Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: slow the fan down!  (Read 14284 times)

atvalaska

• OWF Brand: aqua-therm
  • OWF Model: coal one 275
  • 907, no vacancy !
    • View Profile
Re: slow the fan down!
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2014, 09:20:12 AM »

ironwood don't care :(   I was doing a net search looking for any one else who gave this idea a shot, and didn't check the date  ! >

""slow the fan down! ""

« on: September 20,**** 2010***, 11:09:55 AM »
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 09:22:19 AM by atvalaska »

atvalaska

• OWF Brand: aqua-therm
  • OWF Model: coal one 275
  • 907, no vacancy !
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2014, 09:33:58 AM »

what I do know > if u have a model with 2 fans , they  need the same mods (each  fan) to make them work ,I disabled  one of my fans as I felt the stove would work with only one fan ...it does ...then once the fire gets started = it blows the smoke out the "disabled fans " every little hole! In order to make that work ,I would have to remove fan a block off hole with a plate. .......... SLIM ... there is another way  to do it with out a AQsta...was thinking a R.I.B.  timer/delay  it would work like so = your regular sta would shut off the fan /shutter assy ...but the shutter would go thru the RIB and not cut the power to drop the it  "flap/shutter" till it timed out.....thinking out loud here.....

fryedaddy

• OWF Brand: Hicks Water Stove
  • OWF Model: 750 Gallon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2014, 07:52:32 AM »

My stove has a blower and (2) dampers.

The dampers were installed as a backup if power were to go out.

I've tried running it with the blower, blower to start the fires and dampers only (after a bed of coals has been established).

I was under the same impression the the slower the fire the more time for BTUs to transfer but I keep proving myself wrong.

Burning as hot a fire as possible to more efficient and transfers heat better. Burning a slower fire (i Believe) adds creasote and
ash to the transfer surfaces and restricts transfer.

Just my beliefs, my situation may be a little different as well because I batch burn and have a large water volume.

vpd66

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2014, 08:02:39 AM »

My stove has a blower and (2) dampers.

The dampers were installed as a backup if power were to go out.

I've tried running it with the blower, blower to start the fires and dampers only (after a bed of coals has been established).

I was under the same impression the the slower the fire the more time for BTUs to transfer but I keep proving myself wrong.

Burning as hot a fire as possible to more efficient and transfers heat better. Burning a slower fire (i Believe) adds creasote and
ash to the transfer surfaces and restricts transfer.

Just my beliefs, my situation may be a little different as well because I batch burn and have a large water volume.

Thats the problem with these AquaTherms. Too much heat goes up the stack. They are just a barrel in a barrel style (fire box with a water jacket around them) and they only hold 45 gallons of water. Heat transfer is fast and alot is wasted up the stack. We are trying to just use the blower to restart the fire, then shut it off and just let the fire burn with the damper open. With the damper open and blower going it is like a blow torch in mine after the fire is going good.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 10:20:18 PM by Sloppy_Snood »

Propster

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Aquatherm
  • OWF Model: 145
  • MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2015, 10:41:42 AM »

I'm late to this discussion but would it be possible to reduce the power/speed/rpms of the motor running the draft fan? I.e. smaller motor?
Pages: 1 [2]