Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Anyone running an x300 for monitoring??  (Read 8600 times)

ralphxj

• OWF Brand: Eco-Max
  • OWF Model: 125
    • View Profile
Anyone running an x300 for monitoring??
« on: January 12, 2016, 06:20:47 PM »

I plan on running an x300 from control by web next year for monitoring by boiler. I'm trying to get some leg work done ahead of time so I'm ready to go when I pull the trigger on getting an x300. I'm currently designing/programming a more visually appealing website for the x300 data with gauges for the temptress and a line chart graph for the logs.

Is anyone running an x300 that would like to share their Web address that I could use to test my site? Once I get everything setup and running, it will be very easy to let anyone else use the same setup with their x300.

Does anyone have the contact info for the user Marty (hasn't been on this site for almost a year) who had setup a website to log and monitor his x300 with a MySQL setup? I don't want to sign up for another site just to send him an email. He had done a lot of the same work I will be done and I wanted to pick his brain.

ralphxj

• View Profile
Re: Anyone running an x300 for monitoring??
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 06:25:57 PM »

Screenshot of what I've got so far. The gauges are pulling from a local download of the x300 XML file. Haven't started the line graph yet, but that's basically what it will look like.

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 06:51:15 PM »

I’ve looked at the control by web products, very reasonably priced compared to some, but none will handle a k type thermocouple.

This guy seems to have it whooped.

http://www.nofossil.org:7281/public/gaugepanel.html
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

ralphxj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 07:23:20 PM »

I’ve looked at the control by web products, very reasonably priced compared to some, but none will handle a k type thermocouple.

This guy seems to have it whooped.

http://www.nofossil.org:7281/public/gaugepanel.html

I have seen that setup, seems like more "detail" then I want or need. Not sure why I would need my entire diagram as part of my monitoring page, all I'm looking for are a few diffrent temp's.

I plan on seeing if there is a way to use a thermocouple with the x300 to monitor my burn chamber. Just need to see if it's worth the effort. Thinking I can take the reading as a divided number of the actual value and then multiple it to display on my graphic gauge to show actual temp rather then divided temp.

marty

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: CL-5648
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 01:20:39 PM »

Ralph!!! i like the gages.  I"m here, what do you need to know? Here is my current display (below).  I went thru many iterations so let me know any specific questions to have. Your gage display will work fine for just reading the current xml values like you say, but you will run into a problem when trying to run the historical graphing with what you get out of the box.   One thing I found the most useful was to track the last 5 historical values (polled every 30 seconds) to show the red or green arrows that indicate falling or rising temp.  I do this with cookies in the browser.

The basic flaw with these units although otherwise fantastic and trouble free is that when the log file grows and grows it eventually becomes too large and slow to become readable.  My solution was to pull the log.txt evey 5 mins, dump it in a database table then clear the log.  Then the website here querys the database.  I can lookup any day over the past 2 years.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 01:40:45 PM by marty »

ralphxj

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2016, 02:00:02 PM »

He is here!! I looked and it looked like you hadn't been on here in a year!

I was planning in running a SQL setup just like you were. I didn't think about polling the last few readings to show if the temps are going up or down, I really like that!!

I will need to reply later when I'm on a computer and not my phone to get more info on your SQL setup. Just trying to get some leg work done now so when it comes time to setup my own x300 all my web work is done.

What is your link for your current live tracking if you don't mind sharing? The old ddns.net link you posted on the other forum isn't online anymore?

marty

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2016, 06:13:54 PM »

Ralph I tried to PM you let me know if u received

ralphxj

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2017, 05:13:31 PM »

Ok, really need to get something for monitoring. Have had issues the last week with the fire going out (twice at night and once at work) because of some bad wood and I really need a way to have the system warn me before i walk out and the boiler is at 120*

Looking at the x320 more then the x300 now. I think having 6 temp sensors and the inputs and outputs avaliable will be better then having the 8 temp sensors and relays only. Thay will allow me to monitor if the boiler fan is on as well as then stuff on with the output (and an external relay).

Marty, are you still running your system? Have you made any changes? Any chance you would be interested in sharing or selling the code/files for sending the txt data to the sql database?

