Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: PEX  (Read 8232 times)

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
Re: PEX
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2010, 03:55:37 AM »

OB pex = Oxegen Barrier It is pex with a special"sleeve' or coating (not reaaly sure) that prevents oxygen from penetrating from outside into your lines. If you are using a closed system with pressure this type of pipe is a MUST have as pressure systems do not work well with oxygenn in them. An open system such as most OWB can pump a little oxygen through the system and it will purge itself at the OWB
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

CORVAIRWILD

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2010, 06:38:44 AM »

There seem to be so many varieties of piping... I'll wait until we buy the house, next week, and then the waste boiler...

juddspaintballs

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2010, 03:25:46 PM »

even on open systems, it's recommended to use oxygen barrier pex to prevent extra oxygen into your system.  my heatmor is a semi-closed system in that it's non-pressurized and can vent to the atmosphere but it doesn't let air in.

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2010, 04:00:19 PM »

good call paintballs i do agree with you that it is a good idea to use it with any system as another benifit from it is that the coating that prevents the oxygen from entering the pipe also makes it "slicker' and reduces friction allowing for more GPM and less head pressure on yoru system. In long runs this can be benificial to some degree
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada
Pages: 1 [2]