Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: The EPA is starting to pound there drum again  (Read 10998 times)

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
Re: The EPA is starting to pound there drum again
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2013, 07:50:08 PM »

I hear what your saying and appreciate your service.   :thumbup:

There have many millions and millions think it would never happen to them though, hitler, Stalin, Lenin, mao, the list goes on. 

I often thought that the military would never attack it's own, but they have in history.  Also one would have to consider the growing roll of Interpol and u.n troops.  If the u.s troops wouldn't do it, I sm not above thinking that the powers that be might get un troops to do the dirty work, trust me I know this would be all out war, and I half way expect that at some point. 

All we can do is respect history and know that it has happened before, and this country is on the exact path others have went down.

Thanks once again for your service!!!!

Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

ijon

• OWF Brand: Portage and main
  • OWF Model: 28-40
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2013, 03:04:58 AM »

We can thank the old Hillary for that.
installed in 2014

walkerdogman85

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: H-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2013, 05:15:09 AM »

I know it's out of our control but wild fires and volcanos put of more than our boilers do! Also what good will it do us to be so green if no other place on earth is? China is mass producing coal fired power plants at a rate of one per week and no scrubbers or scr! So yeah respect the place we live but bu I believe we all do. I really upsets me as I work at a coal power plant and hear this stuff a lot and it pertains to our wood boilers also its hard to believe that this can happen, I will burn wood until they come take it from me ! It's hard to say this Ll and make sense but I am just ranting in my head !
Michael West
Central Ohio

skorpyd

• OWF Brand: Home Built
  • OWF Model: Code name "Woody"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2013, 05:31:28 AM »

It's amazing how much of our freedom that has already been taken, and how easy they take more one bite at a time.

The EPA is probably the most leftist bureaucracy we have.

By the way thanks to all that have served our country in the military.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 05:37:33 AM by skorpyd »

Sdh1218

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2013, 02:10:40 PM »

If we let them take the small things how long before they take the big things. As said before were are steadily loosing our freedoms one at a time.

12valve

• OWF Brand: P&M
  • OWF Model: BL-3444
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2013, 08:03:02 AM »

It makes me mad that Central Boiler is in bed with them.  That was the reason I didn't get a CB.  The local dealer told me how they were working with EPA so they could get rid of most of there competition.  What a hypocritical sellot joke they are.

boilerman

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: E2400 Currently CL5648 Previously
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2013, 02:37:28 PM »

That sounds more like competitor nonsense rumors and talk than truth.
My dealer buddy says Central Boiler has spent more money in legal fees. lobbiests and costs than all the competitor companies put together just to keep EPA from shutting down the OWF business all together already. If it was up to EPA, nobody would be building or selling OWF's. CB has had to fight to even get an emmision standard that is availble for any manufacture to meet (Phase 2 Standard:  9 states have already adopted this standard). Now as Scott says EPA want to cut that emmision standard in half! CB is not the enemy here, the OWF industry is fortunate that they are spending their money to keep any business in the industry doors still open. I would seriously doubt CB wants to eliminate "all" their competition. If that were to happen, EPA could justify themselves by stating "who cares, we are shutting down only one company by banning OWF's". Keep your beef with EPA and not point fingers at the company that is fighting for our rights to have the option to burn an OWF. Their standard Classic model dominated OWF's sales with it's great features and reputation, I'm sure they could have saved millions if EPA just left the industry alone. The overall emissions caused by all the OWF's in operation in our country is nothing more than the tiniest spec of dust in the universe IMO....

J Cooch

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Model: Cb5036
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2013, 05:11:49 PM »

How many large fuel producers are also lobbying the EPA to shut down OWB's? Losses in fuel sales is huge, not to mention fuel tax losses.   Money talks

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2013, 05:33:57 PM »

Folks, our opponents aren't the energy companies...  I think people like to think "I'm sticking it to tue oil company" when they buy one of these but in reality, I don't think we are a blip on there radar

All of us combined wouldn't amount to a drop in a barrel, our opponents arent oil companies or coal companies, it's a bunch of idiots with no brain who think they were sent to save us and planet earth from our own stupidity..

Put it into perspective, if an oil company was thst concerned with a bit of oil they could slide gm some money under the table to make all there vehicles get 1/10 of a mpg less and it would be far more beneficial to them than our community.
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

J Cooch

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2013, 09:21:57 PM »

Be serious. These corporations are our enemy(or employer). We pay taxes so they won't have to. The energy industry owns our politicians and you the consumer. This world is dependant. How many live completely off grid? Not enough, and thats what they count on.  I'm sticking it to my propane company and keeping it in my wallet while skipping the fuel taxes. When they want money they just raise the price like the last five years profit level shows. We all need to do more to escape their grasp.

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2013, 09:33:48 PM »

Well, whatever fuels your fire

Why does the govt have grants and tax credits available for solar all the time?  Canada will even pay half on them sometimes.  Seems to me like that should pee energy companies off.

Also, there is even tax credits still available on wood furnaces and pellet stoves, just a couple years ago that was $1500 a pop for anyone purchasing an owb.  I think if big oil as folks call it was that worried about wood furnaces that it would have never even been mentioned as far as a tax credit goes.

It's just amazing for me to think there is 320 million people in this country and the owb crowd thinks that big oil or energy companies are terrified by them, how many outdoor wood furnaces are currently in use would you say?  Out of 320 million people!  Not even a fraction of 1%

Think about nationwide how many solar panels there are, many times more than those who burn wood.

Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2013, 05:42:15 AM »

When Mitt Romney was in town last year I was asked to join a round table discussion with him about business issues. I set right next to one of the top guys from Appalachian Power, the second largest electricity company in our state. I had to explain to him what a owb was, he had no clue. During our talk he actually said he would send people my way if they had trouble with high bills. I don't think he was worried at all about losing a few residential customers.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2013, 05:55:46 AM »

the only business i think would have any concern is the local fuel provider. He may notice on his end of year profit that he missed selling one or two "past customers" 2 or 3 grand each
but i doubt if the refinery notices
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2013, 06:07:58 AM »

the only business i think would have any concern is the local fuel provider. He may notice on his end of year profit that he missed selling one or two "past customers" 2 or 3 grand each
but i doubt if the refinery notices

Your all exactly right, as far as the industry even knowing we exist,
They don't hardly, if it was some mom and pop propane company they might miss you like Marty said but as to think your sticking it to someone and they notice, that's just a feel good point on your end of the deal. 

Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

J Cooch

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2013, 08:45:42 AM »

I will agree they don't care if we buy less, because No matter how efficient we become big energy just raises the price. They produce less and charge more, keeping profit right where they want it. The EPA has us meeting exhaust emission requirements, but our cars even hybrids still do not get close to the mileage they could get, and who receives the carbon credits for all those efficient autos? We get a crappy little tax credit. A stand alone solar system takes close to fifteen years to pay for itself and most cannot afford it. A majority of the solar farms are being built by big energy to replace costly power plants. Imagine free energy from the sun,clean energy credits, Low labor costs, and no costly infrastructure. It's no wonder why they have so much money to lobby with.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4