers. One lives near me out here in the country with 3 kids and the other in the burbs with 2. Country kids have been great the whole time, no issues. The city kids, not so much. One Christmas a few years ago I caught them being up to no good and thought  I'll fix this. My warnings got me the old " your not my daddy" and a look that could kill from the oldest one. Sooooo, a good swat to the backside she got, and the tears and squealing, unbelievable.
Anyways I thought I overstepped my boundaries, but someone had to teach them some respect. Well my brother and SIL thanked me, neither one of the 2 nieces forgot this life lesson and have been so polite since it's amazing.

mlappin

• Global Moderator
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2017, 04:28:31 PM »

Your not alone!

I have two brothers. One lives near me out here in the country with 3 kids and the other in the burbs with 2. Country kids have been great the whole time, no issues. The city kids, not so much. One Christmas a few years ago I caught them being up to no good and thought  I'll fix this. My warnings got me the old " your not my daddy" and a look that could kill from the oldest one. Sooooo, a good swat to the backside she got, and the tears and squealing, unbelievable.
Anyways I thought I overstepped my boundaries, but someone had to teach them some respect. Well my brother and SIL thanked me, neither one of the 2 nieces forgot this life lesson and have been so polite since it's amazing.

Not so hard to believe actually when the schools tell the kids to call the cops on their parents if they get spanked.

I got spankings in school, then again when I got home, I never ever thought as a child to threaten mom and dad with calling the police, sure as hell never threw a tantrum in a store because I didn’t get what I wanted.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120

Crow

• OWF Brand: Portage & Main
  • OWF Model: BL 28-40
  • Eastern Ontario
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2017, 04:49:53 PM »

To me it's hard to blame the kids because of the parents failures in teaching right from wrong. This starts at an early age. Some of these younger parents are of the " entitled" generation, so the kids don't have a chance anyway.

They should watch Jeff Fowworthy. " My Mom was great, my Dad was great, I'm just a s#!thead!"

Pointblank

• OWF Model: Classic Edge 550
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2017, 05:27:11 PM »

Ya, its more than likely a parenting issue more than anything. The kids are just doing what they've been conditioned to do. If something don't go your way, throw a fit and you get what you want. Hopefully mom and dad turn things around before its too late. If not, those kids will be in for a real rude awakening when they reach adulthood.
Central Boiler Classic Edge 550
Previous- Central Boiler 5648- 13 years

Minnesota

wreckit87

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2017, 05:47:50 PM »

She's got this mindset that she's "emotionally scarred for life" from the 2 spankings she got when she was 4 and would NEVER abuse her kids like that. The line between discipline and abuse apparently isn't her vocabulary, so anything more than a 30 second timeout is cruel in her book. Half the time even if they do get a timeout, they act like they didn't hear it and ignore them anyway. I guess I was raised in a place where if you break the rules or don't do as you're told, there will be repercussions which usually meant an asskicking. Nobody likes an asskicking, so believe it or not, it keeps some of us from being pricks. Dad spanked one of her boys 2 years ago (well deserved, mind you) and she lost her marbles at him and then literally didn't look at him for 6 months until she needed something from him. She's a manipulative asshole, maybe there is no saving the poor kids

mlappin

• Global Moderator
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2017, 08:39:26 PM »

She's got this mindset that she's "emotionally scarred for life" from the 2 spankings she got when she was 4 and would NEVER abuse her kids like that. The line between discipline and abuse apparently isn't her vocabulary, so anything more than a 30 second timeout is cruel in her book.

snowflake….
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120

Roger2561

• OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2017, 03:26:33 AM »

And, the mindset will be like those UCLA basketball players who got caught stealing in China; now, the father (I'm not calling him a dad for a reason) is stating that the kids were "made" to apologize.  When I was a kid I never had to be told to apologize to anyone, it's something we were taught at a young age.  It's the mentality of the father that's doing a huge disservice to the kids.  Don't get me started on customer service with the young people at store, restaurants, etc... they do not know how to say "Thank you" or "You're welcome". 
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

MD20/20

• OWF Brand: Nature's Comfort
  • OWF Model: 325G
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2017, 08:05:38 AM »

It gives "normal" kids a big advantage when some people create little monsters that turn into obnoxious adults...so keep raising little knuckleheads so mine look better to the world!
Central MD

wreckit87

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2017, 09:35:50 AM »

Oh geez don't even get me started on manners. I was born and raised out in the sticks, never spent any time with the "city kids" nor do I care to as an adult because they're mostly assholes. As a foreman for my company (which is located near the capitol, big city work) I tend to deal with a lot of what I like to call Yuppies. There are very few "farm" type folk that work in the city trades because it's a 1-2 hour drive each way every day, so it's mostly local yuppies on site. Everybody has the "F you" attitude and will NOT coordinate with other trades so we can all coexist in a space, so it's a neverending battle. Pretty regularly I have guys just not show up for a day or two with no call, no text, nothing so when they come back I gotta ask where they were and the response is usually "I didn't feel good" or something, so when I point out that they need to call and let me know they're not coming in, then they get pissed and act like I'm encroaching on their personal lives by asking to be informed when they're not coming to work. Very few will offer to help with emergency jobs or weekend work (which is doubletime), it's almost impossible to get good help. I try to be soft and easy to get along with, but when they treat me like a pushover it gets ugly. And these are usually people in their 40's that can't apologize, or say please and thank you. I can't even imagine how bad their kids suck. Probably getting a bad reputation from the benchwarmers from firing everybody who sucks, but I really don't care. I don't want to see people like that at all, much less every day

Mr. Maple

• OWF Brand: Empyre 450-sold,P&M BL 4044- sold,now Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: MF 20000e
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2017, 10:36:43 AM »

We went through the terrible teenage years also,it's not necessarily the parents fault.We were raised with strict upbringing,tried to do the same with our kids,teaching them right from wrong,respect,empathy,rewards for hard work,etc. Biggest problem nowadays is not only do kids feel entitled,but too many busybodies around taking pictures,reporting child discipline etc.Our oldest son was( and actually still is) a good worker,but however  a child care worker came to his class one day,maybe about grade 5 or 6, and asked if any kids were upset about being spanked for discipline,his hand went up,by the end of the day there were two police cruisers in our yard with the same social worker,who then yelled at us in front of him that if we ever laid a hand on him again we would both go to jail,wonder why we had to put him out of the house at age 18?  Our youngest son pretty much same the same boat,thought we should ask please and thank you for any work,X Box all night long so sleep all day,told my wife and she agrees,should we ever get any grandchildren there will be NO X Box or Video Games in our house
Pages: [1] 2 3