Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Changing temp settings on G seriea  (Read 2923 times)

tinfoilhat2020

• OWF Brand: POS
    • View Profile
Changing temp settings on G seriea
« on: February 11, 2018, 07:56:54 PM »

I have tried changing my temp settings on my g200 with no luck. I followed the instructions in the manual, and even tho the SP is at 185, boiler is still shutting on at 180??? I am trying to go from 160-180 to 165-185.

I have heard a few others have ran into this same issue. Mine is a 2017 model.

Any insights?

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
Re: Changing temp settings on G seriea
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 07:59:34 PM »

Have you tried turning the power off and back on to reset the controller? Not sure if that is the problem but have seen it fix weird things.

tinfoilhat2020

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 08:07:45 AM »

Yes I did, didn't seem to do anything.

E Yoder

• OWF Model: GS 100
    • View Profile
    • www.heatmasterfurnace.com
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 02:18:37 PM »

I think it's something programmed into the controller that it considers 180 to be the max normal range it runs in. The only time I've wished for hotter is with copper baseboard.
Anyway -
I checked with Heatmaster to see what they say, I'll keep you posted.
HeatMaster dealer serving southwest VA.
www.heatmasterfurnace.com

tinfoilhat2020

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 04:41:00 PM »

Eldon,

Thank you! and that's exactly why I want to turn the temp up a big: installing some baseboard in the basement and also adding on a 3rd building.

THANKS!

E Yoder

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 06:36:53 PM »

I read an article by Jon Seigenthaler a few years ago about future-proofing installations that stuck with me. One big one he recommended was slightly oversizing emitters to allow for adequate btu output with low temp water. Much easier to do the first time.

So looking at the slant fin baseboard charts, 5 degrees changes the btu output about 6%. So, for every 17 ft of baseboard you would need one extra foot of baseboard for the same btu output. Fairly easy to plan for on new installations.
What I meant by having issues with baseboard is where you have existing baseboard that already covers the exterior walls, still undersized, tight crawl space, drafty old house..

Anyway, I'll post back on the temp settings options..just some rambles here.

tinfoilhat2020

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 11:03:22 PM »

My Dealer got back to me today and said that he contacted corporate and the high limit is programmed only to 180. They are writing me a new program that will be set higher. I will be receiving this via email and will be able to program the seimens controller via SIM card.

Thanks Heatmaster and Crew for the speedy response!!!!

E Yoder

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2018, 01:41:37 PM »

Awesome, I've been running a couple long days and hadn't had time to look at it again. Thanks for posting back.

tinfoilhat2020

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2018, 02:46:39 PM »

G here are the steps to changing the High Limit and and SP...big thanks to my dealer Alex for getting these for me! Took 5 minutes to make the changes, now running 165-185. I first bumped the high limit from 190 to 200 and then SP  to 185 with a 20 degree diff.

G-Series Version 3.2.2 High Limit Setpoint Change

1.Verify the current program is Version 3.2.2 To test this, power down the control and power it up again. The software version will be displayed on the PLC on start-up. If the furnace is cold do not press the cold start button until you have completed your parameter changes.

2.Hold the DOWN arrow key until “SAT 00:00” is displayed, then press the ESC key.

3.Arrow DOWN to the PROGRAM tab and press OK

4.Arrow DOWN to the “Set Parameters” tab and press the OK key

5.To adjust the “High Temperature Alarm Setpoint” arrow DOWN until you reach block “B19” titled “H Temp”. Press the “OK” button. Use the arrow keys to navigate to the “ON” parameter. The factory value is “+1900”. Press the “OK” button. Arrow RIGHT until the cursor is on the “9” of “+01900”, arrow UP/DOWN to make your change. Then press OK.

6.Arrow DOWN to highlight the “OFF” parameter. The factory valve is “+1900”. Pres the “OK” button. Arrow RIGHT until the cursor is on the “9” of “+01900”, arrow UP/DOWN to make your change. Then press OK.

7.Press the “ESC” button to return to the parameter list.

8.To adjust the maximum allowable set temperature arrow “DOWN” to navigate to block “B64” titled “SP MAX” Press the “OK” button. Use the arrow keys to navigate to the “ON” parameter. The factory value is “+1800”. Press the “OK” button. Arrow RIGHT until the cursor is on the “8” of “+01800”, arrow UP/DOWN to make your change. Then press OK.

9.Arrow DOWN to highlight the “OFF” parameter. The factory valve is “+1800”. Pres the “OK” button. Arrow RIGHT until the cursor is on the “8” of “+01800”, arrow UP/DOWN to make your change. Then press OK.

10.Press the ESC button twice to return to the “SUN 00:00” screen. Press the UP arrow key repeatedly to return to the run screen. The changes are complete.

*Take note that setting the temperature higher than 180F. may result in the High Limit safety switch being tripped in certain situations.