Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Second zone  (Read 2575 times)

patvetzal

• OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: ML36
    • View Profile
Second zone
« on: March 26, 2017, 03:43:32 PM »

So everything is working the way we hoped except that the basement is a little cold. Decided to install another heat exchanger (read truck radiator) down there with a fan on it. After 24 hours the upstairs was 80 degrees, basement even hotter, floors all toasty etc. Realized that I gotta control that fan so I ran a pair of 110volt wires up to the kitchen and bought a Honeywell digital line voltage t'stat. As luck would have it, the kid gave me one for baseboard heaters, the one with the triac that cycles the fan every 10-20 seconds when the temp is close to the set point.
Currently I have an old dial type baseboard t'sat in place but we would like one with a little more precision and a readable dial. Don't need multi stage or programable.
Any suggestions of a model number for a line voltage, digital stat? That new truck radiator will then be the main heat source for the main floor as the heat distribution is better than the rad in the furnace duct....
80 acres of Bancroft bush and Ontario rock, a sweet wife, a few chickens, fishing rod, most everything I need....Most of it made by John Deere, Polaris, Stihl, Ruger, Jeep or me...

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
Re: Second zone
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 07:17:28 PM »

A lux 100 thermostat should work. Or you could use a switching relay and then any normal wall thermostat.

E Yoder

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: GS 100
    • View Profile
    • www.heatmasterfurnace.com
Re: Second zone
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 10:19:53 AM »

Like RSI said, I'd use a cheap transformer, regular 24v.AC wall stat, and 90-370 SPDT relay. Simple and cheap.
HeatMaster dealer serving southwest VA.
www.heatmasterfurnace.com