Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New E1450 with WIFI module  (Read 8360 times)

bowood

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: E-1450
    • View Profile
Re: New E1450 with WIFI module
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2016, 07:28:49 PM »

I haven't yet tried to let coals re-light the fire.  I just put the wood in and press the auto-light button.  I'm spoiled by the propane ignition.  It gets it hot very fast so there is little smoke.  It's hooked to a 1000 gallon tank.

Roger2561

• OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2016, 04:21:38 AM »

Honda - If I'm lucky I may have some coals available to help rekindle the fire but generally they are all dead and I need to start from scratch to get it going again.  But, having said that, it doesn't take long to get the water temp from 150 to 190. 
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

hondaracer2oo4

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster. Past Hardy
  • OWF Model: G200. Past H4
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2016, 07:11:17 AM »

When I was looking for a gasser I was going to go with the 1450 or the g200. I liked the 1450 because of the fire star controller and the optional propane for relighting incase my wife let it go out. The price was at best a few thousand more than the g200 though and the g200 got better test results than the 1450. Th g200 also had the very good reviews of the Heatmaster company standing behind it. I can be a geek though and would like to know the reaction chamber temps and the exaust temps.

Roger2561

• OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2016, 07:37:53 AM »

When I was looking for an OWB, my CB rep offered the optional propane ignition unit but I turned it down.  I didn't think I'd need it (hindsight is 20/20).  The basic fire star controller came with my unit but the wifi option was not available for the OWB at the time I purchased mine.  I don't feel like dishing out somewhere around $500.00 for the upgrade.  I am thinking of installing a web based security camera that will focus on the digital display which not only shows the water temp but every 6 seconds it will show the reaction chamber temp.  I should be able to access it on my computer in my living room and at work.  But at the moment my priorities are paying off some rather large bills.   Roger 
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

Carm

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Central boiler
  • OWF Model: 1450
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2016, 03:54:14 PM »

When my fire goes out (rarely). And usually because of a brain fart.... I have had very little trouble relighting.  Even with a few embers, a couple pieces of paper and/or some dry kindling and she's up and running pretty quickly.  That said, it does take a bit of time to get a good bed established..... But I'm not always using the best coaling wood.  I should have gotten the propane option and probably would have but my local dealer was a douche.
Freeland, MD

bowood

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2016, 05:01:10 PM »

I've since discovered that the "vent" mode where the primary air is off and only charge tube is running only comes on if the reaction chamber was above 550 at the end of a cycle.  If it was lower than this when it hits the set point it doesn't run a vent cycle.  So that still doesn't explain to me why it does it, but it makes me feel better about it wasting heat.  It doesn't bother if there is much heat to begin with.  I got the propane option because it was new construction and I was already running so many underground conduit, propane, etc.  If it was an existing home the options would have felt much more expensive.

Carm

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Central boiler
  • OWF Model: 1450
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2016, 06:08:28 PM »

The short answer is maybe.  I have caught it right at fire out and there were plenty of coals on the sides....just none in the reaction chamber..... Add wood and walk away.    I have arrived way late after it called fire out and had to add some paper and kindling to coax it back.  Ultimately it depends on how soon you catch it.... And the dryness of the woof.
Freeland, MD

bowood

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2017, 05:05:14 PM »

I added the Central Boiler Firestar Module into Samsung SmartThings.  Now I can see the temperatures next to all the door and thermostat sensors.  Its a prototype at this point but it works.  I'll add more to it later.  Here is the source code:

https://github.com/bowood/CentralBoiler

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2017, 07:13:47 PM »

A couple interesting things of note. It appears that your reaction chamber temps are only getting up to around 800 degrees. I wonder why that is? I wonder what mine are. Second thing is it looks like you are running 170 on 190 off. I wish I could run those temps. Heatmaster has mine locked down at 160-180. I could squeeze some more btus into the water to air hx if I was up a little higher like that. Last year when I was running 175-185 and running the water directly through my water to air hx I could get 130-145 temps out of my heat registers. Now that I am running 160-180 and running the water through a FPHE and then to the water to air hx I get 120-135 temps. I think that the house feels more even with heat and doesn't get that 'hot/cold' that I used to get with the air but I am waiting to see when we get real cold how things are.

Long as the air coming out the vents doesn’t feel cold, the lower the temp and the longer the fan on the furnace runs, the more even the temperatures will be from room to room and even in each room. I’ve read in numerous places that some HVAC guys even recommend leaving the fan on manual, course in our cases we’d all have to have primary/secondary loops or fan coil valves on our HX’ers. With my old setup the whole house humidifier would kick on and just run the fan on the furnace, without water flowing thru the HX the air would feel cold, especially if you just stepped out of the shower when it kicked on.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

5050racing

• OWF Brand: CB-1450
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2017, 04:00:50 PM »

Yes and no all depends how long it's been out type of wood coal bed that's established,but if you catch it early maybe it will,if it's from a bridge event or so lots of variables.
Pages: 1 [2]