Anyone else running this setup or found anything else as an alternative?

marty

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2017, 12:33:58 PM »

I am still running my system, trouble free for 3+ yrs.  The dyndns stuff got too frustrating to keep up so now I just access via my dynamic IP address.  On my x300 factory interface you can set up alerts so you have have it email (or text) you when temps on specified sensors exceed the limits you specify.  This has worked great for me in the past, mostly when burning crap wood.   The past 2 years I actually burned good wood, and load properly each time I haven't had an alert in almost 2 years.  My '05 CB5648 still going strong

My code is all here, feel free to use it, buy me a beer if you want.   pm me
https://github.com/marsmith/x300-display

trickier part will be getting set up, I'll do my best to answer questions.

ralphxj

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2017, 02:00:50 PM »

I finally placed my order for an x320!! Excited to get it setup and running for this winter. Of course they announced the new x410 like 2 hours after I placed my order with a reseller through eBay, but I can always upgrade if I out grow the x320. I'll update as I get it installed and running.

Looks like they also have an adaptor to use Type-K Thermocouples with the new x410 as well!! Figures, after over a year of planning they release the cool new stuff the day after I place my order for the x320.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 05:37:25 PM by ralphxj »

NaturallyAspirated

• OWF Model: M250
  • Golfing, snowmobiling fool!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nealmastel.com
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2017, 06:05:20 PM »

I finally placed my order for an x320!! Excited to get it setup and running for this winter. Of course they announced the new x410 like 2 hours after I placed my order with a reseller through eBay, but I can always upgrade if I out grow the x320. I'll update as I get it installed and running.

Looks like they also have an adaptor to use Type-K Thermocouples with the new x410 as well!! Figures, after over a year of planning they release the cool new stuff the day after I place my order for the x320.
What about running a mySQL database and logging all your thermocouples there and incorporating queries into your web page? 

Running a MAX6675 and an Arduino to log to the database is fairly easy.  You can run quite a few MAX6675 thermocouple ADCs on a Uno or more of a Mega.

Got it rigged up so you can do as many thermocouples into your Arduino as you want.   :thumbup:

Neal
Miss Farad was pretty and sensual, and charged to a reckless potential; but a rascal named Ohm conducted her home - Her decline was, alas, exponential
Send me your bitcoins!  1GEsGKzP5xK9e45YDjmRzGYpnhwT3oNbvj

ralphxj

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2017, 07:31:58 PM »

What about running a mySQL database and logging all your thermocouples there and incorporating queries into your web page? 

Running a MAX6675 and an Arduino to log to the database is fairly easy.  You can run quite a few MAX6675 thermocouple ADCs on a Uno or more of a Mega.

Got it rigged up so you can do as many thermocouples into your Arduino as you want.   :thumbup:

Neal

I hope to run the data into sql using Marty's setup above. Don't have much sql experience other then setting up WordPress sites so I'll see how well it goes. I just got my sensors and got the first 2 hooked up and working tonight. Looks like cold weather this week, so I want to get it all setup so so can test everything this week! The x320 was VERY easy to install and get it online.

marty

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2017, 02:00:39 PM »

Awesome, let me know how it goes ralph

tinfoilhat2020

• OWF Brand: POS
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2018, 08:26:15 PM »

hey guys....im getting ready to order the x-410. have a few questions....

the internet service we have it At&T. its through their mobile phone network. it is essentially a mobile hotspot. I am hoping this will still work

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2019, 06:57:16 AM »

Another cool option I’ve found with the Control By Web stuff is you can run basic script.

I had a Tekmar differential controller running the pump between the waste oil boiler and the fphx that’s between my G200 and WOB. Would only run the pump if the G200 was above 155 and a degree warmer than the WOB. Waste Oil Boiler holds roughly 450 gallons, so with almost 650 gallons between the WOB and the G200 made for some nice long burns, however made for some excessive idling as well waiting for 650 gallons to cool off, so thats why I installed the differential controller, it took a dump sometime over the winter so I have the X300 running the pump now.

Simple little script replaced a $195 controller.

DO
         IF temp1 >= 155 THEN
          IF temp1 >= temp3 + 1 THEN
           LET relay1 = 1
   ELSE
          LET relay1 = 0
         END IF
        END IF
       LOOP
END
Stihl 023
Stihl 362