Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
 on: December 12, 2021, 02:34:56 AM 
Started by MarkP - Last post by MarkP
Thanks for the input.   I understand it a little better now, and I kind of expected the relationship between GPM and head.  I have it all running now, and with 30 degrees outside, it's keeping up, but barely.  The air temperature at the registers is around 85-88. It should be higher than that...... possibly the 007 not quite keeping up?   I'll be swapping pumps today, and see how it does.  I have my garage turned down to 60 degrees at night, and the house is 71. I just checked the boiler, and it's on 171 degrees.  I'll find out how it goes with the pumps swapped, and I'll report back.  Thanks!!

on: December 11, 2021, 10:29:04 PM 
Started by MarkP - Last post by RSI
250' round trip is a lot for a 007. Might get 5 gpm if you are lucky. The 009 should get around 7 gpm on the same loop.
The short loop the 007 would probably do about 10 gpm and the 009 would do a little over 9gpm.

on: December 11, 2021, 05:00:40 PM 
Started by shepherd boy - Last post by shepherd boy
Having a lot of people asking about dryer hookup. Still using mine. Refresh this.

on: December 11, 2021, 04:46:52 PM 
Started by MarkP - Last post by shepherd boy
The head on a 007 is low, head = pressure, so you can have a lot of gpm if you don't have to have pressure to push it down a pipe. The 009 is probably pushing more gpm down the pipe than the 007, but 100 ft. is not a long way so if it is working let it go. if you need to replace a pump at some point I'd look for a pump with head a little stronger than the 007 and less gpm, split the difference between those two pumps, like the 008 although I like a different brand.

on: December 11, 2021, 09:13:31 AM 
I was thinking that, but then I saw the GPM for each.  The 007 has 0-23 GPM and the 009 has 0-10 GPM.  I'm not sure how the head range affects each of those.  Common sense tells me that a 15 foot run would get the smaller pump.

thanks!!

on: December 10, 2021, 09:29:17 PM 
Started by MarkP - Last post by RSI
The pumps should be swapped opposite of what you have them. The 009 should be on the long run and the 007 on the short run.

on: December 10, 2021, 09:18:28 AM 
I have some questions regarding my homebuilt boiler, and the best combination of pump/heat exchanger.   I built the stove about 4 years ago, and only built it for my garage, but decided to add the house to it this week.  Here's what I have:
180 gallon boiler with a 24"W X 28"H X 36" L firebox. 75 cfm draft fan on the door, and 6" stack out the top.
20X20 heat exchanger with Taco 009 in the garage 1000 sq. ft with 10' ceilings.... well insulated.
12X15 heat exchanger with Taco007 for the house 1680 sq ft built in 2004.. also well insulated.

Does this combination seem adequate?  I know the garage is working great, and it's only 15 feet from 009 pump on the back of the stove to the heat exchanger.  My question is more around the house.  Is 12X15 heat exchanger enough for a 1680 sq ft house, and is the Taco 007 enough to keep the hot water there?  I have a total of 100 feet of 1" pipe from the pump to the heat exchanger, with 25 feet of that in the crawlspace. Both pumps are approx. 48" above the ground, and both heat exchangers are at ground level.   Lines on each are insulated, and buried 30", inside a 6" pipe.  The pipe is covered in sand, and 4" hard foam insulation on top of that, then the dirt.   Also.... will a 180 gallon stove keep up with both.  Water temperature is set at 170 on the stove.

thanks!!

Mark

on: December 08, 2021, 06:09:50 AM 
Started by Hunt4heat - Last post by smithbr
Hi Matt
Sorry, missed your last.  Don't know if it's sub-modules are repairable individually.  CB doesn't offer the option of buying either/or.  If I had your situation, I'd cannibalize one and try to make the other complete.
I see no-one is posting here, it's all on fB for sure.  Oh well, guess this forum had it's day.  It sure saved my bacon a few times as a learner, from what I've seen fB is far more chaotic for that sort of thing.
B

on: November 24, 2021, 11:59:55 AM 
Started by oldchenowth - Last post by oldchenowth
I have a Wood Doctor 5000 that decided to lunch an overflow reservoir tank.  I thought I had a cracked weld or rusted through.  When I got it apart I found the plastic tank had pretty much exploded.  I think the hose on top broke and the tank froze, hence the plastic blew apart.

So if anyone might know where I can get a replacement, I would greatly appreciate it.  Not sure if my skills are up to welding and aluminum one that doesn't leak.

Thanks in advance.  feel free to contact me directly.  waverunner196@yahoo.com

Rich

on: November 05, 2021, 05:35:38 AM 
Started by Walleye - Last post by WoodMOJoe
Thanks RSI, I should have thought of vinegar.

Cheap and readily available I will give it a try.   :thumbup:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]