Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
 on: June 01, 2023, 05:20:31 PM 
Started by Super44 - Last post by Super44
Had a trouble free season.  I learned how to shut it down for a week due to warm weather and start it up in a couple hours. There is a tiny air leak someplace and the fire just keeps smoldering if I throw in a chunk or 2 every couple of days.  Only a couple shark bites still in the system only because they have not leaked like all the rest.   :thumbup:

on: May 01, 2023, 05:45:50 PM 
Started by juddspaintballs - Last post by hoardac
Insulate you will regret not doing it later.

on: April 25, 2023, 11:27:39 AM 
Started by juddspaintballs - Last post by OTR
I realize it would be resting on the bottom, but the actual amount of contact is minimal and the heat transfer from PEX through PVC and into the ground wouldn't be a ton.
I disagree, but I have no data to go by. That small bit of contact surface area will add up in a hurry.

Sounds like you're going to go with thermopex anyway.

on: April 10, 2023, 08:33:21 PM 
Started by juddspaintballs - Last post by juddspaintballs
I realize it would be resting on the bottom, but the actual amount of contact is minimal and the heat transfer from PEX through PVC and into the ground wouldn't be a ton. 

I'll probably just wind up using Thermopex so I can get it locally.  I'll be fine using the regular 1" stuff.  I don't have a need for high BTU transfer, just maintaining a radiant slab in a well-insulated house. 

on: April 10, 2023, 05:01:26 PM 
Started by juddspaintballs - Last post by OTR
I would not think that would be a good idea. Your pex will not be suspended in the middle of an air gap, it will be resting on the bottom of the PVC, which will be touching the ground and sucking your heat away.

on: April 09, 2023, 04:55:58 PM 
Slow in here

on: April 01, 2023, 08:31:48 PM 
I typically use Thermopex or similar for my underground piping.  I know all of the benefits of it.  I've done 4 installations with that type of pipe and one where I closed-cell spray foamed the PEX inside of plastic sheeting which also worked quite well. 

I'm about to build a house.  My retired builder friend suggested just running PVC in the ground and pulling my PEX through for the underground piping.  Am I crazy for considering this?  The air gap in there is insulation enough and as long as the PVC doesn't break, it should stay dry. 

on: March 12, 2023, 05:22:53 AM 
Started by duramax - Last post by duramax
Thermocouple has been giving some low temps, ie 190 . the reaction chamber has no ash and the fire is strong with a good bed of coals. So to take out the thermocouple do I remove the refractory in the fire box to get at it? I didn't see the mastic tape in the air box cover mentioned in the manual .

on: February 13, 2023, 09:08:38 AM 
Started by zimmer988 - Last post by zimmer988
I am also measuring the temperatures with a Click PLC and some ESP8266 flashed with Tasmota.  I have the readings going to my Home Assistant instance and logging the data with InfluxDB and Grafana.

on: February 13, 2023, 09:01:10 AM 
Started by zimmer988 - Last post by zimmer988
I finally got this boiler installed and have it heating my house and a 45x60 shop with floor heat.  It works great!
https://photos.app.goo.gl/YY3SUF3RA7HLLSeeA

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10