Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: September 22, 2018, 09:42:41 PM 
Started by RSI - Last post by nd guy
Pm you.

on: September 22, 2018, 06:35:06 PM 
Started by DBeleskey - Last post by mlappin
I filled one one when it was about -20F. I had both the supply and return valves open and the water froze when it got to the cold pump. I should have closed the return valve so the water was flowing fast enough to warm the pump and then switched to the return to make sure that warmed up too. It filled fine and everything looked good but no water would flow. Took the pump apart and it was solid ice.
Nothing else was a problem. After heating up the pump, it was fine.

LOL that sucks.

I finished one last year about the 28th pf December. House had been up and running for awhile. Kid had the heat exchanger unit form his grandpa’s wood working shop. He said everything was drained when his grandfather quit using the old Woodmaster. Might have been drained but was full of mud. Took forever to figure out why it wouldn’t prime, finally got the mud flushed out only to find it leaked. Took the lines off at the manifold, stuck a coupler in them and just left the pump run on low a few days until we got a new coil.

on: September 22, 2018, 06:31:04 PM 
Started by Farmer Rob - Last post by mlappin
Fingers crossed...time is closing in on me.

Yea verily.

Got down to 47 here the other night, opened all the windows and shut the AC down for the year.

on: September 22, 2018, 06:29:25 PM 
Started by DBeleskey - Last post by mlappin
I will look again but usually with the shipping charges, exchange rate and brokerage fees the cost to get the item here is more than the actual cost of the item.
Like I said, I will look around again.
Thanks

Out of curiosity, how does that work exactly? Do the brokerage fees only apply to items over a certain amount?

I bought some Pyrex site glasses when I made my own view ports for the secondary combustion chambers, came out to roughly 4 bucks apiece from Pegasus Glass in Canada, don’t recall the shipping being excessive.

on: September 22, 2018, 03:55:30 AM 
Started by Jon_E - Last post by E Yoder
Yes, I hadn't noticed the difference in length before. Good to know.

on: September 21, 2018, 06:07:26 PM 
Started by Jon_E - Last post by hoardac
What did you do to fix the motor being longer. I have the same one from zoro on the shelf of just in case parts. If there is something I could do to get it ready beforehand would be interested to know.

on: September 21, 2018, 08:59:04 AM 
Started by DBeleskey - Last post by DBeleskey
I will look again but usually with the shipping charges, exchange rate and brokerage fees the cost to get the item here is more than the actual cost of the item.
Like I said, I will look around again.
Thanks 

on: September 21, 2018, 08:55:17 AM 
Started by DBeleskey - Last post by DBeleskey
Great thanks
I actually though about being able to start a small fire but it says in the manual not to apply heat until the boiler is full. Probably means not to start a huge fire and get the boiler real hot before adding water.
I hope to beat the freeze up but you never know. Haven't had much good luck in the past little while :)

on: September 21, 2018, 06:50:03 AM 
Started by Jon_E - Last post by Jon_E
Finally installed my new Dayton blower fan in the G200 last night.  The old Fasco unit apparently wasn't quite ready to give it up, and lasted until yesterday morning before it finally just quit.  Took me two hours to do the installation, mostly because I had to disassemble everything three times.  First disassembly was getting the old motor out.  Second one was getting everything completely put back together and realizing that the new motor was about 3/16" longer than the old one and wouldn't fit properly.  Third time was because I fixed the fit problem but reinstalled the motor upside down on the plate and the power cord wouldn't reach.  Probably would be an hour or less if I had a clue. 

Anyway the new motor fired right up, nice and quiet, working the way it should.  I need to make sure that I don't open the smoke bypass in the middle of a hot burn cycle, because I am sure that is what smoked the bearings in the old fan and overheated everything.

on: September 20, 2018, 10:21:13 PM 
Started by wreckit87 - Last post by hondaracer2oo4
Volcano Hydronics!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10